I hate my over harvested donor area, I want to kill myself

39 minutes ago, gillenator said:

DRT is an acronym for Donor Replacement Therapy (technique).

And the words therapy/technique imply that replacing your donor hair can be in combination with a variety of donor sources from the body including beard donor.

Yes the texture is usually different from scalp hair yet we have to be mindful that this is a repair situation with limited resources, meaning, the goal is improvement as much as possible using the available resources that you currently have. 

Combining the best SMP with BH are really the only viable options but best to get multiple opinions from surgeons who have performed multiple repair cases.

So is the body hair implanted directly into the fue scars? Don’t grafts have a low yield into scar tissue?

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:37 PM, jj51702 said:

So is the body hair implanted directly into the fue scars? Don’t grafts have a low yield into scar tissue?

Yes, the BH is implanted directly into the FUE scar and yes it can be more difficult for regrowth through scar tissue because scar tissue is usually more condensed/compact and usually without blood flow.  This is why beard grafts can be a better alternative for scar tissue because beard hair is usually more coarse than scalp hair or other BH such as chest hair.

Sometimes the hair is also implanted on the edge perimeter of the scar where there is blood flow and can help to disguise the scar tissue.

Regrowth results in scar tissue varies a lot between patients and really takes an in person exam and evaluation by surgeons with experience in multiple cases of grafting scar tissue.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 7/4/2019 at 3:34 PM, jonyny said:

if you tried SMP and you are happy with smp  then you can try MarkWeston his smp is permanent. one sesion

permanent? Doesn't all INK fade over time ?