Dr Feriduni 4740 Grafts and Aftercare

Swill

20 minutes ago, karatekid said:

why dont you let your hair grow?

That was my thought too! Although I think a shorter hair cut suits him as longer hair would accentuate the crown. It is also a testament to how good the work is that he is able to keep really short hair.  

• Like 1

Wow very impressive 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 8:29 AM, watterot said:

That was my thought too! Although I think a shorter hair cut suits him as longer hair would accentuate the crown. It is also a testament to how good the work is that he is able to keep really short hair.  

On 2/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, karatekid said:

I would say the opposite, you can see how impressive the results if the hair is long and styled.  I mean, if you want to keep buzz cut, just go for smp

And yes the crown is a problem anyway.

Watterot hit the nail on the head, I prefer the short cut right now because of the crown, as the hair grows the area I have had the HT on begins to look even better, but the limiting factor is that it really accentuates the baldness in the crown.  I don't really want to be using something like Toppik any more so i'm keeping it short until (life permitting) I have my second HT and a full head of hair.  At that point I will certainly grow it out and experiment 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2020 at 7:18 PM, Swill said:

Watterot hit the nail on the head, I prefer the short cut right now because of the crown, as the hair grows the area I have had the HT on begins to look even better, but the limiting factor is that it really accentuates the baldness in the crown.  I don't really want to be using something like Toppik any more so i'm keeping it short until (life permitting) I have my second HT and a full head of hair.  At that point I will certainly grow it out and experiment 🙂

Update? How are you feeling/looking? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 9:33 AM, TrixGlendevon said:

Update? How are you feeling/looking? 

Feeling and looking good thanks, I feel the density has improved and is looking thicker, I am very happy.

Like with most people, life has been a bit strange with the outbreak so have not got around to taking new pictures yet, but I will look to do so over the next few weeks, and will definitely do so in June for the 1 year mark :)

On 4/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, Wicky said:

Hey just wondering what guard you are cutting your donor area at? 

I am cutting it down to 5mm, and was previously cutting it down to 3mm and did not find the fact I had FUE visible even at that length.  I remember reading something the clinic gave me at the time of procedure recommending I do not go below 3mm.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my procedure so thought this would be the perfect time to provide an update on my final result. The pictures attached were taken yesterday. I have included a close up of the hairline to show where my previous hairline was removed as quite a few have asked regarding this.

I am incredibly happy with the result and am thrilled that I decided to go for it and with my choice of clinic to undertake the procedure. The density is beyond what I would have expected given I do not have the thickest hair naturally.

I have continued to keep my hair short; I still have a sizeable area that is bald at my crown and although I believe the transplanted area looks of greater density as it grows a bit and I much prefer it longer from a ‘front on’ angle, at the moment given the crown area I find that the best look aesthetically for me is to keep it shorter.

I was honest out of the gate that I had the procedure and have received a load of compliments about how natural it looks. Quite a few of my friends that are balding have stated I am their ‘test case’ and they have now started to look into procedures further having been impressed with the result.

As I have stated previously, the clinic have been superb throughout, right up to recently. I was due to fly out to Belgium from the UK to have my 1 year check-up a couple of weeks ago. This is all covered in the cost of the initial procedure and given the thorough detail Dr Feriduni went into on my initial consultation prior to getting the procedure I was keen to get feedback from him on the result and also get an understanding of things going forward should I get a procedure on the crown area to get a full head of hair.

Due to the virus I was unable to travel. Despite Belgium seeming to be in a great place with their response and re-opening… the UK not so much! My flight was cancelled a by the airline and quarantine restrictions have been imposed by the Government upon return to the UK, making travel at that time really difficult. The clinic were incredibly understanding and it was agreed I could re-schedule when things area bit clearer.

Going forward, life allowing I am really keen to get a further procedure at some point and given my experiences to date it will almost certainly be with the Feriduni Clinic.

Quite a few have asked questions and I have had a lot of direct messages… if you have any questions then do not hesitate and I will endeavour to answer, I remember how daunting it can be at the beginning of researching!

Stay safe everyone!

IMG_5740.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

• Like 3

Fantastic result!

Well deserved after this long journey. You must be thrilled. Though decision to proceed or not and if you proceed, how? Actually, I think the short hair suits you well. Crown area is also quite large.

