Looking good for 4 months brother.

Nice write up. Im sure that many guys will appreciate your documentation. It will hold a lot of value.

Stick with the meds. Im looking forward to following your progress and growth.

Thrilled for you! Enjoy it!

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for BHR Clinic Athens - Greece

ian@drchristianbisanga.com  -  WhatsApp - + 34 642 37 03 83 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

23 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

ahh ok, didn't see that. just got mine FUE done at ASMED 10 days ago.  I started FIN for the first time, on day of surgery, I know it takes like 5 months to kick in.. was just wondering, not looking forward to the shedding/shock loss... was hoping that fin would help prevent that more or less. but I guess not LOL 

Yeh right, aslong as you don't get the side effects from fin you should deff take it, i think it helps retain more hair during the shedding phase and it will of course keep your native hair for longer further down the track and yes for me to notice any difference from fin it did take about 4 months but that will be hard to monitor since your hair will begin growing in then after the htp. The shedding phase is shit but something that helps for it not to last so long before the hair start growing in is using rogaine foam on the transplanted area as it will allow hairs to grow in a month early and then before you know it, the ugly duckling stage will be over. Save some photos for yourself when its in its worst state so you can at the end see how far you have come.

23 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Looking good for 4 months brother.

Nice write up. Im sure that many guys will appreciate your documentation. It will hold a lot of value.

Stick with the meds. Im looking forward to following your progress and growth.

Thrilled for you! Enjoy it!

Thanks for the kind words bruz

On 11/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, zz333 said:

Yeh right, aslong as you don't get the side effects from fin you should deff take it, i think it helps retain more hair during the shedding phase and it will of course keep your native hair for longer further down the track and yes for me to notice any difference from fin it did take about 4 months but that will be hard to monitor since your hair will begin growing in then after the htp. The shedding phase is shit but something that helps for it not to last so long before the hair start growing in is using rogaine foam on the transplanted area as it will allow hairs to grow in a month early and then before you know it, the ugly duckling stage will be over. Save some photos for yourself when its in its worst state so you can at the end see how far you have come.

ok thanks for the tip. when should I start the foam? I'm about 12 days post op.  so far, the hairs are holding strong hhaha 

21 hours ago, therealmvp2016 said:

ok thanks for the tip. when should I start the foam? I'm about 12 days post op.  so far, the hairs are holding strong hhaha 

ASMED recommends 1 month post op

6 and a half months post op update:

First i am going to say at this point i already think it is a success for me personally. All i wanted was to be able to have an appropriate hairline for my age thus allowing me to not have to always wear a hat and be self conscious and allow me to just by myself without stressing about this personal insecurity. My life has changed for the better on all fronts and i am very happy to finally put this dark part of my life behind me and move on.

However, even though by no means is this a complete success on a hair transplants standards but for me personally it is good enough at this stage. But, i cannot help myself and hope that i do still get a great result at the end of the 12 months considering the money i paid etc.

From month 4-5 i did not see much change but in the past month it seems like some of the hairs have matured abit and are thickening up.

It is at this stage i can see where there may be some minor issues in it not being a great result in area’s such as my left and right temple / hairline where there are some density issues and it is see-through and abit pluggy looking so i cannot comb it back instead have to use hair in my temple angles to cover it which with the correct styling it looks fine but hopefully in the coming months i can fill in the same as my frontal hairline has which is thick and dense and allow me to have any hair style i want.

There are further some minor density issues in random sections throughout behind the hairline but i am not worried as i am only just past 6 months.

Also if others can confirm this but i am consistently getting hairs in my hands when i run my hands through it when applying minoxidil or styling it. I understand the hairs are weak and now they will have to grow back but i like can’t avoid it as I’m being as gentle as possible so I'm estimating that because of this some of my hairs are still yet to properly grow in.

Overall, I am stoked with how it looks as 90% of the time i am very happy and the last 10% is when i catch it under harsh lighting with not great styling and it is very obviously thin in the temple corners of the hairline and as said looks abit pluggy looking which overall makes it not look natural. However, this does not worry me as going into this i never expected a head of hair like my 22 year old friends. I understood that it is only an illusion of a full head of hair and its upto me to style it and make it look good and now that is has been 6 months i am able to use fibres and it only takes me 1-2 minutes in the morning to put some behind the hairline and it looks great. Only thing i am struggling with is swimming and when my hair is wet it looks notably thin in the transplanted area aswell as in my donor my scalp showing through but as i said overall very happy and i finally have full head of hair  😁

Here are a bunch of photo's taken today of all angles, i tried to show the minor issues in the corner's of the hairline but my iPhone 6 camera quality isn't good enough to show it.

IMG_0247.thumb.JPG.d815628365948c4ad05187f6f9ca1d9b.JPGAttachment-1.jpeg.0e281afaf967d7a926f89574ea912b5b.jpegIMG_0232.thumb.JPG.5cacaccef473b0f8f6206553723f9016.JPGIMG_0231.thumb.JPG.914a6aae3b2662c5c3e3a66ef697928e.JPGIMG_0230.thumb.JPG.355123f7470fcdd0ce44fb85ad80e7db.JPGIMG_0233.thumb.JPG.f6a5b73ef9afdd374cac52cef4f5bf8b.JPGIMG_0239.thumb.JPG.19ec82cb6853f6ea373dce0d5349eff5.JPG

IMG_0242.thumb.JPG.1685bbf230d6d93d58330ef1784508bd.JPG

IMG_0243.thumb.JPG.ad91d584d9d19ffa4995c7b8adf1b979.JPGIMG_0244.thumb.JPG.5625de638673a4222f5ad9159c62097b.JPGIMG_0245.thumb.JPG.ee25c9a71c69c969bf158bfaf0a6b856.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

Edited by zz333

Also, here is a photo of my donor area when my hair is wet, when it is dry it looks fine but when wet personally i think it looks very thin with my scalp showing and i do not blame ASMED for over harvesting i think it is just my hair characteristics being thin and this has got me thinking of my future hair transplants as i don’t want to take to much more from there as it will only worsen, next i will use a mix of neck hair and donor or something. Also have been considering getting smp (scalp tattoo) in my donor which I’m hoping would fix this problem and not make my scalp so noticeable. If anyone has any experience or opinion on smp in your donor please do let me know.

