I felt compelled to help out those who may be as nervous as I was about moving forward with a ht. I didn’t want anyone to know and was very concerned about even the shedding post op. I am thrilled to say that the procedure was incredibly smooth and unnoticeable. Thankfully I haven’t experienced very much if any shedding and have been going about my business regularly. Now I’m just waiting excitingly for growth.

Neither the donor area or recipient area was shaven.  The doctor did however trim the donor area a bit but it was unnoticeable.  As for pics, I unfortunately want to be super discrete about this (hence the message in the first place) and am not comfortable sharing pics.  All I can tell you with conviction is that my hair looks almost exactly as it did before the surgery and has looked that way since a week out. 

Do you mind posting some pics?

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:04 PM, HopefulNewyorker said:

I felt compelled to help out those who may be as nervous as I was about moving forward with a ht. I didn’t want anyone to know and was very concerned about even the shedding post op. I am thrilled to say that the procedure was incredibly smooth and unnoticeable. Thankfully I haven’t experienced very much if any shedding and have been going about my business regularly. Now I’m just waiting excitingly for growth.

I believe I spoke to you on the phone in August last year.  Nice to hear you went through with it!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

500 FUE grafts (TBC) with Ray Konior, MD - 2020

My HT results thread from 1st procedure.

3 hours ago, 1978matt said:

I believe I spoke to you on the phone in August last year.  Nice to hear you went through with it!

Would love to see some updates Matt, you're coming up on a year right?

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Hey, not sure if it's you but ...  did you happen to stop an ugly Australian guy walking outside Pete's fresh market with an "interesting" hairstyle and offer him a ride to Dr K's office? If so hi! From what I could tell your hair looked amazing.

20 hours ago, HopefulNewyorker said:

Yes Matt we did speak on the phone. Thanks for giving me great advice!  Phil - sorry but that wasn’t me 😂

Haha my bad. Well whoever that guy was .. thanks again for offering me that lift. And HopefulNY here's hoping your HT will give you killer results!