Dr. B Farjo - 2463 grafts over two procedures (FUT)

These are the amended details of this case as original details/graft numbers were incorrect:

This patient came to us in 2007 and had a relatively small procedure of 1367 grafts to the front by FUT as he wanted to improve things but did not want a dramatic change. He was on Finasteride and felt that the front was fairly stable but was not sure about the crown. Ten years later we can see how things had improved both with the surgery and the meds. 

Last year he revisited us and wanted to improve things further. We were happy to do this as he is now in his fifties with stable loss, and he had a further small procedure of 1096 grafts. The second set were taken 8 months after procedure no.2.

2.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

DSC02716b.jpg

DSC02722f.jpg

DSC02724h.jpg

DSC02745o.jpg

Copy of DSC05785a.jpg

Copy of DSC05786b.jpg

Copy of DSC05789e.jpg

Copy of DSC05791g.jpg

DSC05792h.jpg

Edited by Pete-from-Farjo

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Unfortunately some of the pics I received for this case I was unable to open.  I wanted to post what I had for now. I've emailed Mick at the clinic and he's going to send me some more pics which I'll add in the next few days. 

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

1 hour ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

Unfortunately some of the pics I received for this case I was unable to open.  I wanted to post what I had for now. I've emailed Mick at the clinic and he's going to send me some more pics which I'll add in the next few days. 

So what are we looking at? Pics after the first procedure or the pics after the two procedures? 

I've now amended the details of this case and the topic title as the original details weren't correct.

So it was 2.5k grafts not 3.5 k grafts? I thought it didn’t look like 3.5k

one question though, why were 2 ops needed for 2.5k? How was it split? 1200 per op? Any reason why such a small number per surgery? 2.5k wouldn’t even be considered a mega season these days 

1 hour ago, Aftermath said:

So it was 2.5k grafts not 3.5 k grafts? I thought it didn’t look like 3.5k

one question though, why were 2 ops needed for 2.5k? How was it split? 1200 per op? Any reason why such a small number per surgery? 2.5k wouldn’t even be considered a mega season these days 

I've detailed the graft breakdown in the opening post. The first procedure was 1367 grafts and the second was 1096 grafts. 

As explained, the first op was in 2007. The patient was in his forties and was just looking to re-establish the hairline. The second procedure was simply to tweak things a bit, and I think the final pic shows that he now has a natural looking, age-appropriate hairline.

44 minutes ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

I've detailed the graft breakdown in the opening post. The first procedure was 1367 grafts and the second was 1096 grafts. 

As explained, the first op was in 2007. The patient was in his forties and was just looking to re-establish the hairline. The second procedure was simply to tweak things a bit, and I think the final pic shows that he now has a natural looking, age-appropriate hairline.

My bad, I found the whole thing confusing tbh, partial pics, wrong graft count etc. but yeah it looks natural, the only reason I questioned it was that it didn’t look dense for 3500 grafts, looks about right for 2500 though 

2 hours ago, Aftermath said:

My bad, I found the whole thing confusing tbh, partial pics, wrong graft count etc. but yeah it looks natural, the only reason I questioned it was that it didn’t look dense for 3500 grafts, looks about right for 2500 though 

No probs. Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks for the update Pete .

The first procedure was FUT for the hairline ,  Was the second one FUE ?

Was anything done for the crown ?

Thanks again Pete and I look forward to the upcoming updated picture.

...........Paddy........

16 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Thanks for the update Pete .

The first procedure was FUT for the hairline ,  Was the second one FUE ?

Was anything done for the crown ?

Thanks again Pete and I look forward to the upcoming updated picture.

...........Paddy........

Hi Paddy,

I added the new pics yesterday. He hasn't had any crown work done so far as the meds have stabilised things there. Both procedures were FUT. As he already had the scar from the first procedure, a second strip procedure was done. He should have plenty of donor available via FUE in the future if he decides on any further work.

11 minutes ago, Pete-from-Farjo said:

Hi Paddy,

I added the new pics yesterday. He hasn't had any crown work done so far as the meds have stabilised things there. Both procedures were FUT. As he already had the scar from the first procedure, a second strip procedure was done. He should have plenty of donor available via FUE in the future if he decides on any further work.

I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way Pete, you seem like a really good guy from your posts, but I’ve always wondered why we never really see much in the way of densely packed results from Farjo? He’s widely considered one of the top guys in the UK and his prices reflect that. I myself had my first op with Farjo and I just felt personally that they took me from bald to balding, when I enquired about a second procedure to add density (in person)  I was pretty much given a flat no, dr Farjo said that I wasn’t a suitable case and asked mick to show me how to use hair fibres instead. Now Farjo and mick were both nice enough, I was treated well and other than the fact I had no real density or styling options I didn’t have any other complaints, (my procedure was 2k grafts on the frontal third via FUT) but I’ve kept my eye on results since and I can’t really remember seeing any dense packed results, what’s the reasoning behind this? Is it merely just a conservative approach? Again I apologise if it sounds like I’m having a go as that’s not my intention, I’m just curious the reasoning behind this? Or maybe I’ve just missed the densely packed results you’ve posted? If so then my apologies, in that instance can you direct me to these so I can take a look? Also if you’d like I can post/send you my year post op pics so you can see my Farjo results. Thanks