Attachment-2.jpeg.6a8445ca9344e7cbcf2e0ba9643e3dd1.jpeg

Looking good man 👍🏼

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

10 months!!

I believe I'm at my final result here but i will wait until the 12 month mark to do a proper photo of all angels and the big comparison photo of how far i have come which is a very very far.

So not a lot of progress, not much change at all since the 6 month mark besides hairs maturing and feeling like real hairs now. I was a fast grower for sure and had most of my growing done by month 5 which was great as it never made it noticeable that i had this procedure done and still to this day not a single person has questioned that my hair looks different, instead only commented that i look so much better and they don't know why 😂😂. Again and still overall i am very happy with my result and what this procedure has done for my confidence and myself. My life has improved on all fronts since getting it done. However, it is so easy to go comparing your result to others and there will always be people with better results which is something i have been trying not to do.

Soo on my scale i am happy which is all that matters but on a normal hair transplants scale the result is probably average to slightly above average. It is good enough for my first hair transplant. However, i will need another one to make it great. With this one i have been given the foundation to have a almost perfect head of hair (when its dry) using fibres and correct styling. Next i need to try add some more density behind the hairline in some parts and make the density on the sides of my hairline stronger as it is see-through at some parts.

Coverage behind the hairline is great, considering i had a large area done and it all grew in well and there are no thin spots but as stated the only issue is the frontal hairline which is the most important aspect.

During quarentine i buzzed my hair down to a number 1 in my donor to get photos of how that grew back and its not great but not horrible but i do need to now be very careful with my next procedure in who i choose and how many grafts i take from there as i will probably only get 1 more medium sized procedure. 

Next time i will add 500-750ish grafts to the frontal hairline and for the rest of my hair when it recedes (crown etc, if and when it does) i have a thick thick neck / beard hair and a lot of it I'm estimating over 1000 grafts and i will do a mixture of donor and neck beard hair aswell as SMP when i find the right clinic and when I'm ready.

Here are some photos (none are with fibres or concealers), before seeing the hairline under harsh lighting with a high quality camera i thought it was a great result buuuut yeah it is clear density is lacking.

Donor:

image2.thumb.jpeg.210f7ae7eae60c95730bbf311e810eea.jpegimage3.thumb.jpeg.732bf6848cb5c9e5ed1726e61fd28bd0.jpegimage4.thumb.jpeg.601512f0170e0ec52bc6e873786bc5c2.jpeg

image1.jpeg.1952d66e252b92cad370c3ec6fe30309.jpeg

Photos with it styled and how i wear it (under harsh lighting)
image6.thumb.jpeg.76b6b651f9ca05c4fc8e52e52b0290e1.jpegimage7.thumb.jpeg.55e37add48274254b478b4661711a146.jpegimage8.thumb.jpeg.c9fd7bd111ab0bcda1daefb806707052.jpeg

photos with it swept back to show density issues
image9.thumb.jpeg.43413c49e1d4184d4cffa75b566573b7.jpegimage10.thumb.jpeg.6ff7ae17b60014ecd7e2d6f149b9d544.jpeg

And photos under normal lighting which is what i see it in and it looks great i think 😁

image14.thumb.jpeg.97664f9e4e991b3ede2cdc36638e020d.jpegimage13.thumb.jpeg.14ca5ed73b4df9a45949f13e6217569f.jpegimage11.thumb.jpeg.ab54791a0bc500b4435c53d7509aa234.jpegimage12.thumb.jpeg.c41a92d440ce6bbfb5ee208141e9da74.jpeg

image5.jpeg

Looks good man, and totally agree with your comments regarding realistic expectations and not comparing your results to others as everyone is different, and yeah I agree definitely think carefully on another HT as your donor area now looks less dense in all honesty, not terrible just not as optimal.

• Like 1

Considering where you started I think it’s a good result, but yea to get true density you’ll need another. I’m curious to know why you chose FUE, given that you had long rock star hair before that could’ve easily concealed a strip scar.

• Like 1

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Congrats on a good result. Looking at the hairstyle you rocked in your before pic sends you up from a 1 to a 10. :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Considering where you started I think it’s a good result, but yea to get true density you’ll need another. I’m curious to know why you chose FUE, given that you had long rock star hair before that could’ve easily concealed a strip scar.

Yeh bro when i post the comparison photo from start to Finnish at 12 months it is insane in particular how much lower my hairline is than before. Truth is i almost only had the long hair to cover my receded temple points but always wanted to have it short. 

4 minutes ago, zz333 said:

Yeh bro when i post the comparison photo from start to Finnish at 12 months it is insane in particular how much lower my hairline is than before. Truth is i almost only had the long hair to cover my receded temple points but always wanted to have it short. 

Ahh that totally makes sense, now you can sport that fresh modern hair style, looks good on you 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BjornBorg said:

Congrats on a good result. Looking at the hairstyle you rocked in your before pic sends you up from a 1 to a 10. :D

Hahahhaha thank you brotha.

15 hours ago, jonnyalex said:

I don't see any need for SMP whatsoever!

Yeah not yet, this was planning for the future to use it in conjunction with a my next transplant for the crown area if and when it recedes.