Stem Cells May Be The Cure To Hair Loss

• Administrators

Have you guys heard about this breakthrough with stem cells? What do you guys think is this going to be a bust? I would love to hear the communities thoughts.

Stem Cells May Be The Cure To Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I’ve read about this and seen the photo, i would love it to be a realty but I’m not holding my breath, just because they were able to grow a couple of strange-looking weed-like hair clumps from stem cells on the backs of mice/rats doesn’t mean it will work in humans.

It's all a guess at this point in time, but far fetched.  I can see this type of solution or some type of hair cloning becoming a reality in like 30 years.  But then again 40 years ago some people thought we would have flying cars by now.  🤣

I try to envision the money trail.  Where is the most profit to be made?  Is the demand for a cure to baldness enough to drive the industry?  It will be interesting to see what path this follows. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

25 years ago I was told, "it will be 10 years." 10 years ago I heard the same. Today, same tune.  The "Scientific Community" as it is commonly called is desperate to get that monkey off their backs.  At this time I don't think it's about the money at all.  That will come if they do find some success.

Funny how the world works.  We find cures for just about everything. But it does take years.  You have to take into account that we are dealing with the lives of people.  When this is the case, the FDA among other institutions, are involved.  It will cost millions, and this will eventually help to set the cost, if it does happen.  

In my opinion this is a smoke screen that will probably yield some results.  There will be creams or something of the sort to offset the cost of discovery.  Will it give a full set of hair? No.  Eventually it will happen, cell base-likely, but not in my lifetime.

Cells are the bases for everything.  Cloning/reproducing millions of cells is possibly the key.  

• Administrators

Very valid points from you guys, keep em coming.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I look at it this way:

If a baldness cure was a reality in the future, and Time Travel was possible ... wouldn’t a Time Traveler have brought it back here and now and become a Billionaire or Trillionaire maybe??

Im not gassing up my DeLorean anytime soon.

• Administrators

😂 hahaha that’s a good one

• Like 1

View my thread

7 hours ago, Dazed said:

I try to envision the money trail.  Where is the most profit to be made?  Is the demand for a cure to baldness enough to drive the industry?  It will be interesting to see what path this follows. 

if stem cells became available.

Do you think hair transplant doctors would not use it just because it would cost other companies millions?

This makes no sense. Of course they would.

The demonstration of using stem cells to grow hair on mice has been around for decades but nothing beyond that.

Maybe we all need to become mice?...:o

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Poor guy, that mouse should try derma rolling his back, he’d get better results! 😂

That rat looks like he has nose hair on his back

• Haha 1

View my thread