How can I tell Ive had the 3000 grafts Ive paid for

Good Afternoon.

I have had a FUE procedure three days ago now and just like everyone else Im looking at pictures on the net and forums etc. I look at my pics comparing to others and it looks considerbly less than others saying they have had 3000 grafts. 

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to extract that amount and then for two people to implant etc.  Are multiple grafts put into the slits?

I asked the technician how many grafts they gave me and he mumbled something around 2800, I have since asked the representative who arranged my transplant how many confirmed grafts and he said well you paid for 3000 so you will have got 3000, I then explained that the surgeon stated that they could not get the full amount from my doner site and he has not since got back to me to confirm.

If anyone can tell from my pictures I would be obliged of any advice.

Pavlov.

doner.jpg

head.jpg

head 2.jpg

head3.jpg

• Administrators

Who was the surgeon/clinic? They should be able to disclose the graft breakdown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi, Yes as I stated above, he mumbled something like 2800, I have asked the co ordinator today for the official number but as yet no reply received. I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who knows a lot more about the procedures whether you can tell from looking as comparing my pics to all others with 3000 grafts mine looks very spaced out and lacking in numbers.

Pavlov

at this point all you can do is get good opinions of your graft count, alot of clinics lie about grafts numbers bc its really hard to tell, to me it looks somwhere around 2000 grafts but I could def be wrong

• Administrators

Sounds like you may have gone to a black market FUE clinic in Turkey. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No not at all, This was done in London, I am waiting to hear back from the co ordinator first before I state who it is, just to see how they handle my request, Once Ive had a response I will let you know the company.

Pavlov

Its very hard to determine exact number of grafts. this is where you have to trust the clinic and give some extra room for 100 to 500 grafts less/more

there is no accurate way of counting grafts although many says use a software, scalp pics, when Dr performs incisions count it, or when dr. perform extractions count them.... etc etc.  this is all illogical IMO, you just can't do it. 

its a rough estimate, 99.999999 % of clinics would give you a number just to keep you happy with official records, its very hard to challenge them back after you count and highlight the discrepancies if any. 

Thankyou for the reply. I accept there can be descrepency in numbers due to other factors on the day, my only concern is if there is a large discrepency then surely there is an obligation to explain it.

Pavlov

yes i would say  approx. 200 grafts less/more should be fine but if it seems they have quoted 4000 grafts and implanted only 2000, then its cheating. But again its very common especially in turkish side of assembly line clinics 

but they have discovered a new formula to erase this issue, most clinics from turkey will quote you flat package 2500 Euro for example which includes " max. grafts" and will tell you, they will do mega session in one day or 2, implant |" max grafts which is 5000 and everything is covered. no need to pay per graft as its a flat rate. Most patients fall for it 

think instead of paying per graft , its max grafts covered and sign up with them but in the end, they also end up implanting 3000 or so 

24 minutes ago, pavlov said:

Thankyou for the reply. I accept there can be descrepency in numbers due to other factors on the day, my only concern is if there is a large discrepency then surely there is an obligation to explain it.

Pavlov

I had 2800 they toldos me. Now its been 22 days and I have a lot of scabings 

20190601_131218_001.jpg

20190615_074849.jpg

20190526_091434.jpg