Is my crown thinning or am I just paranoid?

Kevbones

I feel like my crown is thinning, Im 17 so I know it's unlikely and I'm probably paranoid, but I would like some input from people who know what they're talking about. I also know that this could just be temporary thinning, but I'm not sure.

20190701_193021.jpg

• Administrators

🤔 looks like it’s normal, but I would definitely keep an eye out for a few years. If you notice the whirl expanding get on fin and min asap.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

All right, this does bring up a point.  So, you have a full set of hair, enjoying your youth, The whirl bothers you and you have tons of donor. I typically do not suggest patients this but, if you are experiencing no loss and this bothers you, why not fill it in?  Have a consultation with a doctor and see what their suggestion is.  100 grafts? 

Is this really bothering you?

Unfortunately we can not see if there is miniaturized hair.  If so, meds is the way to go for now.

Your crown looks great to me , you have tons of hair there, and is nothing at all to be concerned about. In addition to having a great head of hair you have plenty of years on your side so for now my advice would be to concentrate on more enjoyable things in your youth.

Be very very careful in the future if it ever comes a time you consider medication for hair loss as there can be pros and many cons. Speak to a doctor and have your health assessed and make sure to put your health as your no.1 priority in all aspects. Remember hair isn't everything, but your overall long term health is at the end of the day.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT A PROBLEM THAT DOSENT EXIST 😃

...........All the best.......

.............Paddy.......

• Like 1

A relative of mine had a small bald spot like this and went to see a dermatologist.  The dermatologist prescribed a topical steroid and the hair grew back.  The spot was caused by some type of auto-immune reaction.

Well if you are referring to the picture and labelling 

2 hours ago, Curious said:

A relative of mine had a small bald spot like this and went to see a dermatologist.  The dermatologist prescribed a topical steroid and the hair grew back.  The spot was caused by some type of auto-immune reaction.

Well if you are referring to the picture above as a bald spot , I must definately go and get my eyes checked out I didnt realise a bald spot fell into this miniscule category.  Sorry to all forum members and most importantly Kevbones for my very poor eyesight and observation..

......Paddy....

The relative who had a bald spot that was similar to this was eight years old.  I have no idea whether what's depicted in the photo is normal or alopecia areata, but if it gets bigger, go see a dermatologist and have it examined.