POLL: For users who are taking or have taken Finasteride...

POLL: For users who are taking or have taken Finasteride...  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
On 6/30/2019 at 7:01 PM, pkipling said:

Option that isn't included: "Some minor side effects that lead me to discontinue the medication. Sides did not persist."

Same here. I was going to point out the same thing. I didn't take the poll because I didn't fit into one of the options. For me I felt the side effects were beginning to get worse as I got older while it was also losing its effectiveness (my hair was falling out even while taking it). I also don't take any other meds and did not like being on medication long term. I ditched it about 10 years ago.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

17 hours ago, yesplease said:

IMO, the incidence of side effects from finasteride is likely higher than what is reported by the existing studies that are used to endorse the drug. A similar poll was put up here in the recent past with similar results to your current poll (ie much higher incidence of reported sides than literature suggests) and a similar discussion ensued. 

Can you find that poll please? Thanks for your insights by the way.

Does anyone here think most of the votes from here and on Reddit were taking just 1mg per day? How many do you think were taking just 0.5mg or even 5mg per day?

I'm worried that might have a big impact on the accuracy of the poll.

Here's an update on the Reddit poll. I expect I'll get no more entrants from this point as the topic's gone off the page:

LnX47Xk.png

Edited by hair4tomo

Been taking low dose finasteride since 1998 and has worked well for me all these years.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:55 PM, yesplease said:

What dose have you used?

approximately 1 mg every other day.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY