This patient decided to undergo hair restoration to fill in his hairline. This patient chose not to take Propecia prior to his procedure, but has since begun taking Propecia. He underwent a 1800 FUE procedure with Dr. Arocha and team. The after images were taken 10 months after his procedure!

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

How are these fair comparison shots to show the improvement? The hairline is totally covered in the after shots. I don’t understand these pictures at all

theres no way to see any cosmetic improvement as a result of the surgery. He could easy have this hair style before surgery...

In all honesty, 1,800 grafts seems a lot just for what looks to be a slim area, and the after pictures are of no help in showing true results due to the hair styled forward. I would have expected better.

Great before photos....Need same position photos, post procedure, to admire the work.  

10 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

In all honesty, 1,800 grafts seems a lot just for what looks to be a slim area, and the after pictures are of no help in showing true results due to the hair styled forward. I would have expected better.

I feel the graft count may actually be justified based on the patient's goals and consultations I've had thus far with a few clinics. It's a bit hard to tell what the final outcome is though because as mentioned the hairline itself is not really visible in the after pictures. The only area we can see is part of the corners just above the temple.

would be nice to get some more info on this one; e.g. how old is the patient and how far forward did you extend his hairline exactly?

it looks to be less than 1cm, which given the fact he wears his hair down, coupled with the exceedingly high graft count, makes you wonder what was the point of surgery at all. If he happens to be young and future hair loss is a potential issue then I'd be concerned.

And most guys would kill to have the hair he does in that first before photo.

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your comments as always! Dr. Arocha and I talked about this result, and we are going to go ahead and bring the patient back in so doc can replicate the exact "before" photos with the patient's hair pulled back. Look forward to updating you all as soon as possible. 

• Thanks 1

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

I honestly think this patient should've been told that he is one of the luckiest ones.... and should be modelling for hair products. He never should've gone for a HT for such a minor change, i mean its not even detectable if you ask me

Before/After should be renamed as same/same  lol :) unless there are clearer pics posted to see deeper comparison 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HLPToronto said:

I honestly think this patient should've been told that he is one of the luckiest ones.... and should be modelling for hair products. He never should've gone for a HT for such a minor change, i mean its not even detectable if you ask me

Before/After should be renamed as same/same  lol :) unless there are clearer pics posted to see deeper comparison 

Hi HLPToronto, 

This patient did have a change. Doc is bringing him back into the office to pull the hair back so you can see the change he underwent. I'll update as soon as I have those photos. 

Thanks so much!

• Thanks 1