Aclaris Therapeutics Announces Positive Phase 2 Clinical Trials For Genetic Hair Loss

• Administrators

Have you guys heard about ATI-502? The new phase 2 clinical trials came out. What do you guys think does this have some potential?

Aclaris Therapeutics Announces Positive Phase 2 Clinical Trials For Genetic Hair Loss

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Well, it sure sounds promising but so many things have sounded promising over the last two decades and yet nothing has ever materialized into a treatment let alone a cure. So  I suppose we will see yet  again what happens with this.   But I certainly won’t hold my breath. 

Other thoughts? 

Best wishes,

Bill

1 hour ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Well, it sure sounds promising but so many things have sounded promising over the last two decades and yet nothing has ever materialized into a treatment let alone a cure. So  I suppose we will see yet  again what happens with this.   But I certainly won’t hold my breath. 

Other thoughts? 

Best wishes,

Bill

Couldn’t have said it better myself

Add it to the list. One day it'll happen, but as Bill says, I won't hold my breath.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Administrators

Yea, honestly I feel like this treatment will probably work better on Alopecia Areata instead of MPB.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

limited information in the article but it’s good to see people are really trying out there lol. 8 extra hairs is 8 extra hairs...

are phase 2 trials always that low of a sample size? i don’t get the point of such a low sample size. also would be nice to know the NW of these patients, if they’re diffused, etc...

i dont know the process of getting FDA approved. is stage 2 far in the process? if things go smoothly how much longer?

• Administrators

Well it’s 8 hairs per cm2 which is actually a lot of hair if you consider the average norwood 6 area is about 200cm2. So you figure that’s roughly 1,600 hairs. Definitely an improvement. The FDA requires 4 clinical trials, the 3rd and 4th phase are make or break because they are randomized, double blind placebo-controlled studies.  

View my thread