Remove fue donor scabs after 3 days?

I was advised to remove the scabs from my donor area after 3 days to reduce pain. Im at day 5 and most have came off but there are still some remaining, should I try and get rid of these asap? I hadn't heard of this before and I am slightly concerned about scarring. Thanks

Who told you to start removing scabs after 3 days? The Doctor?  Never heard the scabs causing pain.

Most do believe you can not hurt anything after 3 days but there is always some caution and conservatism by the clinics.  It is typically told to patients to wait about 7 days before returning to normalcy.  You can then get in the shower and let everything soak with warm water.  Then start massaging with the tips of your fingers.  Some of the crusts will be persistent but in the ensuing days they'll come off as well.  We are talking, of course, of the recipient area.  As for the donor, you can start massaging gently from day 1.

As far as scarring goes, realize the apertures made are quite small and, when healed, leave such a tiny scar it is virtually undetectable.  As far as the donor, it will depend on the type of procedure.  They all leave scars but it all depends on the instrumentation, graft numbers, etc.

1 hour ago, LaserCap said:

Who told you to start removing scabs after 3 days? The Doctor?  Never heard the scabs causing pain.

Most do believe you can not hurt anything after 3 days but there is always some caution and conservatism by the clinics.  It is typically told to patients to wait about 7 days before returning to normalcy.  You can then get in the shower and let everything soak with warm water.  Then start massaging with the tips of your fingers.  Some of the crusts will be persistent but in the ensuing days they'll come off as well.  We are talking, of course, of the recipient area.  As for the donor, you can start massaging gently from day 1.

As far as scarring goes, realize the apertures made are quite small and, when healed, leave such a tiny scar it is virtually undetectable.  As far as the donor, it will depend on the type of procedure.  They all leave scars but it all depends on the instrumentation, graft numbers, etc.

Yes the Doctor's liaison, it was news to me also. I have used some moisturiser today and wiped my donor with a cloth, seemed to remove a large number but I think I will give the others some time.