FUT Hair Transplant 4 months post op

Hi All

I have done my FUT transplant back in February. Just hit the four month mark this week and my hair growth is still pretty slow. I am having Follihair and Finpecia recommended by my Dr. Maneesh Sonthalia. I got the transplant done in Kolkata, India. Got 5000 grafts. I wonder what is the usual growth rate around 4 months mark. My doctor himself saying my growth rate is slower and by this time we should see a shadow of growth area. I am not sure, probably he is not being able to understand from the pics i am sending him since i live in USA. Here are some of my pics. I didn't have any hair in front area and most of them were gone before transplant. The doctor did 4500 grafts in front and 500 in the back area.

IMG-7293.JPG

IMG-7292.JPG

IMG-7289.JPG

IMG-7288.JPG

For a 4 month mark, I am sorry to say it's not the ideal picture anyone would like to see especially after getting 5000 grafts implanted ( how ever I DOUBT 5000 were implanted)

do you mind sharing pics immediately taken post op for a better understanding of your case. 

are you applying minoxidil to boost your ht results ? 

Hi

i was using Minoxidil initially but it was creating itchy scalp and dryness for me so my doctor said not to use it for a bit. Now today he said to start using it back. Attached are few of my pictures just after or few days after. My shedding phase started almost a month after the surgery. I do see very small color less hairs which may not be very clear in current pics

1B2BAF4E-2647-4FE3-A9F2-BAC5F5ABE397.jpeg

5226A6C1-66DA-4303-AFDE-89621CDA62A8.jpeg

8E43B49F-9184-4AC3-888F-E464C9DA9022.jpeg

118EABFA-5400-49A8-A62C-6FEFA2A9AFC7.jpeg

3F0A2E5B-DFEC-4939-A505-DB5494265B4F.jpeg

Depends on variety of factors - how grafts were extracted, placed, how much out of body time for grafts, if most grafts were destroyed during implantation or extracting/sorting phase since in FUT , a magnifier is a must . did the doctor and team used all of those precautions. Also, it hugely depends on your native hair caliber - how strong /weak is your donor area. 

also, very important to get a breakdown on # of singles, doubles and trips after the HT so you can track/assess/assume your results accordingly. Not sure if you received this count from the clinic  ? Its your luck at the end of the day if majority of extracted grafts comes out to be doubles,trips, quads since 1 graft could sprout 3 hairs then and it adds up to that total hair count when result is solid in 1 year or so.

also, Minoxidil should be added to your routine. at least for the first 6 months - 1 year. 

Who was the doctor? Is he recommended here or other forums ? any past results from patients if you reviewed beforehand. 

Yes, it could be true that you are a really slow grower but my gut instinct says otherwise. I think its more to do with the clinic, procedure and grafts survival here 

• 4 months later...

Hi SG008, 

I am considering consulting this Doctor after seeing very good review on Google (4.8 star overall of 248 reviews)

Are you able to share your latest photos? What were his costs? What was his management to reduce post operative infection?

Regards

• Moderators

It would be nice if the original poster updated this, so we can see how it grew the past few months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.