Hair Loss Cure 2020 Fact or Fiction?

Hair Loss Cure 2020 fact or fiction  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Yep. My first hair transplant session I paid $18.50 per graft for 60 grafts of size 3.75 mm each + $750 for a scalp reduction + $150 for a guarantee to double the amount of hair that I had, not have any scars, and never run out of donor hair. Yes they did a scalp reduction at the same time they did a FUT. They must have known there was no way the scalp reduction would work with a competing FUT trying to stretch it back... and they did that 5 times.

Wow the hair transplant industry was foul back then. These guys nowadays think it's bad, but have no idea how bad it was when the internet didn't exist.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Are we going to know a cure is coming? (example stage 1, 2, 3, etc FDA trials successful and in the news)

or will it be more “breaking news”?

i figure it will be more the first scenario which doesn’t give me a lot of hope for anything in the near future. can someone summarize the “promising” options in the current pipeline and their timeline? JAK, etc...

8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Both of those drugs were originally created for something else. Minoxidil was originally tested as an oral medication for high blood pressure and some of the test subjects were growing hair, so they decide to make a topical spray for hair loss. Since they had already developed the drug, why not make some extra money on it.

Finisteride was first used as to treat enlarged prostates and it was eventually realized that many of the men were regrowing their hair, so they did some trials to see if finisteride was in fact growing hair on men who took it. So again, the drug was already created and the company figured they can make more money with additional uses.

Ok...minoxidil was an “accidental” discovery but finasteride was not. In the 70s and 80s scientists from Merck went to Dominican Republic to study a group of men that were pseudohermaphrodites. They noted these men had no prostate enlargement, and no hair loss. They designed the drug to mimic their endocrine system (no 5 alpha reductase). They just got approval for prostate enlargement first.

second, both drugs are off patent for 10+ years meaning the generic drug companies are making them. Merck is making next to nothing on these drugs now since the patent is over. That’s my main point. To say a cure is not being released because they still want to make money off these drugs doesn’t make any sense.