2352 Grafts Dense Packing - Dr Kaan Pekiner 20/06/19

lift24

4 hours ago, lift24 said:

Hey mate, I'd been on finasteride for a few years and I thought that perhaps it wasn't as effective as it once was, brought this up with my dermatologist and she said I could try a Finasteride +  Low Dose Dutasteride therapy, haven't noticed any side effects before or after starting.

The only evidence I could find of this treatment being used elsewhere is in this paper (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22686691).

Thanks I will look into it! 

• 4 weeks later...

how did you find the whole process?, also how red is the recipient area in real life? is it noticeable like on pictures or hard to spot?

im thinking of either pekiner or kesser this year to have mine done too

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, lift24 said:

Day 25:

Unfortunately shedding started just after the 3 week mark, it has been pretty constant since then and I'm hoping it slows down soon. Although I read about how the majority of people shed the transplanted hairs, I like everyone else was hoping I was one the lucky ones who didn't!

Attached both transplant and donor pics below. 

day25back1 - Copy.JPG

day25back2 - Copy.JPG

day25front - Copy.JPG

day25front2 - Copy.JPG

any update?

• Administrators

Yea I’d love to see some updates as well.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi,  I've been meaning to give an update just been a real busy time moving jobs/house! 

The picture attached is at 2 months and 1 week, I feel like I might be slightly lagging behind people at the same point in time but I'm keen to hear what you guys think. I've been told this month and the next the growth should start to accelerate. 

Also sometimes I notice dead skin in my recipient area and when I rub it (gently) away in the shower a hair or two may go with it. Has anyone else experienced this? Currently wash my hair 3 times a week if that info helps. 

hair 2 month - Copy.jpg

6 hours ago, lift24 said:

Hi,  I've been meaning to give an update just been a real busy time moving jobs/house! 

The picture attached is at 2 months and 1 week, I feel like I might be slightly lagging behind people at the same point in time but I'm keen to hear what you guys think. I've been told this month and the next the growth should start to accelerate. 

Also sometimes I notice dead skin in my recipient area and when I rub it (gently) away in the shower a hair or two may go with it. Has anyone else experienced this? Currently wash my hair 3 times a week if that info helps. 

hair 2 month - Copy.jpg

Looks like things are about to pick up I think is gonna be a homerun 

Looks very nice, but want to ask you something, hope it's not a problem. Are the hairs on your neck from the oral Minoxidil? I plan to start regimen with fin and something more, and the oral minoxidil is not a bad idea, but I am worried I will get to much hair on the rest of my body.

Edited by Lyubo93

On 9/1/2019 at 9:44 PM, Lyubo93 said:

Looks very nice, but want to ask you something, hope it's not a problem. Are the hairs on your neck from the oral Minoxidil? I plan to start regimen with fin and something more, and the oral minoxidil is not a bad idea, but I am worried I will get to much hair on the rest of my body.

Hi, 

The oral minoxidil definitely led to more body hair, but I was always a pretty hairy guy (except for my head of course ;)). I'd say the difference is noticeable but not insane. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, lift24 said:

hair 2 month - Copy.jpg

Any updates mate?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the slow updates. This pic is just after 3 months, feels like my progress is a bit slower compared to others around the same time frame. Please give me your thoughts, thanks!

IMG_0312.jpg

Seems pretty normal and start expecting things to happen.

Your day 8 pics are insane. Mine never looked like that, as in just like native density which worries me a lot. But I'd say for you just a matter of a little bit more time.

3 hours ago, keysersoze said:

Seems pretty normal and start expecting things to happen.

Your day 8 pics are insane. Mine never looked like that, as in just like native density which worries me a lot. But I'd say for you just a matter of a little bit more time.

Hey mate cheers for the response. Hoping you meant insane in a good way hahaha

On 9/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, lift24 said:

Hey guys, sorry for the slow updates. This pic is just after 3 months, feels like my progress is a bit slower compared to others around the same time frame. Please give me your thoughts, thanks!

IMG_0312.jpg

Looks normal for 3 months...another few weeks and beyond is when the magic happens!

• Administrators

Looking forward to your updates, i've been impressed with Dr. Kaan, he seems to be a great surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/23/2019 at 8:18 AM, lift24 said:

Hi,

Oral minoxidil has been working great, I've been using it for about 1 year and my hair is definitely thicker. The Doctor said my donor hairs were very thick and I think the minoxidil helped with that. 

Researchess suggest oral minoxidil in the range 2.5/5 mg daily.
Why are you going so high? Any doctor prescribed you 10mg?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry for the long delay between updates, here are some photos at the 7.5 month mark. Although I’m definitely in a better position then when I started I feel the front of the hairline is at a weaker spot then others at a similar month post op. I’ve attached some pictures with different harshness of light variations, let me know what you think. 

881B2B18-4280-49BB-BAA3-835C518C9D47.jpeg

D726ADBB-94C8-4183-92A8-E324C63AE999.jpeg

ABB39C16-C3B7-4476-892D-0E7FA247F3C5.jpeg

81446C0A-BFC0-4DE3-979E-B39F8F7A3BA3.jpeg

567855AA-2188-4921-A6F2-707941322124.jpeg

AA74007B-81F3-4194-B144-CCFB0D275561.jpeg

Edited by lift24

On 1/29/2020 at 10:34 PM, duchaine said:

Researchess suggest oral minoxidil in the range 2.5/5 mg daily.
Why are you going so high? Any doctor prescribed you 10mg?

Hi,

Dermatologist prescribed 10mg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...