#2 Hair Transplant discussion

Hey all,

I had a hair transplant in 2015 (2300+ fue) (so long ago already :D) and the results were amazing. I regained full head of hair and my curls. I was also very happy from all the nice reactions i got on this forum.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/43136-2300-fue-23-years-old/

Sadly, i experienced a terrible shed after I switched from liquid (with ppg) to foam (without ppg) minoxidil, and did not recovered from this (i also dropped foligain tabs though - perhaps this also had some effect - but unsure)

Some time went by and although i have a lost a lot of hair, I'm still very happy with the results from the first hair transplant, and i would probably be fully bald on top if it wasn't for this decision. When i use hair fibers it looks really nice.

I have booked a second hair transplant for September, here they are going to extract 3000+ grafts (i have attached some pictures of my current donor, but they said that i have enough - in the future i could even resort to beard grafts should it be necessary). I have attached an image on the current plan on how we are going to use the grafts. Feel free to comment and discuss, I for one are very happy with this plan, as i also don't mind using hair fibers (but i need some hair for em).

The plan is to:

add 20 grafts/cm2 to the area behind the hairline. 

add 25 grafts/cm2 to the midscalp towards to first half of the vertex

add 10 grafts/cm2 to the lower part of the vertex

I'm happy with my hairline (but perhaps i could use a few more in there - this is still something i'm thinking off)

Furthermore, i restarted minoxidil, foligain tabs and added regenepure (1% keto) to my regime.

Happy to hear from you guys.

Donor_1.jpg

Donor_2.jpg

Fue-2015.jpg

Idea.jpg

Long_Hair.jpg

Yeah i'm going for the same clinic. They said around 7000 at the time. But I think it's hard to estimate the real number of grafts left (without proper analysis), and 7000 does seems a bit overkill I think :D. My donor does still looks thick, even when i shave it down to a few mm. So I hope 3000+ does not thin it out too much. 

Edited by morgulsblade
  • Like 1