Concealers and grafts growth

Hi folks,

I read many articles to find if there’s a connection between hair concealers and transplanted grafts growth. Are they really safe after 1 week of the surgery or they really could block many grafts from growing? 

What do you think 🤔?

Most agree that you can return to normal after 7-10 days post op.  This means that you should wash all the crusts off.  You can then use whatever.  Be sure to wash off daily as you normally would. Most doctors I've spoken to say that after 3 days it is very difficult to harm a graft as they are very sturdy.  To be on the safe side as most are very conservative, they'll tell patients 7-10 days.

16 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Most agree that you can return to normal after 7-10 days post op.  This means that you should wash all the crusts off.  You can then use whatever.  Be sure to wash off daily as you normally would. Most doctors I've spoken to say that after 3 days it is very difficult to harm a graft as they are very sturdy.  To be on the safe side as most are very conservative, they'll tell patients 7-10 days.

Is there any scientific explanation why to use them after 7-10 days? Or even the necessity to wash them off daily? 🤔🤔

I believe it is safe to use concealers 10 days post surgery. By that time, the grafts are in place and have established their own blood supply. Moreover, normal washing is possible by that time. Some docs advise a shorter time, but I have set day 10 as a safety net. Anything before that can act like crusting around the grafts, which can technically compromise the blood supply to them. This is the reason behind the importance of washing daily. Washing helps wash off and dissolve crusting, and makes it easier for surrounding blood to reach the grafts. By day 10 the blood supply for each graft is now established and they wont be dependent on the blood supply of the scalp for nourishment. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram