Oil on donor area

ASeda

Just wondering if putting oil on donor area to help healing and redness will work? 

Thinking of coconut oil . 

My hair Transplant was 6 weeks ago. 

Not sure if it is a good idea or not. Any views?

At 6 weeks it’s probably fine but I would ask your surgeon. Like the previous posted said aloe seems to be recommended for skin healing. Personally I don’t use oils because I have an oily scalp already and don’t want clogged pores. Your scalp may be different

• Like 1

I also think this would be fine - but with anything of this nature, it's always best to run it by your doctor first. (Also, speaking of redness - also make sure that you're keeping the donor area out of the sun for the first 6 months.)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 7/3/2019 at 8:14 PM, pkipling said:

I also think this would be fine - but with anything of this nature, it's always best to run it by your doctor first. (Also, speaking of redness - also make sure that you're keeping the donor area out of the sun for the first 6 months.)

Hello, do you mean the recipient? Or is it important to keep the donor out of the sun too?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, jj51702 said:

Hello, do you mean the recipient? Or is it important to keep the donor out of the sun too?

Recipient primarily, as sunburn can damage the grafts... The hair in the donor area will typically grow back rather quickly and serve as a sunblock anyway, but I also chose to keep my entire head covered to be safe. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56