Hasson & Wong negative reviews

14 hours ago, Greg_Swanson said:

I definitely understand the tech versus minimal tech involvement, but at the end of the day, no one can argue how incredibly consistent H&W's work is. I don't know if people can really say there are much better alternatives, I thought it was pretty well accepted that H&W are amongst the elite of the elite.

Were you going with FUE or FUT

FUT. I already have a scar from a previous surgery, so don't see the point in FUE.

From what i hear, Dr. Wong is great in maximizing donor hair, which is what i am hoping to accomplish.

13 hours ago, AssaultedByDHT said:

H&W is great if you're rich. They are top notch. Of course, there are other reputable doctors that do great jobs at a much lower cost.

Actually, I think H & W are about average when it comes to money in this area. Dr. Konior is what i would consider extremly expensive, but based on his results, probably worth it .

9 hours ago, bismarck said:

Hasson is extremely consistent, Wong is good but not quite at Hasson's level. Probably one of the most consistent active clinics for FUT in the entire world.

That's actually very interesting. 

Based purely on pictures on this site, i thought Dr. Wong had more jaw dropping results. 

Wait... people are downplaying H&W and acting like they aren’t and haven’t been the premier HT surgeons in the world for over a decade? You can probably count the amount of bad results from this clinic posted to this forum on one hand. They are incredibly consistent and regularly produce world class results in the patient posted threads. Also they are not pushy, I’ve had experience with 4 clinics and was only harassed by one and that wasn’t H&W

• Like 1

Is it a common consensus on this site that Dr. Hasson's results are significantly better and consistent than those of Dr. Wong.

Bismarck had mentioned that and made me curious.

Of the two, who is better at mega sessions?

On 7/11/2019 at 1:13 PM, zach0786 said:

Good way to put it. Small difference, but every bit matters. 

Did you end up going with Dr. Konior? 

I called his office, he even schedules the consults himself. Very unusual, but hands-on from beginning to finish, apparently. I have decided to have a consult with Dr. Konior, and depending on how that goes, i think i am open to waiting a year or so.

I had my FUT with Dr. Konior a few months ago, really great experience and enjoying some early growth. Feel free to PM if you have further questions.

1 hour ago, zach0786 said:

Is it a common consensus on this site that Dr. Hasson's results are significantly better and consistent than those of Dr. Wong.

They both have a strong reputation for mega sessions. I'd be more inclined to go with Hasson for hairline work and Wong for crown work. I wouldn't say Hasson's results are necessarily better, but he's posted some serious home runs over the past few months.

Edited by RecessionProof

12 hours ago, zach0786 said:

FUT. I already have a scar from a previous surgery, so don't see the point in FUE.

From what i hear, Dr. Wong is great in maximizing donor hair, which is what i am hoping to accomplish.

Honestly, if you're going FUT, H&W are a no-brainer.

Both surgeons do amazing FUT work, and can get so many grafts out of single sessions. Plus their FUT isn't that expensive at all, there are far more expensive FUT operators around. 

When it comes to strip, it's pretty well understood that H&W are pretty much the best place you can go. This thread is virtually the first time I've seen people question anything about either of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zach0786 said:

That's interesting, I did a post not too long ago about this, and the consensus was that they are equally as good. Small sample size, of course. 

23 hours ago, zach0786 said:

Actually, I think H & W are about average when it comes to money in this area. Dr. Konior is what i would consider extremly expensive, but based on his results, probably worth it .

I’ll agree. You will get what you pay for, and this is not something I’d skimp on. You only get to use your donor area once, and having a great surgeon would be a way to help to stack the odds of a successful transplant in your favor. For me, I’m going to go with a surgeon that is good at strip and FUE, mainly because I’ve heard you can get better density from strip first.

Just a disclaimer....I am neither paid to promote Dr. Konior nor am I an online representative of his. 

I just had my surgery with him. He is AMAZING. I am 3 days post-opand you can barely notice that I have had a major surgery. 

Apart from his skills as a surgeon, he is a fantastic human being. He is what all doctors should aspire to be like — nothing he does is about him, the focus is 100% on the patient.

Yes, he is very expensive and the wait is long. I had to wait 15 months for my surgery. But at the end, I sincerely believe that it was well worth it. 

Best of luck.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ray123 said:

Just a disclaimer....I am neither paid to promote Dr. Konior nor am I an online representative of his. 

I just had my surgery with him. He is AMAZING. I am 3 days post-opand you can barely notice that I have had a major surgery. 

Apart from his skills as a surgeon, he is a fantastic human being. He is what all doctors should aspire to be like — nothing he does is about him, the focus is 100% on the patient.

