My Hair transplant in India at Eugenix

I am British and like most others in my country, was extremely skeptical of travelling to India. Least of all for a medical procedure as delicate as hair transplantation. The news never stopped showing the crimes and environmental damage in the country and it only added to my fears. 
My wife has an Indian lineage down her ancestry and she was quite hopeful of the situation. However, it was not an easy task for me to bring myself to it.
I first took my donor into account. I had thin calibre hair and a weak donor. Plus, I was not sure if the entire scalp could be covered. The consultation started off by sharing the pictures. The analysis of my case then further started with different clinics giving me their views. 
I finally decided for Eugenix after having a word with the doctors there. I was aware that my beard would also be taken as a potential donor site.
The other problem that emerged after the final evaluation were the questions that I had about the safety once in the country. I was travelling with my children so it made me think a hundred times prior to finalising.
Once everything was decided, I gave in to the dates and blocked my trip to Delhi, India.
I booked into a hotel and chose not to stay at the clinic premises because my kids wanted to stay where there was a pool. Also, it could’ve been dreadfully boring for them to spend their time. I got my booking done at Taj Vivanta. It was a lovely hotel just 10 minutes approximately from the clinic. It was expensive but it seemed to promise safety and hygiene. And it did.
The day of the surgery started with the doctors evaluating my case in person. I met them the evening before also. The designing part of it went on for almost an hour. I was taken for my head wash, then the anaesthesia. The first couple of injections were noticeable but then after that I didn’t really feel any pain. The doctors then went on to make the slits. I could actually hear the slits being made. I’ve heard that most people do. The slits were counted till 100s and then started over from 1 until the next 100 was achieved.
After the slits for half of my scalp was made, I was given a break. I got some coffee. Then the extraction and implantation part of the procedure was carried out. The counting was done 1 by 1. I hadn’t actually believed that they would count each one of them. It was reassuring but by the end of the day it was overwhelming when the count went into hundreds. Nobody wants to be stationed in a single place for hours on end. But hair transplant seems like a laborious process. They did mover me from position to another while they required to implant and extract from different. 
The end of the first day was tiring but there was another day left for me to go. I was actually tired of doing nothing. I went back to my hotel. Had my dinner and slept off. 
The next day was basically the same. There were no complications. I must say that the way the team working on my case showed their confidence actually made me feel very comfortable. They were completely at home with the procedure and did not falter whatsoever. And even though I didn’t really understand their tongue, these guys were friendly and kept making sure that I was comfortable. They didn’t have to do it but they did. And I appreciate these fellas for that.
The hotel was a bomb when it came to their charges. I was worried that I might end up paying more for the hotel than my transplantation itself. But I had already booked the hotel and there was no way out of it. If I had been to India earlier, I might have just stayed at the clinic itself. 
The environment was extremely comfortable. And we decided to visit the Taj Mahal. Eugenix arranged the trip for us. Of course we paid for the trip. But they made sure that we weren’t charged more than what was the actual. They even helped us with our laundry. I was actually relieved that my fears for this country weren’t true. India seemed a lot different than what is usually shown by our media.
So it has been almost 7 to 8 months now after my transplant. I am getting a good head of hair. The results are picking up. 
The doctors recently visited the UK. Nelson told us about it and we immediately decided that we must meet them. They were in Manchester the day we decided to rendezvous. It was lovely to meet them and again very reassuring. According to the doctors, the growth is yet to full come. 
I shall keep you guys posted about my progress. However, what do you fellas think about my current progress?

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-26 at 13428 PM (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-26 at 13428 PM.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4554.jpg

IMG_4555 (1).jpg

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-26 at 13429 PM.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your experience @charles0232 :)

Even though both my parents Indian, as a guy that's lived his entire life in the UK, even I was skeptical and cautious when it came to considering getting an HT in India. Therefore the concerns you mentioned are ones that I can totally relate to. In the end though, I'll be taking the plunge just as you did. 

It's great to hear that you HT went smoothly, and to state the obvious, your results are quite phenomenal even well before the 12-18 month point. The new hairline is superb, and it really suits you.

Just as I told you in person, you look like a new person in comparison to your before photos.

(Yep, I was the soon-to-be patient with the balding crown that you and your wonderful family met when Dr Pradeep came downstairs to the 3rd floor lobby to see you guys!)

I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress in 4-5 months from now. Congrats on your results thus far, and also, congrats in advance for what's sure to be an excellent end result! :D

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. I think you have achieved a great result so far. The hairline looks very natural and suits your shape of face.

How many grafts did you recieve?  Was the beard grafts done on the second day and if so how many and where were on your head were they placed?

Thanks and all the best..

.......Paddy........

• Like 1

18 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Thanks for sharing. I think you have achieved a great result so far. The hairline looks very natural and suits your shape of face.

How many grafts did you recieve?  Was the beard grafts done on the second day and if so how many and where were on your head were they placed?

Thanks and all the best..

.......Paddy........

@paddyirishmanHey mate, I received approx 5700 grafts. Yes it was done on the second day and around 2500 grafts were taken from the beard however it is hard to tell where were they placed.

Thanks for your reply...it looks very natural.

What condition was you face in after the beard grafts were removed and How long did it take to heal properly?  Can you see any small scars there now?

Whats the texture of your beard grafts like compared to your regular doner hair?

Thanks again.

......Paddy......