1700 fuel dr camillo Diaz (elite hair resoration)17/9/2018.. not happy and would like some feedback please

Bavz

IMG-20180918-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.aaf5791ace3a724fa85ed057dd989557.jpegHi,  so I had my FUE hair transplant September last year at the welbeck hospital London.  The surgery was performed by Dr camillo Diaz under elite hair restoration..  

I'm now 10 months post OP and not very happy with the results so far,  I wanted my hairline brought forward more but was advised by the doc that it would look to thin and he would pack out the centre to make it look more dence.. I'm left now with my receding hairline and no density in the middle.. 

I feel for the money paid it was a very unprofessional service provided from start to finish... We stopped for a break half way through which I was left alone in the room where my procedure took place eating my food sat next to a pot of blood and follicles(lovely)..  

Day 2 post OP was time to take the bandage off the donor area,  what can I say it was horrendous ,took my misses over an hour it was welded to my head with blood,  removing it was more painful than the dreaded injections..  Overall was the most traumatic experience of my life...  since then I've spoken to a couple of people who have had work done by Diaz and aren't happy either..  20180917_203012.thumb.jpg.54a205162d1b88e22606cbb812cc94fc.jpg

IMG-20180918-WA0005.jpg

20190707_123629.jpg

Hi

Looking at your photos and in all honesty, the density is not good, that said, and if your graft count in your title is accurate then realistically 1,700 for that coverage area is what it would look like. You probably needed 3k grafts instead for that area, but maybe post a photo of your hair before any procedure for a proper comparison.

Thanks for the reply, as u may know a hair transplant in London or England for that matter is ridiculous prices so.at the time it was all I could afford to do,  but that was how many dr Diaz said i needed for more density.. here is a before pic

Screenshot_20190107-201246_Outlook.jpg

First off, the post-op of the donor area does look... gnarly. I see why you'd be concerned with that.

That said, based on the photos of the end result, it doesn't look nearly as bad as I've seen before - and tbh, that is a really large area to cover with only 1700 grafts, so you get to adjust your expectations accordingly. Post clearer pictures of before and now with your hair styled in similar way so we can get a more accurate gauge of the actual result. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

9 hours ago, Bavz said:

Thanks for the reply, as u may know a hair transplant in London or England for that matter is ridiculous prices so.at the time it was all I could afford to do,  but that was how many dr Diaz said i needed for more density.. here is a before pic

Screenshot_20190107-201246_Outlook.jpg

Sure. 

Yes, I’m aware the it can be pricey in the UK, you should have done more research on result expectations and more cost/graft effective clinics, but what’s done is done no point in stressing over it and like I stated it does look like the 1,700 grafts took and grew but the area definitely needed at lest 3,000 grafts for your expectation of reasonable density.

I agree with @pkipling try and post a recent photo with your hair styled same as your before photo.

Hey pal am from Manchester so know about uk prices being daft. I went Belgium not much difference just better doctors imo. If you're not happy look seriously at Turkey such as edorgen, kesser, demisroy etc who are alot cheaper.  Two of my friends have used smile clinic and have had good results for £1600 but I would probably go with a more established clinic for a top up.

• Like 1

Is your hair wet in all of these photos? If so, it's certainly not the best way to set yourself up to win in terms of giving yourself the illusion of density. Especially since you're covering a large area with a limited number of grafts, you get to be creative in terms of how you style your hair so that it looks its best. A dry look with a thickening paste/pomade would be a good start.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

2 hours ago, Bavz said:

Its wet yes,  was just trying to show density when wet... would never go out like this🤭

I invite you to take a picture of how it looks when you style it how you would when you go out. No matter how good someone's transplant is, the wet look is never going to give the representation of the illusion of density that's available, and in turn can be discouraging. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate! I underwent surgery with Dr Diaz 3 years ago. Mine turned out completely awful! I’ve had to go on anti depressants due to the surgery as I can’t bare to look at it in the mirror. I contacted the consultant and he was extremely rude and telling me that I was expecting to much: That can’t be far from the truth. I don’t know what to do? 

Wow!!! This is unbelievable,  more and more people coming forward about dr Diaz...  J-uk21 I'm in the same boat since my procedure, really has knocked me for six mentally... severe anxiety and panic attacks due to my experience with elite hair restoration... 

Gents, I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences. Here on this forum, we're either all still experiencing or have experienced hair loss in the past... and so nearly all of us can identify with how it feels to have our confidence take a shot to the gut. 

Even if we go for an HT with a relatively low number of grafts (such as 1700), it's only human to expect to get the very best possible result for those 1700 grafts. After all, that's what we pay silly amounts of money for, and that's why we go through the procedure and the 12 month phase of waiting for the results to show. It's a real bummer to see anybody finish up with results that they're not happy with.

That being said, @Bavz, the photo you posted of your hair in its dry state, is definitely a massive improvement from your pre-op state. I totally get that you would have liked more density (such that even when wet, it looks impressive)... but take it from a totally neutral third party, that it doesn't look terrible at all (when dry).

As pkipling has correctly implied, the wet look is capable of even making the world's best HTs look like a severe case of hairloss.

Holy crap that is sad. Clicking the thread I didnt notice the op date in the post. So thought this is where the journey begin, but looking at that post op pic one could really tell,  damn thats not good. Seen several results that went bad that had that kind of post op look(not talking about the hairline). It just looks very unprofessional, and when adding the fact that they left grafts over lunch is just insane.If they were there laying plain open in the air and not in a solution its even more crazy.

Okay so you look really swollen in the first picture so the hairline will look distorted from that. You clearly need another procedure if you wanted higher density, but if you only had 1700 you’ll have plenty of donor left for another op. 

You look like you bled a lot but they usually advise you to avoid certain things before the op so you don’t bleed as it can have an impact on the end result, all the forums online say to avoid alcohol. Did you have any alcohol or spicy foods? 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Everydayjane said:

Okay so you look really swollen in the first picture so the hairline will look distorted from that. You clearly need another procedure if you wanted higher density, but if you only had 1700 you’ll have plenty of donor left for another op. 

You look like you bled a lot but they usually advise you to avoid certain things before the op so you don’t bleed as it can have an impact on the end result, all the forums online say to avoid alcohol. Did you have any alcohol or spicy foods? 

It's very weird that your first two posts are about a specific surgeon. I have been alerted that you may be working for the surgeon. It's okay if you are working for the surgeon but you must disclose this information in your forum signature.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It's very weird that your first two posts are about a specific surgeon. I have been alerted that you may be working for the surgeon. It's okay if you are working for the surgeon but you must disclose this information in your forum signature.

Is this meant for me?? Haha I'm a plasterer😂

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Bavz said:

Is this meant for me?? Haha I'm a plasterer😂

No I quoted @Everydayjane

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Everydayjane said:

I see u commented on another post about Dr Diaz,  saying about how outstanding hes work is..So why are so many complaining??? And why is hisbwork so rough??? 

No clue to why I bled so much i hadnt drank for over 2 weeks... 

• Like 1