chiadude

2000 Grafts FUT - Dr. Diep - June 2019

3 hours ago, shookwon33 said:

Looks good @chiadude. I forgot to ask, did you get just Acell or both acell and amniofill ?

Just the A-cell. Hope it makes a difference haha

1 minute ago, chiadude said:

Just the A-cell. Hope it makes a difference haha

Hopefully lol. Also are you on any meds to supplement your hair transplant?

On 7/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, shookwon33 said:

Shouldn't you not buzz the recipient area at all for least like 2-3 months post op? I hear it could potentially damage the follicle by pulling

The first 72 hours are the most crucial in terms of making sure the grafts are securely anchored. After that time, the risk of them dislodging decreases dramatically, and continues to do so day by day, leaving them completely secure by Day 10. This is based on a study by Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Rassman. 

That said, when I mentioned I buzzed mine, I simply - and very carefully - buzzed around the recipient area so that the hairs were uniform and would all grow in evenly. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014

Posted (edited)

I noticed everyone that gets a FUT from Dr. Diep, including me had that band of abrasion across our foreheads. Is that some kind of retraint he puts on us to hold us still while he does the FUT..? I've always been curious about that, but didn't think to ask them.

Edited by SWdan

Just over a month post-op.

A lot of the transplanted hairs seem to have fallen out by now. 

And now I wait...

IMG_20190729_093312.thumb.jpg.7933f096f167a98424cb254016f34044.jpg

how did you minimize the red? it seemed to ware off quick. 

I am having FUT with Dr. Diep in a few weeks and have been offered three options about which I will appreciate any feedback. These options are:
1. Injection of high dose corticosteroid to reduce swelling

2. ACell injection

3. Amniofill

My hunch is that Amniofill is for FUE donor area and perhaps irrelaevant. I have gotten corticosteroid shots a number of times for poison oak and seasonal allergies. They were always effective and caused no problems. I am not sure about the ACell. I have an area of thinning that still produces long hair that light can shine through and I am thinking that he may suggest ACELL there in lieu of graft. 

Again, all comments are welcome. 

4 hours ago, JohnTinsley said:

I am having FUT with Dr. Diep in a few weeks and have been offered three options about which I will appreciate any feedback. These options are:
1. Injection of high dose corticosteroid to reduce swelling

2. ACell injection

3. Amniofill

My hunch is that Amniofill is for FUE donor area and perhaps irrelaevant. I have gotten corticosteroid shots a number of times for poison oak and seasonal allergies. They were always effective and caused no problems. I am not sure about the ACell. I have an area of thinning that still produces long hair that light can shine through and I am thinking that he may suggest ACELL there in lieu of graft. 

Again, all comments are welcome. 

My thinking is if you’re already paying so much for the HT with Diep why not pay a tiny bit more to potentially optimize results? I had my FUE with Diep 2 months ago and had amnio and aCell added for $1000

Thanks for your input. The issue for me is not the money. I tend to be leery of new medications as it seems like frequently we learn later on about negative effects. Did you get an injection to reduce swelling? I am inclined to get that. 

No injection for swelling, seems pointless to me. Just got the a-cell and amnio fill.

11 hours ago, JohnTinsley said:

Thanks for your input. The issue for me is not the money. I tend to be leery of new medications as it seems like frequently we learn later on about negative effects. Did you get an injection to reduce swelling? I am inclined to get that. 

I didn't opt for the A-Cell. Dr. Diep gave me an injection in each shoulder for swelling, no extra cost. I had swelling roll down my temples, but it really wasn't too bad. I took the pills they gave me for swelling also.  Gone in 4 or 5 days. 

Hey, thank for the info. Do you know what the anti-swelling medication was? They listed degeneration of the hip joint as a possible side effect so I assumed that the shot is given in the glute. 

15 hours ago, SWdan said:

I didn't opt for the A-Cell. Dr. Diep gave me an injection in each shoulder for swelling, no extra cost. I had swelling roll down my temples, but it really wasn't too bad. I took the pills they gave me for swelling also.  Gone in 4 or 5 days. 

Wow that was a nice of him. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.