Yes, he is very expensive and the wait is long. I had to wait 15 months for my surgery. But at the end, I sincerely believe that it was well worth it. 

Best of luck.  

That’s great, and I’m happy you feel that way, but I feel you can’t really say how good a surgeon is until you’ve experienced the results. Not to say you won’t, u picked a really good surgeon imo, but he could be the nicest, most professional guy in the world, but when all is said and done the only thing that matters is the results 

• Like 2

I do agree with your statement. I have seen enough pictures to have an “educated” idea about the subject. 

What I can tell you is that his results are almost always amazing. I hope I am not the exception. 

Also, I had a very personalized experience. I wasn’t just another patient and it wasn’t just another process. I had a two-day procedure and Dr. Konior was there the entire time and performed all the work himself. To me, that’s valuable. 

1 hour ago, Ray123 said:

I do agree with your statement. I have seen enough pictures to have an “educated” idea about the subject. 

What I can tell you is that his results are almost always amazing. I hope I am not the exception. 

Also, I had a very personalized experience. I wasn’t just another patient and it wasn’t just another process. I had a two-day procedure and Dr. Konior was there the entire time and performed all the work himself. To me, that’s valuable. 

I really hope you get great results, and I don’t doubt you will, but I feel like there aren’t really that many konior results on here. What I’ve seen is good, but it’s not like his patients are prolific on here 

17 minutes ago, Phil36fromaus said:

Interesting thread because HnW and Konior are the only guys I'd ever consider doing a strip with (and did a strip with Konior 4 years ago whose scar size turned out to be comparable or less than the FUE scars i got in a later HT), although I believe their approaches to HTs are somewhat opposed.

IMO HnW are more about maximising whatever donor they can get from each individual surgery, believing that each surgery carries with it a certain level of risk, and are probably the best in the world in their high density work. So you will get the massive mega sessions coming out of there at a consistent rate. Konior on the other hand seems to limit each daily procedure to around 2000 grafts a day, with an emphasis on naturalism and graft placement via the least invasive means possible (i.e. stick and place). So Konior is far more conservative and potentially more adaptive to the unpredictable nature of MPB, and probably why he has a reputation as the go to guy for repair work when you want to make your last remaining grafts count.

HnW then are more of a mill compared to Konior, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but it might give an entirely different understanding of each clinic approaches their patients and what type of results you could aim to achieve by considering both. 

Or so is my understanding

I’m sorry but there’s no way H&W are or could ever be considered a “mill”, in fact they’re probably one of the most renowned clinics in the world for repair work. They are not reckless with grafts and frankly even just as a patient I find that post insulting and uninformed. The megasessions aren’t about more bang for your buck they’re done because they give the best possible results with damn near 100% graft survival. Konior is a great surgeon but when it comes to before and after pics no one is more consistent with more dramatic results than H&W and the density they achieve in one pass is unrivalled. Take a look at the Spanish guy on their homepage for example who I think had 10 K grafts in one sitting and went from totally bald to no sign of hairloss, what would the benefit there have been going for a conservative approach of 5 2k surgeries? With his waiting list it would’ve taken what 10 years to get that result with konior?

Edited by Aftermath

1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

i was a repair patient from my 2nd HT and consulted with both, and both had dramatically different approaches to solve my problem. Konior gave me the more conservative approach of FUE whereas Wong wanted me to attempt a strip after a badly performed FUE. Given that the strip was the riskier procedure when I could have also gotten by with an FUE, i believe it reveals the different ethos, which was articulated directly to me by both

Or you could look at it the other way and say you had a failed FUE so dr wong suggested FUT as a more reliable method to eliminate the possibility that you didn’t have good hair for an FUE and that actually FUE could’ve been a riskier approach as after 2 bouts of FUE you probably couldn’t do a FUT (if it had in fact failed again).

from what you deduced from that you thought H&W were reckless with grafts and more of a hair mill? That’s a strange conclusion from an one opposing treatment plan, which when you actually look at it, dr wongs approach was probably more conservative and would’ve given you more lifetime grafts...

1 minute ago, Phil36fromaus said:

not reckless, just that to solve my specific problem I only really needed 900 grafts. whereas wong was going to attempt to get 2400. 

and i dont believe HnW are reckless with grafts at all, i believe they are the best in the world at megasesssions/high density work. the more of a mill comment was more of a reference to the level of involvement Konior has in his surgeries at every level. 

