Thinking of going to dr. Bloxham for ht

I have been corresponding with dr bloxham by email. I was surprised with how fast I got responses from him. Great guy and i am very appreciative that he took the time to reply. Through email, we agreed on 1500 grafts using mfue I believe it is called. So instead of having a huge fut strip scar, I'd have 4 to 6 small 2 cm donor areas in different spots in my head. I am just curious to hear from others who have chosen dr. Bloxham before I book a appt. I started losing my hair since my mid 20s. Started using minoxidil at 26 and finasteride at 32. I am 41 now with pretty much only hairline issues. Just wanted to make this post and hear from others who have had this procedure done or who have used dr. Bloxham. He is my top choice to do this now that feller seems to no longer do it. He did a ht on a guy I met who had it done 10 years ago and it turned out very well. Anyways..hope to hear responses so I can book the appt. I dont think I ever had to make a harder decision in my life. It is a lot if money and scars can prevent a shaved head if I am one of the unlucky ones who doesnt have a result.

He is definitely great in everything I see and have read about him.i just would like further feedback as I know he is very active here and might have clients that post. I have been lurking off and on  for years but this is the first time I am having issues concealing my hairline with dermmatch. It's time for a ht for sure. Just nervous. It is a life changing thing to put scars on your head to hopefully get a positive outcome. 

he's been a part of this community as far back as I can remember, maybe when he was in medical school and certainly before he agreed to join forces with Dr. Feller - Dr. Feller, who I highly respect, called him a hair "nerd", which is to say the man knows his stuff - 

• 1 month later...

Let us know how it goes. He's a great guy. Very nice, prompt at replying, and knows what he's talking about. I would highly recommend him

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

He’s legit as it gets good guy too

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr Bloxham strange to say has a very good chance of becoming an anachronism in that most young Docs are going down the FUE route, along with tech clinics which are popping up all over the place. The old FUT guard  are of an age where retirement is imminent for a lot of them. He has been trained by a well respected Doctor and he certainly is passionate about his craft. I would imagine things can only get better for him as soon there will only be a handful of Docs who can perform FUT successfully, and I think their services will always be in demand  because for high NW's  FUT is still the way to go.  

I have seen nice FUT results from Bloxham and see him as a great option. Even though I have disagreed about FUE with him quite some time 😉

However, I have not seen enough mFUE (or Mini-Strips) procedures to be able to recommend this. Actually, I thought this method is still in the experimenting phase. Just my point of view: I would not risk my head for an experiment and especially not pay for it. 

P.S. That Feller "retired" like you claim is news to me.