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:45 AM, in2deep said:

Hi op. was the extraction done once only? because I emailed Feriduni in the past and he said it might require 2-3 sessions to fully remove the grafts. Please let me know.

Hi in2deep,

Thank you very much for the comment, I am very happy with the result.

In regard to the extraction, it was also mentioned to myself that the extraction may have to be done more than once.  As I understand it, this is down to the natural growing cycle of the hair and the fact that some of the hairs may be in their dormant stage at the time of the procedure. 

I was fortunate in that it was only needed once, and I was informed that with the minimal hairs that were left I could extract them myself with a tweezer and they would gradually return smaller and disappear.  This has definitely been the case.  Some hair still appears from the hairline although it is much finer and there has been progressively less, and I only notice them up close with a mirror, and I just remove them roughly every couple of weeks.  I imagine this wont be the case for too much longer.

In my experience, and from speaking with others when doing my research, Dr Feriduni is very ethical and honest in his approach and always wants to make you aware of what MAY be the case.  For example, in my consultation he was keen to emphasise to me the limitations and what to expect in my particular instance, as I have naturally finer hair than some of his other clients.  He puts great emphasis on realistic expectations and never goes into a 'sales pitch,' which really appealed to me given past experiences.  Rest assured that if it does't prove necessary for you, he certainly wont tell you a second session is required.

• Administrators

Wow I’m at a loss for words just 👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

How many grafts do they calculate you have left?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 6/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

How many grafts do they calculate you have left?

If I recall correctly, prior to my first procedure with Dr Feriduni I had around 10,000 grafts.  I used 4,740 in my first procedure but as I understand it over a thousand of those were re-used from my old hairline from my poor first procedure. So I still have in well excess of 6,000 I believe.

Dr Feriduni spent a lot of time in the initial consultation calculating the number of grafts and then suggesting the new hairline placement in order to ensure that should I wish to have further procedures then there would be plenty present to give the 'full head of hair' look.  That initial consultation letting me know what to expect and ensuring realistic expectations was invaluable for me.

Hello Swill,

how many Grafts were Removed? How was the density of the removed area?

i am very interested in the Same procedure.

thanks for Sharing your experience, it helps a lot

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, Deak said:

Hello Swill,

how many Grafts were Removed? How was the density of the removed area?

i am very interested in the Same procedure.

thanks for Sharing your experience, it helps a lot

I am not sure how many grafts were removed as I am not entirely sure how many grafts I had in my first procedure.  I was naive and not as clued up when I had my first procedure done back in the early 2000's.  If I recall correctly the Dr managed to re-use near a thousand grafts when combining the old hairline and the scar repair.  If you are interested, I would strongly recommend getting a consultation, Dr Feriduni was meticulous in my experience and was honest regarding expectations etc.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your answer Swill, that really, really gives me hope!!
I already took steps to make contact with Dr Feriduni.

One last question if you don't mind:
The area of your previous transplant looks really great in the pictures. Are there really no traces left from your first procedure? Can people tell the difference in real life?

(I am not used to write in englisch, so I hope I have formulated my question clearly)

once again, thank you for sharing your experience!

Greetings from Germany

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your experience OP. This gives me some hope
I have similar questions like the person above. Are there any scars from the extraction on your forehead? Any pitting?
If people look normally can they see any signs of scars?

Would it be possible for you to share some closeups of the forehead region where repair was done.

Edited by tressful11
  • Like 1

• Administrators

It’s impressive to see how dense it looks with short hair.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 7/10/2020 at 9:27 PM, Deak said:

Thanks for your answer Swill, that really, really gives me hope!!
I already took steps to make contact with Dr Feriduni.

One last question if you don't mind:
The area of your previous transplant looks really great in the pictures. Are there really no traces left from your first procedure? Can people tell the difference in real life?

(I am not used to write in englisch, so I hope I have formulated my question clearly)

once again, thank you for sharing your experience!

Greetings from Germany

To answer yours and tressful11's question, as you can see from the photos there is no noticeable scarring in my opinion, Im pretty amazed by how it turned out in that regard.  If you shine a light on it and look at the forehead at within extremely close range in the mirror, there are a couple of pits but these are really not noticeable and could very easily just be put down to very slight natural imperfection in the skin.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update guys.  I arrived in Belgium today and am undergoing my 2nd procedure with Dr Feriduni tomorrow. 

I will update with a new thread shortly once it is done to document my experience and will put a link in this one... excited to get that full head of hair!