I just don’t think you throw around the term hair mill lightly. Maybe you could’ve chose a better term. One of the premier clinics for results in the entire world should never be referred to as a hair mill when that term has so many negative connotations on this site. I think I get what your point it, you just used a term that I think is totally unjust for that clinic that’s why I felt the need to defend them

• Like 2

I don’t know much about HnW. What I do know is that there have been patients that have been less than satisfied. I looked hard and long but could not find a Dr. Konior patient that wasn’t happy with his/her results. 

As I said, I am not a spokesperson for Dr. Konior. I was simply sharing my experience hoping someone would find it helpful. So far, I have been extremely pleased with the entire process  

Before I chose Dr. Konior, I had a consultation with a prominent doctor whose name pops up on this forum quite often. I asked him “If you were to have the surgery who would you go to?” Without hesitation, he said “Konior, no doubt. He is an artist.”  That statement prompted me to make an appointment with Dr. Konior and travel to Chicago for a consultation. He is a very honest, straightforward person and I felt very comfortable with him.  

All that said, I had about 3500 grafts over two days, and I am 3 days post-op. As they say, the proof is in the pudding.  Hopefully, I will be this happy 6 months from now.  

@Phil36fromaus @Ray123

You are definitely correct about Konior's approach.

I consulted with 4 or 5 clinics, all whom suggested a procedure of around 1500-2,000 grafts.

However, it was the personal reply of Dr. Konior (not a representative like the others) who suggested I hold off on a HT for the time being, and wait a year or so, then decide if it's truly what I want to undertake.

We emailed back and fourth a few times, and the man just gave me his honest assessment, advice, and peace of mind. It was truly refreshing. You can tell he's an amazing surgeon.

Edited by Greg_Swanson

On 7/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, zach0786 said:

I recently had a skype interview with Dr. Wong. Nice guy, made me feel at ease, said all the right things.

I felt comfortable with him, and am pretty close to booking a procedure with him. I recently googled H & W, and quite a few horror stories online. Stories about patients being double booked, surgeons disappearing during procedures, aggressive sales tactics. 

This is my second, and most probably, last procedure. Not sure if i will recover if i botch this by selecting the wrong surgeon. Been there, done that. 

I need some advice from all the wonderful people here. How are Hasson and Wong viewed in the hair transplant community? Am i in good hands? 

Should i stick to someone in the States?

Thanks. Really counting on some feedback.

I've been in the Hasson office but never actually got a procedure done with them. I went to them to fix the botch job that Baubac did. I wasn't really happy to hear about how they were going to fix the Baubac butchering, plus the expense. However, I wish that I had gone to Hasson before going to Baubac in the first place, as he does seem like one of the better surgeons, although I don't have any evidence of my own for this statement. 

Giving up on HTs altogether now. Not matter what they tell you, succesful grafts can and do fall out. They are not necessarily permanent. Think about this hard before you commit to anything. It's expensive and there is the possibility of being hacked up ( of course, some people do seem to have very good results, just not I ;)).

Edited by Ranger99

• Administrators

Guys,

Let's be serious here, Hasson and Wong are no where near a hair mill. They are two surgeons with two teams who perform surgery. Just because they are not one doctor, and one tech doesn't make them a hair mill. Let's not get in to a "my doctor is better than yours" debate. Back to the topic you would be hard pressed to find any negative reviews for Hasson and Wong they are absolutely elite and have been for over a decade.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, Zaagirad said:

I've thought about making a thread. I supposed I could do one if there is interest. I'm a big time diffused thinner so we didn't even tackle the crown area. 

Also, it was one session. I was there from 7:30 until 7:30pm at night.

I'm a diffused thinner NW6, please make a thread and share pics. I'd be highly thankful to you.

11 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Guys,

Let's be serious here, Hasson and Wong are no where near a hair mill. They are two surgeons with two teams who perform surgery. Just because they are not one doctor, and one tech doesn't make them a hair mill. Let's not get in to a "my doctor is better than yours" debate. Back to the topic you would be hard pressed to find any negative reviews for Hasson and Wong they are absolutely elite and have been for over a decade.

Could you please elaborate? I don't think it's fair to call every tech run clinic a hair mill obviously, but what makes hasson and Wong any different from some of the Turkish clinics? Do you have any information to share about their techs level of experience and education?  

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Payam said:

Could you please elaborate? I don't think it's fair to call every tech run clinic a hair mill obviously, but what makes hasson and Wong any different from some of the Turkish clinics? Do you have any information to share about their techs level of experience and education?  

From what I recall they use only one or two techs for extraction. Both Hasson and Wong belong to the World FUE institute. Both have said there technicians extract grafts better than they do. I believe it, I’ve said many times; extracting grafts in my opinion is a skill, and skills can be mastered without having a degree. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.