Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I'll be posting a detailed update in a few weeks time. Since my last update, there has been further thickening and growth and all seems to be heading in a very positive direction. Thus

That's the plan Cosmo - it's a day by day thing at this stage. Impatient to see how things turn out at 6 months, 9 months and at 1 year. Time will tell!!    

Nah very normal. 9 weeks still in ugly duckling and I wouldn’t expect anything for at least a few more weeks.

Posted Images

On 9/6/2019 at 10:43 AM, maltesefalcon said:

I experimented with some different shampoos that were available in my local, and things have cleared up considerably. I guess in time the problem will resolve.

In terms of growth, I'm aware 11 weeks is nothing. Just when you compare Kraistoff - who went to ASMED - who also had his temples filled in, you find that he has 50x more growth at this stage than me. So it becomes natural to ask whether I should be having more than I am at this point. 

See his comparative progress here: 

 

Hello.

 

my temples never shed. They grew from day 1. Same with the frontal forelock - never shed and grew immediately

 

its behind the hairline that is the only dodgy bit for me, but I don’t think it was planted as dense as the front for obvious reasons. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

True - and I guess you had far more implanted into the front than I did.

Mercifully, I've been experiencing significant growth over the past 1-2 weeks, so things appear to be heading in a very positive growth direction.

I'm at 14.5 weeks now; once I reach 18 weeks I'll be posting an update w/ images here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Four Month Mark

I've noticed some growth over the past few weeks, which is quite encouraging.

Below, you can find two images - one with my hair combed normally, and a second showing the growth thus far.

In terms of maintenance, things are pretty much the same - daily finasteride and biotin. However, I haven't taken minoxidil. I'm not sure I want the effort of having to apply that foam to my head everyday. It seems a bit of a headache. Plus, it may make my hair look oily. 

I've noticed my left temple isn't as dense as the right temple, but not sure if I'm fooling myself because my right temple had far greater recession than the left temple. 

Anyway, you guys can let me know what you think. 

:)

Week 16 - Front.jpg

Week 16 - Top.jpg

Edited by maltesefalcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

5.5 MONTH UPDATE

So here are things 5.5 months on post-surgery. See below, for a comparison of what I was like 2 months before surgery and what things are like today.

Things have certainly progressed and I'm satisfied with how things are coming along. I dare say that the majority of growth is still yet to manifest -- I think most happens between 6-10 months, so things appear to be on track. 

Taking finasteride and biotin daily. No complications or trouble. Things pretty much back to normal. I didn't yet do an image of the donor area, but there is no problem with it at all. You wouldn't even know I had the surgery etc.

Let me know what you guys think and whether you have any questions.

I think I'll update again in 2 months time. 

Update 5.5 Months.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maltesefalcon said:

5.5 MONTH UPDATE

So here are things 5.5 months on post-surgery. See below, for a comparison of what I was like 2 months before surgery and what things are like today.

Things have certainly progressed and I'm satisfied with how things are coming along. I dare say that the majority of growth is still yet to manifest -- I think most happens between 6-10 months, so things appear to be on track. 

Taking finasteride and biotin daily. No complications or trouble. Things pretty much back to normal. I didn't yet do an image of the donor area, but there is no problem with it at all. You wouldn't even know I had the surgery etc.

Let me know what you guys think and whether you have any questions.

I think I'll update again in 2 months time. 

Update 5.5 Months.jpg

Some very nice progress for 5.5 months!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Sijac09 said:

Any update mate?

Yeah, I'll be posting a detailed update in a few weeks time.

Since my last update, there has been further thickening and growth and all seems to be heading in a very positive direction.

Thus far, I'm very happy with the outcome of the surgery - well worth the cost and effort. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

I'm now at 9-months post-surgery. Not sure how to interpret the results really. It doesn't seem anywhere near the density I should have, or am I wrong?

Certainly much better than pre-surgery, but I was expecting greater density.

What do you guys think? :)

20200324_162233.jpg

20200324_162315.jpg

20200324_162103.jpg

20200324_162134.jpg

Edited by maltesefalcon
Link to post
Share on other sites

All the same.

When combed etc., you see the "better ones", but when I  spread the hair back, you see it like that. Obviously, nobody sees it like that in real life -- nor does the wind change it much. But I pushed the hair all the way back to show the density.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maltesefalcon said:

I'm now at 9-months post-surgery. Not sure how to interpret the results really. It doesn't seem anywhere near the density I should have, or am I wrong?

Certainly much better than pre-surgery, but I was expecting greater density.

What do you guys think? :)

20200324_162233.jpg

20200324_162315.jpg

20200324_162103.jpg

20200324_162134.jpg

I see some nice progress to be honest...and in the photos of where you have the hair brushed back it looks like the transplanted hairs a thin compared to you native hairs..which is normal...so you still have more time for them to possibly double in diameter and thickness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Guy73 said:

Looks fine. 

I assume that the above posters are right -- that many of the hairs might thicken up in the coming months. 

As I said, I'm happy with how things have turned out -- and it's galaxies better than the state of hair loss compared to this time last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...