Hello everyone, My name is Matt and i am new to this forum. 

I've been losing hair for 4 years and i decided to go something about it, so i decided to go to turkey in order to do the surgery, however I literally have no idea about this industry. I made some research online but i was hoping to get some valuable feedback from the people that are quite involved in Hair Transplant. So, i got few questions and i hope that you would help me out understand those points.

I am interested in FUE technology for the surgery 

1) What's the most important step of the surgery (incisions, extraction, or implementation) ? 

Because as i contact several clinic each one of them provide a different package. Some of them mentioned that the doctor would do the incision and the transplant while others mentioned other          packages. So i want to know which is important and should be preformed by the doctor ?

2) Which one is more efficient Micro motor FUE or Manual FUE ? And which one does the minimum amount of recognisable scars 

3) I contacted several doctors in turkey and would really appreciate it if you can provide me with some review or feedback on the ones that you know or had a previous experience with.

A) Dr Aslan Musbeh which suggested 2800-3300 grafts.

B) Dr Erkan Demisoy which suggested 3500-4000 grafts.

C) Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu which sounded really impressive and knowledgeable which suggested 3600 grafts.

D) Dr Resul Yaman which also sounded impressive with the tool that he invented which suggested 3700 grafts.

E) Dr Ali Karadeniz which suggested 5000 grafts however he would only be doing the incision only and supervising the rest. 

4) What should i consider when picking one of the well reputed doctors that are mentioned above ?

Lastly, Appreciate you reading this thread and providing the help ^_^

• 4 months later...

Its funny no one ever gives feeback on these posts as i have found out through asking similar questions. My view would be a good doctor should do the majority of the work and placing the grafts. Its important that the extraction is carfeully done as the grafts can be damaged if not taken out properly, would you be confident in a technician doing that? I have come accross some of the doctors you mention, my view would be to arrange a flight to instanbul visit these clinics first to get  first hand experince, have your questions ready and see which one fits best. You can always come back for the treatment once you are ready, flights are reatively cheap as is the accomodation.

You can share your experience here and hopefully it works out for you. Perhaps you have had your treatment now?

Edited by Highlander99

The step that is most important in terms of doctor input is the incisions. Technicians extracting and implanting is fine. Though results will tend to be better the more work the doc does him-/herself, the marginal difference is small. Do make sure to get in writing the resume and experience of the technicians that will be working on you, especially the one doing the extractions (the lead hand)

You really need to trust me on this: do not go to any doctor that uses any form of micromotor FUE! Motorized extraction tools subject the grafts to a lot more damage than manual ones and will drastically reduce your expected yield and I strongly suspect it also impacts the aesthetic quality of the hair that is implanted. Many micromotor users will deny this and they are all either lying or deluded. There is no benefit to the patient in using these tools, it only serves as a way for the doc and his lead hand to make the work less stressful and for more grafts to be extracted in shorter time (meaning more $$$ per procedure). You should only consider doctors that use manual FUE exclusively. This will rule out Yaman on your list.

Incisions should be done using custom blades. Ask the clinic what they use. If they do not use custom blades then that rules them out.

In general, do not trust doctors that market their use of fancy (especially self-developed) tools. Often, tools are a way for the doc to make money on the side. You don't want to be a test bunny for something that's unfinished. 

If you are not constrained on time and budget, you want to go to a clinic that does only one procedure a day, and splits larger procedures into multi-day ones.

Otherwise, make sure to google recent results (meaning procedures carried out this time of year in 2018) and see whether growth, design et.c. matches your expectations. If there are no recent results to be found, or notably poor ones, then I strongly suggest you do not take the risk, even if the doc has a generous refund policy. You do not want to get stuck with a poor transplant result.

These hints should rule out at least some of the docs on your list. Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1