Bumps where hair grows out of follicle?

My DH is almost 6 months. The skin around the follicle isn’t flat, it’s raised around where the hair emerges. They are not infected or red, just not flat. Does anyone else experience this, and if so, when does it settle down? 

Yes, its common to see this during first few months after HT. They say its a good sign especially proving that inflammation is happening deep into your scalp as hair is actually pushed hard to " break the wall" from beneath the surface of your skin and come out. 

are you using heavy minoxidil dose twice daily, rubbing nicely into your scalp for past 6 months ?

kindly post pics also for better clarity 

Thank you!  My DH is very private, so I won’t post pictures. He doesn’t use minoxidil, but he uses finesteride.  Never heard to massage the area. It’s good to know this is to be expected and not to be concerned. Thanks!

Hi,

under certain light I can also see those little bumps you are describing and I am 9month post op. My doctor said "It is simply growing hair". Next time I see him, I will ask him how long this might last. I think it also called "chicken skin", but we are probably talking about a less drastic form

Without pics it’s difficult to say. Ur husband is private but u cannot post close up pics of his scalp which would not show his face or identity in any way?

it could be several things. Cobblestoning is one possibility if the bumps are severe enough. Without pics it’s difficult to say. What was his surgeons input?