Hair Loss Cure 2020 Fact or Fiction?

Hair Loss Cure 2020 fact or fiction  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

What do you guys think? I vote no

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I voted no.

But i had high hopes for the cloning follicles thing. I mean they managed to clone a whole bloody sheep in the 90s. Why cant they manage just some hair follicles 20+ years later!

Eventually it will happen, but medicine has much more pressing concerns at this time.  This is basically a cosmetic issue, just like wrinkles.  Cancer and unclogging coronary arteries are much more pressing issues.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

23 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Eventually it will happen, but medicine has much more pressing concerns at this time.  This is basically a cosmetic issue, just like wrinkles.  Cancer and unclogging coronary arteries are much more pressing issues.

I agree, although it’s not so much in regards to ‘more pressing issue’ than it is that Bio & Pharma & Big Hospital Corporations can make vastly greater profits off cancer & cardiovascular treatments so they prioritize those, especially in the US.

Nah...not in my lifetime. Which surprises me because I remeber thinking as a kid that hairloss would not be a worry because science.

I was wrong. 

Every "cure" or new treatment comes with poor photos from shady characters who release quarterly statements to try to spur investment. 

I'm gonna have to say that's a negative ghost rider.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

In 2020, no, in our lifetime, yes.

Hair loss is at it's heart, a genetic condition. The advancements being made in the genetics field each day are actually incredible. 

Gene editing alone has come leaps and bounds with the use of cas9 and other proteins, and it's not unreasonable to assume that one day we will have a cure. 

But I doubt it will even be within the next decade, unfortunately. Which really, really sucks lol. 

• Administrators

Great responses guys,

The reason why I say 2020 is because many have speculated Replicel- RCH-01 will be releasing it in 2020. I’ve shot a video on it I’ll be releasing it soon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Not ever.  If you really think about it...When things started, it was the old plug.  FUE is a glorified plug, just smaller...but same concept.  You know the saying, "the more things change, the more they remain the same." So what is the next step in the industry?  Perhaps refinement of the surgery? Medicine wise....more potions?  Perhaps cloning.

I remember 20 years ago the subject came up...everyone getting excited....and then I heard 10 years.  In a recent conversation at a convention, if fact, the same answer was given. Why?  Because it is far more important to deal with life and death issues than it is to talk about something so insignificant as hair, (in comparison).  Kidneys, heart, liver.....Those take priority.  Cloning the follicle is somewhere down there on the list. And lastly, consider everyone that is involved in hair restoration.

Companies, doctors, manufacturers of equipment, manufacturers of drugs, finance companies, etc....If that happens they'll be out of business.  Too many hands in the pot.

Never.

• Administrators

Great post lasercap, in fact in the video I include an old article showing “hair loss cure 2010” lol it seems to be extended every 10 years.

View my thread

I think we should also clarify what we mean by “cure” lol. There are many different situations. 

1. completely bald man. confirmed all dead hair follicles. are we saying a cure would be to bring him back to a full head of hair everywhere? what sort of density? essentially making hair follicles from nothing

2. Typical NW 3 man. this “cure” holds onto his remaining hair permanently?(fin x 100 and no sides) but can’t bring anything dead back? cure returns miniaturize hair from weak to strong hairs

3. Typical NW 3 man. this “cure” doesn’t save/do anything to his current hair, but returns his frontal region to natural density?

just a few i thought of off my head. what do we think community?

• Administrators

Great post lasercap, in fact in the video I include an old article showing “hair loss cure 2010” lol it seems to be extended every 10 years.

View my thread

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Melvin are you posting videos while at work? Alpha af mate

Lololol im actually off for my full time job. 

View my thread

I recently saw this guys very impressive 1 year results he posted on another forum showing how he tackled his baldness and went from a Norwood 7 to what now looks to be a Norwood 3 .... all only from using medication and microneedling. 

I think a so-called “cure” can already be attained using a combination of medication/HT/Microneedling ... 

4AAD1E5F-B1A8-4D07-B3FF-744DBA585EC1.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

I saw this post on tressless. Tbh I doubt it’s just medication and dermatolling.

View my thread

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I saw this post on tressless. Tbh I doubt it’s just medication and dermatolling.

I was skeptical as well but I’m seeing more and more similar results.

I personally am seeing some early improvement after a few weeks.

Edited by CosmoKramer

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I was skeptical as well but I’m seeing more and more similar results.

I personally am seeing some early improvement after a few weeks.

That’s great dude, post your progress on here. Maybe I’m being a hater lol I’ve just never seen something remotely to as good as that with medication alone. Now surgery+medicine sure, but medicine alone i just haven’t seen it.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s great dude, post your progress on here. Maybe I’m being a hater lol I’ve just never seen something remotely to as good as that with medication alone. Now surgery+medicine sure, but medicine alone i just haven’t seen it.

Thanks Melvin, I will post.

I agree, I haven’t see such great results before that came just from medication alone or microneedling alone, but I think the killer application would be HT+Medication+Microneedling to fully get where we want to be ... without having to wait for cloning or any decade or three with vaporware.

Here ya go:

1st photo, May 6th, is of my midscalp and crown a few weeks after I got a haircut and the length of hair was a bit shorter in the back than the front as I wanted front longer.

2nd photo, June 8th, after a few once weekly microneedling sessions and adding minoxidil 5% lotion in the most recent week.

Interestingly, I did shed a bunch the first 2 weeks and lost a lot of short miniaturized hairs, possibly shed out to make room for new stronger hairs but not sure just yet, need to give it more time.

Edit: I also want to add that I am also microneedling+minoxidil on an area on my left donor side that is a bit slightly less dense from the extraction of my fue procedure so I’m experimenting to see if this method can help donor area better and grow any new hair there as well.

7AEC8647-470E-4B76-9F9C-51936526C8FF.jpeg

32BD4F54-FFFB-4267-BD3F-B0AAB57042F9.jpeg

Edited by CosmoKramer