Which treatments act as a "pause mode" for hair loss?

I've learnt that when using Regaine/Rogaine (minoxidil), that if you have success (or merely no change in hair loss, which is sort of success), but then if you go off it, your hair loss shortly afterwards will have been as if you never took Rogaine in the first place. In other words, worse than when you first started (even after shedding recovery). This seems a shame - I was hoping that it would act as a "pause mode" where your hair cells stop deteriorating whilst you're on it. Can someone confirm this?

Attached here is a picture which neatly illustrates what I'm trying to say. I'm hoping for Loss Pattern A, but I expect that Regaine would cause Loss Pattern B if I stopped taking it:

hairloss.png

I was wondering if other treatments were like this too, or if they acted as more of a true "Pause" function (Pattern A in picture). For example, does dutasteride (Avodart), finasteride (Propecia and Proscar) also act like this whereby halting treatment means a gradual natural steady loss FROM the point of any regrowth obtained (Pattern A)? How about using a derma pen/roller to microneedle the scalp? Or how about shampoo like this which contains DHT blocking chemicals?

I want a "pause function" for the next few months/years, whilst I consider hair transplant treatment further down the line.

Edited by hair4tomo