Repeat hair transplant

Hi,

I was curious to know whether having a repeat/top-up FUE procedure could possibly damage existing FUE grafts in the recipient area? For example, say you underwent an FUE procedure in 2017 and then needed a 'top-up' as still slightly thin in recipient areas in 2019, would the subsequent incision and implantation process cause damage to existing follicles?

Many people have done this.  Mine were 8 years apart, but most don't wait that long. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

8 hours ago, saiyquen1234 said:

Hi,

I was curious to know whether having a repeat/top-up FUE procedure could possibly damage existing FUE grafts in the recipient area? For example, say you underwent an FUE procedure in 2017 and then needed a 'top-up' as still slightly thin in recipient areas in 2019, would the subsequent incision and implantation process cause damage to existing follicles?

It is very common to have a repeat top up procedure especially in areas where your native hair has continued to recede leaving only transplanted hairs.

The surgeon will use magnifiers when making the slits to ensure no healthy grafts are damaged. The new grafts will be implanted in these slits.

So in answer to your question, the subsequent incision and implantation process will not cause damage to your existing follicles.

• Like 1