Dr. Hasson /2,508 Grafts/ FUE / 1 Session/ 13 months post-op

This patient in his mid-20’s came up from Seattle looking to restore his receding hairline and thinning frontal zone. He started noticing his hairline was getting weak at a relatively young age (18-19). His hair loss progressed fairly quickly and he felt it was time to address it. He had good donor hair with texture on the coarse side. While a candidate for either method,  FUE was the decided choice.

Dr. Hasson and his team successfully harvested 2508 grafts during a one day FUE procedure to rebuild his hairline and address the necessary areas of the frontal zone. 301 of these grafts were singles, 1522 were doubles and 685 were 3-4-hair grafts. These photos were taken approximately 13 months post-op.

hair-restoration-surgery-before-after-25
hair-transplant-surgery-before-after-250

Edited by H & W Doug
13 not 14 mo po
  • Thanks 1

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! I agree😊

Recedinggenes,

In a 2 year span, patients from 72 countries traveled to our clinic for a procedure and didn't let distance get in the way of achieving their desired result, why would you?😃 

HLPToronto,

Density numbers can be deceiving so we don't place too much emphasis on them. A patient with very fine hair can be packed at 80 grafts per square centimeter for instance and not look as thick as someone with coarse hair packed at 50.  We can achieve the highest densities possible if required to create the best cosmetic impact. In this case due to his coarse hair, a lofty number was not necessary and if compared in general to one of our other high density results it might seem low. However, with coarse hair, especially darker against light skin, a certain amount of density must be employed for it to look natural.  So relativity speaking it has to be high. Regardless of the number, the most natural hairlines do have a high density relative to all the factors and that is why our graft counts for a given area are usually higher than most. 

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

This is a substantial change where you can call it a true success.  No sign of recession nor unnatural look to the front.  

Sometimes you wish can turn back time and sit in the right chair.  You guys at Hasson Wong are putting out top notch work.  

I would say that is one of the lower H and W hairlines I've seen. The work looks great tho. Were there any special considerations about the placement?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Spanker!  

I would say any hairline placement and design in our clinic has special considerations. Bone structure and facial features play a role in addition to donor reserves and final hair loss pattern among other considerations. In this particular case if I can take you into the mind of Dr. Hasson and convey a few things he might have been thinking: The existing forelock is lower than in the typical mature male hairline but it is strong and it does not appear to be miniaturized to any material degree and looks like it will remain in the foreseeable future. His donor reserves are good and I don’t see an aggressive final hair loss pattern. If I try and restore a higher hairline, it will not blend as well with the existing level and therefore the cosmetic benefit and aesthetics will be greater with a lower hairline. I don’t see any particular long term risk with this hairline given donor reserves and projected final hair loss pattern. Even if he does progress farther than anticipated, his donor reserves will be sufficient to restore the necessary areas to support this hairline in the future.  All things considered, this hairline will suit him best without putting him at future risk.

Hassonandwong.com