3,740 Grafts | Dr. Demirsoy - 19 June 2019

1 minute ago, CosmoKramer said:

Do you think it may be some seasonal shedding?

I has some shedding of my HT hairs around month 11 but things got better and denser around the 15th month and so on.

No idea.

If it is seasonal shedding, I'm guessing the loss of those hairs would be permanent no? Like before any transplant at all when you get regular hair loss. Not sure.

How can you have shedding and growth at the same time though?

13 hours ago, maltesefalcon said:

No idea.

If it is seasonal shedding, I'm guessing the loss of those hairs would be permanent no? Like before any transplant at all when you get regular hair loss. Not sure.

How can you have shedding and growth at the same time though?

No, seasonal shedding is not permanent, the hairs do grow back, the all have different growth cycles.

You can have growth and shedding at the same time if new stronger or better hairs push out the older hairs to shed. 

I would recommend taking a biotin & MSM suppliment to help speed up growth.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:42 AM, CosmoKramer said:

No, seasonal shedding is not permanent, the hairs do grow back, the all have different growth cycles.

You can have growth and shedding at the same time if new stronger or better hairs push out the older hairs to shed. 

I would recommend taking a biotin & MSM suppliment to help speed up growth.

How can you tell the difference between "seasonal hair loss" and "permanent hair loss"?

I've just combed my hair back to take an image under the light. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems like traditional male pattern baldness...which is very disappointing if so. 

The bottom image is my hair as you'd see it in the same lighting but from a face-on angle.

20200702_150306.jpg

20200702_150649.jpg

Edited by maltesefalcon

3700 grafts spread over that big of area does not give perfect density for most people. Most people would need almost 2k grafts just to make that front band look good in harsh lights. Also on top of that hairloss being progressive, it is possible no matter what you do you lose more hair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

3700 grafts spread over that big of area does not give perfect density for most people. Most people would need almost 2k grafts just to make that front band look good in harsh lights. Also on top of that hairloss being progressive, it is possible no matter what you do you lose more hair.

I was told that 2,500 went to the front / and 1,250 went to the middle and back end.

11 minutes ago, maltesefalcon said:

I was told that 2,500 went to the front / and 1,250 went to the middle and back end.

It’s hard to say based on post op pictures. It’s does look like they tried to cover all zones with that 3700 grafts. Define front in their layout? Either way your front had a large area to cover and the post op pictures look pretty uniformed in graft placement. Either way you probably were looking at a second procedure to get the coverage you are hoping for no fault of the doctor. Trust me, I have been there!

21 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

It’s hard to say based on post op pictures. It’s does look like they tried to cover all zones with that 3700 grafts. Define front in their layout? Either way your front had a large area to cover and the post op pictures look pretty uniformed in graft placement. Either way you probably were looking at a second procedure to get the coverage you are hoping for no fault of the doctor. Trust me, I have been there!

Did you experience hair loss after a year of your first transplant too? 

This has happened from March until now. Before March, I experienced only growth. 

Edited by maltesefalcon

21 minutes ago, maltesefalcon said:

Did you experience hair loss after a year of your first transplant too? 

This has happened from March until now. Before March, I experienced only growth. 

I believe I did. Looking back at pictures and knowing some grafts placed in between hair that I was probably going to lose. Now I am on a pretty steady regimen that’s seems to help. Honestly I have grown my hair out and close to 10 months to haircut. I do notice more hair shedding. 

Edited by Guy73

6 hours ago, maltesefalcon said:

How can you tell the difference between "seasonal hair loss" and "permanent hair loss"?

I've just combed my hair back to take an image under the light. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems like traditional male pattern baldness...which is very disappointing if so. 

The bottom image is my hair as you'd see it in the same lighting but from a face-on angle.

20200702_150306.jpg

20200702_150649.jpg

A good way to tell the difference is if the hairs you are shedding look weak or strong in appearance. If the look weak or thin then it’s likely they are in the process of miniaturization. Strong or thick hairs that are shed are much more likely going through a new shed/rest/growth cycle. The only other condition when strong hairs shedding is bad is from Telogen Effluvium or alopecia areata...but from the looks of these photos you added it just looks likely a normal cycle or seasonal shed.

Honestly, I don’t think it looks bad given the amount of graphs for the areas you had covered, I think your front facing photo looks really good.

I Agree with @Guy73 comments too..

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, CosmoKramer said:

A good way to tell the difference is if the hairs you are shedding look weak or strong in appearance. If the look weak or thin then it’s likely they are in the process of miniaturization. Strong or thick hairs that are shed are much more likely going through a new shed/rest/growth cycle. The only other condition when strong hairs shedding is bad is from Telogen Effluvium or alopecia areata...but from the looks of these photos you added it just looks likely a normal cycle or seasonal shed.

Honestly, I don’t think it looks bad given the amount of graphs for the areas you had covered, I think your front facing photo looks really good.

I Agree with @Guy73 comments too..

This is probably improbable, but it is known if hair transplanted follicles can mass disappear after 1-year? Losing density on a permanent basis? 

On 7/9/2020 at 11:03 AM, maltesefalcon said:

This is probably improbable, but it is known if hair transplanted follicles can mass disappear after 1-year? Losing density on a permanent basis? 

I highly doubt that...but even HT hairs are still succeptable to androgens and from what I’ve seen it would take years for HT hairs to suffer from them.

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2020 at 1:03 AM, maltesefalcon said:

How's it going mate? 

I kinda experience something similar with mine, where everything was looking ok say at around 6 months then at 8 months it looked horrible, looking better now. I dont know maybe it's just a cycle and will get better! Any update?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 1:04 AM, keysersoze said:

How's it going mate? 

I kinda experience something similar with mine, where everything was looking ok say at around 6 months then at 8 months it looked horrible, looking better now. I dont know maybe it's just a cycle and will get better! Any update?

All back to normal -- if not better, than before!

I think it was as others suggested, seasonal loss that grows back over time. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 1:22 PM, maltesefalcon said:

All back to normal -- if not better, than before!

I think it was as others suggested, seasonal loss that grows back over time. 

How long did it take to grow back?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

So things are pretty good I think. It's now almost 2-years since I had the transplant.

Hair is all over the place as hairdressers have been closed!!!

But in terms of growth, it's 100x better than where I began with. I've attached April 2019 for reference.

What do you guys think?

May 2021.jpg

april 2019.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...