FUT and aerobic/cardio exercise.

Hey all,

I know this topic has been covered a bit concerning weight training/strength exercises, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience, or knowledge regarding cardio?

I'm pretty active, and was considering a small FUT procedure, but it would be during a holiday overseas in which I planned on doing a fair bit of hiking. Just day hikes and such, so no heavy gear.

Would this be an issue a couple of weeks after surgery? For either the donor area, or the transplanted follicles? 

Thanks heaps everyone :) 

Typically you can return back to normal after 7 days, no restrictions.  The concern, however, is the fact that you will be carrying gear.  I get it, not heavy.  But, when you hike a lot of forces come into play.  Even light gear will pull. Why risk it?  Go on your hike...enjoy...and do the procedure at a later time when you have nothing going on.  And overseas?  I would wait.

The other concern is "small FUT"  What you are doing? How many grafts? 

13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Typically you can return back to normal after 7 days, no restrictions.  The concern, however, is the fact that you will be carrying gear.  I get it, not heavy.  But, when you hike a lot of forces come into play.  Even light gear will pull. Why risk it?  Go on your hike...enjoy...and do the procedure at a later time when you have nothing going on.  And overseas?  I would wait.

The other concern is "small FUT"  What you are doing? How many grafts? 

Hi Laser :)

Good point. I mean, the trip has been planned for a while, and it just so happens to be in the same country as H&W, haha. So it seemed like a good time.

I am probably looking around 2,000 - or so (maybe a little less, or a little more). It's just a frontal fix to amend receding temples in what is probably a NW3 case. I'm also 28 years old.

H&W did say I could do FUE, easily - but my family history is high norwoods, and I've heard it's best to start with FUT

Edited by Greg_Swanson

If you do FUE, the hike will not cause any issues.  It will if you do FUT.  Why not wait?  Go on your trip.  Remember. you can always take memories with you.  Travel as much as you can.  Can't take hair.

IMHO you would be fine but like others have said, talk to your surgeon first and follow their advice.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY