• Administrators

@California

Thank you for your update. I agree that 800 grafts was too little, and this would need to be a complete re-do of the procedure. 

I’m saddened that this could not be handled amicably. I will also let the community know that we’ve been sued over a dozen times, and anything you say on this public forum could be used against you in court.

If that is the route the patient wants to take I would advise both parties to cease from posting publicly. Now, the issue has gone beyond the scope of our forum. 

Best wishes,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 minutes ago, California said:

UPDATE:

I got in touch with this Patient (Badresults) a few days ago and we spoke over the phone for over an hour. We had a very cordial conversation. He listed out all his grievances and I patiently listened since that was the least that I could do. I do agree with him that he had to go through a lot of pain and suffering because of the wrong/bad actions of our ex-UK Rep. That stays. We cannot ask this Patient not to feel bad about how that person treated him. I assured him again that our Clinic had severed all ties with this Rep as soon as we found about what he has done. 

From my side, I tried my best to assure him that we (Darling Buds Clinic/Dr. Bhatti) had absolutely NOTHING to do with the actions of that one person. That this is the first time in my 11 years association with this Clinic that such a crazy thing has happened. It is a sad and heartbreaking. 

I have already issued a public apology to this Patient for all the troubles, embarrassment and awkwardness that he had to go through due to the actions of one rogue rep and I apologized to him again during our phone conversation. I requested him to not hold a grudge against Dr. Bhatti for this since he had no role to play in this. I personally am proud of Dr. Bhatti's honesty, sincerity, integrity and his concern for his Patients. As mentioned before, I do not need to "sell" Dr. Bhatti to anyone. Whether I continue to work with him or not, has no effect on my financial situation. Money is not a factor here.

After speaking to this Patient, I communicated with Dr. Bhatti. We went over all that has happened so far. Dr. Bhatti said that what that rep did to this Patient has caused him grief and anguish on a personal level and he would love to do his best to try to make it up to this Patient.  He said that he is more than happy to take responsibility for this Patient's HT results and would gladly offer him a complimentary redo (not repair) procedure without putting any cap on the number of grafts. Basically, whatever it takes to help the patient reach his HT goals. He is not able to offer a refund as such practices can potentially open flood gates with every patient that feels that their HT result was less than optimal, demanding a refund from his/her HT Clinic. That could be game changer for our clinic and other clinics out there.

I spoke to the Patient again today and conveyed Dr. Bhatti's offer to him. He turned the offer down and said that if he is not given a full refund, he will want to pursue with legal actions against the Clinic. I told him that he is welcome to follow any course of action as he feels is feasible and beneficial for him. I had really hoped that we would be able to reach an amicable solution here but unfortunately, that did not happen. 

I wish this Patient all the best. He has my phone number now and I asked him to feel free to ping me anytime, if I can help with anything.

Best regards,

California

@California Thanks for trying your best to resolve this. However as what I told you I can never let @Dr Tejinder Bhatti touch me, forget even a re-do of surgeries.

As what I told you, there’s many flip flop stories from DR. Bhatti like he don’t even remember where I am from when he said he would usually delegate the patient case to the patient rep. Logically, I am from Malaysia and how can Bhatti delegate my case to Shera who is based in UK? This is why I said Bhatti is 100% responsible for leaking out my personal details. Shera was just a scapegoat.

And for the rest of the members here, I would file a police report in India once the global pandemic is over or cooled down.

Well, my procedure with Dr bhatti was 4 months back. I see growth at the 4 months mark. But I don't know how it will end up. His team was incredible. They were very professional. But one thing that @Badresults mentioned here also happened with me. Full Anathesia was given. As a result, I had no idea of the procedure. I can remember few things of the procedure only. I woke up after the procedure. They should've told me about it. This came as a shocker. Even though they had monitors to check the heart beat. Another doctor was visible there. Dr bhatti himself injected Anathesia. I don't know whether it is for the betterment or not. Previously I knew that I will be fully awake, moreover, There will be several breaks like breakfast & lunch. 

And currently I am in a  position where I really don't know whether It will be a failed procedure or not.I'm taking the medicine & being hopeful about it. I can relate how does it feel. It is not just about the money, it is about the mental health also.

I think you should visit Dr bhatti once. If he is the one who is offering you a repair case, you should really consider it. I know I might not be in that situation, if same thing happened with me. But still we should look forward.

14 minutes ago, Shakib said:

Well, my procedure with Dr bhatti was 4 months back. I see growth at the 4 months mark. But I don't know how it will end up. His team was incredible. They were very professional. But one thing that @Badresults mentioned here also happened with me. Full Anathesia was given. As a result, I had no idea of the procedure. I can remember few things of the procedure only. I woke up after the procedure. They should've told me about it. This came as a shocker. Even though they had monitors to check the heart beat. Another doctor was visible there. Dr bhatti himself injected Anathesia. I don't know whether it is for the betterment or not. Previously I knew that I will be fully awake, moreover, There will be several breaks like breakfast & lunch. 

And currently I am in a  position where I really don't know whether It will be a failed procedure or not.I'm taking the medicine & being hopeful about it. I can relate how does it feel. It is not just about the money, it is about the mental health also.

I think you should visit Dr bhatti once. If he is the one who is offering you a repair case, you should really consider it. I know I might not be in that situation, if same thing happened with me. But still we should look forward.

Yes that is exactly what happened to me as well. It was one of his assistant who gave me the general anaesthesia saying it’s an antibiotic. This is something he did not inform me or even told me. I have never heard where a full anaesthesia is needed for HT unless a patient request for it and it is completely illegal for doctor to do that without getting the patient consent.  @Shakib

I hope you get a success from your surgery as I don’t wish anyone to go through what I went through with Bhatti and you can see the results here. However there is no way I would want to go back to to the same doctor where the clinic rep black mails you, and the doctor could not explain the cause of his own failed job and now we see where he gives full anaesthesia to patients and they don’t know exactly what went wrong or if the procedure fails they can somehow know something wasn’t done right.

@California this is what I told you what I went through. It’s amazing still somehow this doctor can keep denying that he does this.

Well, I thought it was a kind of medicine which will make me sleep.  Basically really don't know at which moment that was given. Dr bhatti injected Anathesia on my donor area.I felt some pain during that time only. During the procedure once I asked for water, once I informed them that I was feeling cold. 2/3 times they told me not to move, I responded to them. So, this is my memory from the whole procedure. Just after the procedure they served me pizza with water though. Which was really good.

I traveled there alone. I thought during the breaks I will be talking to my family. But I ended up talking to them after the procedure, Lol !

Probably that  works in a better way. It saves time, it makes the process smooth, less Hassel. easy to execute. But should've informed me about it.

1 minute ago, Shakib said:

Well, I thought it was a kind of medicine which will make me sleep.  Basically really don't know at which moment that was given. Dr bhatti injected Anathesia on my donor area.I felt some pain during that time only. During the procedure once I asked for water, once I informed them that I was feeling cold. 2/3 times they told me not to move, I responded to them. So, this is my memory from the whole procedure. Just after the procedure they served me pizza with water though. Which was really good.

I traveled there alone. I thought during the breaks I will be talking to my family. But I ended up talking to them after the procedure, Lol !

Probably that  works in a better way. It saves time, it makes the process smooth, less Hassel. easy to execute. But should've informed me about it.

It looks like they gave us something to put us to sleep. I had the same experience as you had, pizza and water. I don’t know who did the extraction and who made the opening slits, and how many tech team was there. Only when I woke up they was trying to finish the whole procedure ASAP. That is what I remember.

In a real medical world, a doctor would have to inform you what they going to do and how would the procedure take place. It is even more important to inform anyone that they would be given a full anaesthesia because some people would not tolerate this and things could go other way around, even if they have the heart monitor there, it’s completely irresponsible act from a doctor who has been in practice for long.

Also, you mentioned that there was another doctor there, do you know who was it? Was it a lady doctor? @Shakib

No, he was bit old. Wearing a turban. At the beginning of the procedure, Dr bhatti came. He told me not to worry. He injected Anathesia in the donor area. And after that he started harvesting.  But I do thing that a patient should know who is doing what. But when you're unconscious it can be 50-50. Dr and his supportive staff can utilize it in both ways. It can be beneficial for the patient. On the other hand, it can be beneficial for the clinic If the doctor is honest, he will do that for the betterment of his patient. I am assuming that  Dr bhatti did that for the betterment of the patient and the whole procedure itself. I can only wait, and see how it comes. Let's see the result first. 

21 hours ago, Shakib said:

No, he was bit old. Wearing a turban. At the beginning of the procedure, Dr bhatti came. He told me not to worry. He injected Anathesia in the donor area. And after that he started harvesting.  But I do thing that a patient should know who is doing what. But when you're unconscious it can be 50-50. Dr and his supportive staff can utilize it in both ways. It can be beneficial for the patient. On the other hand, it can be beneficial for the clinic If the doctor is honest, he will do that for the betterment of his patient. I am assuming that  Dr bhatti did that for the betterment of the patient and the whole procedure itself. I can only wait, and see how it comes. Let's see the result first. 

Ok I hope you get your results and it doesn’t turn out to be like mine. 

@California  This patient of Dr.Bhatti was given the same full anaesthesia as what I told you. When I told you how a general anaesthesia was given to me, you told me Dr. Bhatti would have never done this and he is sticking to what he said, so myself and this patient is lying? Also I came across the link below where another patient mentioned that he was given the antibiotics which turned out to be general anaesthesia. I would not want to discuss on the other part of that conversation but you can take a look yourself at what the patient told.

8 hours ago, Badresults said:

Ok I hope you get your results and it doesn’t turn out to be like mine. 

@California  This patient of Dr.Bhatti was given the same full anaesthesia as what I told you. When I told you how a general anaesthesia was given to me, you told me Dr. Bhatti would have never done this and he is sticking to what he said, so myself and this patient is lying? Also I came across the link below where another patient mentioned that he was given the antibiotics which turned out to be general anaesthesia. I would not want to discuss on the other part of that conversation but you can take a look yourself at what the patient told.

Hi Badresults,

Really?! Did you read through this entire thread (that you have posted here?). All the ranting about $200 or so being charged for a hotel stay? NO pictures to show anything! You really find this whole thing credible? I don't. 

Regarding the "general anesthesia" part, I know for a fact (and checked again with Dr. Bhatti as recently as last week), our clinic does NOT administer general anesthesia to any patient. We all react differently to medication. I know folks that get knocked out by 2 benadryl tablets. Other folks can't get to sleep even after taking hard core sleeping pills. Dr. Bhatti confirmed again that we sometimes administer a mild sedative. General anesthesia for a procedure as minor as HT would be a huge risk for any Clinic. This is not a heart surgery!

If a patient dozes off, that does not mean that a general anesthesia was given. Please try to look for the logic here. On this forum itself, there must be hundreds of Dr. Bhatti Patients. Had our Clinic had this policy of giving general anesthesia to our Patients, don't you think that our Patients would have spoken up? Where is the "outrage"?  ........Question begs to be answered why any Clinic would take the huge risk/liability of giving general anesthesia for a procedure like HT? What could be the "motive" behind that? To "switch" the HT Surgeon? To "cheat" on the number of grafts? .......the conspiracy theories could be endless......the wilder the imagination.....the more ridiculous the possibilities..........right? 

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Since so much noise has been generated here regarding the administration of general anesthesia during an HT procedure, here are some relevant details, which really should put this issue to bed...for good!

1. General anesthesia is never given for a procedure as lengthy as a hair transplant procedure since it adds to the risks. The risk in a hair transplant procedure has to be minimal. 
2. General anesthesia is not given on full stomach.  Our Patients are advised to take milk with or without one sandwich at 6.30 AM and this has been in our pre-op instructions since ages.
3. After the harvesting is over, the final hairline is drawn by Dr Bhatti which the patient confirms before Dr Bhatti makes the slit. The Patient is at times drowsy but awake enough to make out what's happening around him
4. Once the local anesthesia is given before the slits are made, the patient gets a coffee break where a sandwich is served. This is not possible after general anesthesia
5. Many of our Patients drive back home themselves the same day.
6. Our anesthetist Dr K. Johar is in attendance throughout the procedure and is monitoring the patient.
7. Sedation in form of Injection Midazolam 1 mg intravenous is routine but this does not put most most people to sleep- only enough for lessening anxiety for the initial 30 mins of the procedure. 
Yes this is enough for some patients to go off to sleep.
8. No hospital/medical center in India under the Clinical Establishment Act can engage in surgical procedures without an ICU in the premise with ventilatory support. It is now against the law to do surgery without this requirement and hair transplant is considered a surgical procedure. And hence an anesthetist has to be employed full time.

We do only one procedure a day in Darling Buds since it is almost impossible for one surgeon to do 2 cases in a day. Moreover Dr Bhatti does only hair transplant and 100% FUE hair transplants at that.
Our Clinic has been a One Patient-One Doctor-One Center destination since the past 12 years.
Any patient wanting to verify how much of the procedure was done by Dr Bhatti only has to ask for the procedure to be recorded on camera in the first 30 mins when he may feel sedated.

Best regards,
California
Edited by California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:03 PM, California said:
Since so much noise has been generated here regarding the administration of general anesthesia during an HT procedure, here are some relevant details, which really should put this issue to bed...for good!

1. General anesthesia is never given for a procedure as lengthy as a hair transplant procedure since it adds to the risks. The risk in a hair transplant procedure has to be minimal. 
2. General anesthesia is not given on full stomach.  Our Patients are advised to take milk with or without one sandwich at 6.30 AM and this has been in our pre-op instructions since ages.
3. After the harvesting is over, the final hairline is drawn by Dr Bhatti which the patient confirms before Dr Bhatti makes the slit. The Patient is at times drowsy but awake enough to make out what's happening around him
4. Once the local anesthesia is given before the slits are made, the patient gets a coffee break where a sandwich is served. This is not possible after general anesthesia
5. Many of our Patients drive back home themselves the same day.
6. Our anesthetist Dr K. Johar is in attendance throughout the procedure and is monitoring the patient.
7. Sedation in form of Injection Midazolam 1 mg intravenous is routine but this does not put most most people to sleep- only enough for lessening anxiety for the initial 30 mins of the procedure. 
Yes this is enough for some patients to go off to sleep.
8. No hospital/medical center in India under the Clinical Establishment Act can engage in surgical procedures without an ICU in the premise with ventilatory support. It is now against the law to do surgery without this requirement and hair transplant is considered a surgical procedure. And hence an anesthetist has to be employed full time.

We do only one procedure a day in Darling Buds since it is almost impossible for one surgeon to do 2 cases in a day. Moreover Dr Bhatti does only hair transplant and 100% FUE hair transplants at that.
Our Clinic has been a One Patient-One Doctor-One Center destination since the past 12 years.
Any patient wanting to verify how much of the procedure was done by Dr Bhatti only has to ask for the procedure to be recorded on camera in the first 30 mins when he may feel sedated.

Best regards,
California

@California  I don't know if you understand what I told you via phone, or even what I'm trying to explain here, or what another patient of Dr.Bhatti said in his post above. What you shared above is the normal practice which most clinic share during consultation to their patients. The whole issue here, some of the patients had different experiences during their hair transplant with Dr.Bhatti.

#2. I was given a medicine to take before the surgery night. Few tablets, according to the clinic this would help me during the surgery next day and I was told not to have anything for meal as there would be a break in between. Now, there was no any break in between the surgery at all.

#3. After I received an intravenous dose, I wasn't aware of what my surrounding, who was there during procedure, or who was actually doing the whole procedure. Nothing. 

#4. Lol, I don't even remember if I had local anaesthesia. Like many other HT surgery, there would a break, I did not had any break in between or know when the slits are made.

#7. Why did not Dr.Bhatti informed me before procedure if I would be injected with Midazolam 1mg if he did? In his language he called this an antibiotic? If this was needed, and it is part of his practice, WHY DID HE NOT INFORM UPFRONT? Don't you as a doctor who going to perform a surgery on you, he should inform you upfront and ask if you are ok with it? Also, using Midazolam is not something you have to. Most of other doctors don't use it, I was never given this when I had my first surgery, which is why I clearly remember the whole surgery. 

Uses. Midazolam is used before surgery or a procedure. It helps to cause drowsiness, decrease anxiety, and to decrease your memory of the surgery or procedure. This medication may also be used to help with anesthesia or to sedate people who need a tube or machine to help with breathing.

Now my point on the statement below you made from your previous post. I don't know which part of my explanation that you are confused or don't want to understand. I mention clearly, I don't want to discuss the whole issue on that post, whether that person owe $200 to Bhatti, or how Dr.Bhatti openly share the patient details on this forum until it got deleted. My intend was to show you how the patient was given 'an antibiotic' in Dr. Bhatti language for Midazolam and I can clearly say this is without our consent.

Really?! Did you read through this entire thread (that you have posted here?). All the ranting about $200 or so being charged for a hotel stay? NO pictures to show anything! You really find this whole thing credible? I don't. 

My point is simple, why did not Dr.Bhatti inform before giving Midazolam or tell that there is possibility that I would be asleep during surgery. Why did his team have to mention its an antibiotic? Why wasn't the clinic honest and clear in communicating?

Edited by Badresults

Over years and years and probably seeing over a hundred of his results, I have felt that Bhatti's results fell below the standards of I suspect virtually every other surgeon recommended by this forum. I see more bad results than good from his clinic and even the best results fall below the average of top clinics. Anyone with a discerning eye and appreciation of what other clinics achieve can see from post-ops that the density he places at falls below acceptable standards. I don't say this lightly, but I am 100% sure that if I trained for less than a month I could produce equivalent results. It appears to me nothing but laziness and an lack of desire to push themselves to high standards that so many clinics consistently deliver. 

Look at the placement in case like this. Its just totally unacceptable for any clinic in 2020. Poor growth is one thing, amateurish placement and consistently below-par density is enough to show this clinic shouldn't be recommended.

Considering the other complaints of clinic ethics and blackmail from their employee, I seriously do not believe they should be recommended on this forum. A "representative" acting in this way would result in the company getting sued if this occurred in the United States, its not good enough to merely say they have severed ties. The fact that in a situation where a clinic representative acts criminally towards a patient and subsequently refuses to refund is a hundred nails in the coffin. 

I hope others can acknowledge this too.

9 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

Over years and years and probably seeing over a hundred of his results, I have felt that Bhatti's results fell below the standards of I suspect virtually every other surgeon recommended by this forum. I see more bad results than good from his clinic and even the best results fall below the average of top clinics. Anyone with a discerning eye and appreciation of what other clinics achieve can see from post-ops that the density he places at falls below acceptable standards. I don't say this lightly, but I am 100% sure that if I trained for less than a month I could produce equivalent results. It appears to me nothing but laziness and an lack of desire to push themselves to high standards that so many clinics consistently deliver. 

Look at the placement in case like this. Its just totally unacceptable for any clinic in 2020. Poor growth is one thing, amateurish placement and consistently below-par density is enough to show this clinic shouldn't be recommended.

Considering the other complaints of clinic ethics and blackmail from their employee, I seriously do not believe they should be recommended on this forum. A "representative" acting in this way would result in the company getting sued if this occurred in the United States, its not good enough to merely say they have severed ties. The fact that in a situation where a clinic representative acts criminally towards a patient and subsequently refuses to refund is a hundred nails in the coffin. 

I hope others can acknowledge this too.

@JayLDD  I 100% agree with you. If you look at this forum, Dr.Bhatti has more bad results from his procedure than any other recommended doctor on this forum. Speaking from my results and experiences dealing with this doctor, typically he shows lack of interest in his post op follow up, and when things don't go right, he would not take the blame or try to put the blame on the patient. If you look at his patient rep Shera reply on my first post here, he was trying to tell that I wasn't a right candidate for HT and I was trying to slander the image of this lousy doctor. 

And the behaviour of his clinic, where they would try to shut you down when you speak against them just show what kind of ethic do this clinic practice. When they got caught, his reply was he did not know what his patient rep did just like when you ask him what went wrong on his procedure, he would only say he don't know and he can't answer. This shows what kind of doctor is Tejinder Bhatti.

Looking at the link below you can see how lightly he takes his job. His poor planning, his answers seems to be uninterested in replying to the patient. And how could he say that taking finestride will grow the hair!!!!??? LMAO this is probably the worst answer I have heard from a so called top surgeon. 

Just as how you are amazed, I'm still amazed how this doctor is a recommended doctor here on this forum. When you see the reply from their patient rep, they often talk how great human he is, how their entire neighbourhood  had surgery with him etc and choose to ignore the real serious problem. The longer he is the recommended doctor here, the more patients will get results like this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Badresults said:

@JayLDD  I 100% agree with you. If you look at this forum, Dr.Bhatti has more bad results from his procedure than any other recommended doctor on this forum. Speaking from my results and experiences dealing with this doctor, typically he shows lack of interest in his post op follow up, and when things don't go right, he would not take the blame or try to put the blame on the patient. If you look at his patient rep Shera reply on my first post here, he was trying to tell that I wasn't a right candidate for HT and I was trying to slander the image of this lousy doctor. 

And the behaviour of his clinic, where they would try to shut you down when you speak against them just show what kind of ethic do this clinic practice. When they got caught, his reply was he did not know what his patient rep did just like when you ask him what went wrong on his procedure, he would only say he don't know and he can't answer. This shows what kind of doctor is Tejinder Bhatti.

Looking at the link below you can see how lightly he takes his job. His poor planning, his answers seems to be uninterested in replying to the patient. And how could he say that taking finestride will grow the hair!!!!??? LMAO this is probably the worst answer I have heard from a so called top surgeon. 

Just as how you are amazed, I'm still amazed how this doctor is a recommended doctor here on this forum. When you see the reply from their patient rep, they often talk how great human he is, how their entire neighbourhood  had surgery with him etc and choose to ignore the real serious problem. The longer he is the recommended doctor here, the more patients will get results like this.

You're right, I think its blatantly obvious they shouldn't be recommended and those experienced can see that. Its a bad look for any other surgeons recommended here or those that would consider looking to be recommended. Everyone has preferences and there are surgeons on this forum that are more conservative and some more aggressive, this however is just consistently subpar work.

3 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

You're right, I think its blatantly obvious they shouldn't be recommended and those experienced can see that. Its a bad look for any other surgeons recommended here or those that would consider looking to be recommended. Everyone has preferences and there are surgeons on this forum that are more conservative and some more aggressive, this however is just consistently subpar work.

For some reason they are still recommending him here. It defeats the purpose where future patients could come here and get an idea of consulting a doctor with positive tract record and how the doctors deliver the results. Also, when you tell the patient rep, that you would lodge a report for criminal case, they can even suggest you its not a good idea, because in India it is known that everyone can get away by paying money to the authorities. 

If the clinic practice such mindset, it only shows what kind of level of professionalism they practice in their work and surgery. I feel sad for other doctors in India who really go all out to help their patients, because Darling buds is setting the standard so so low for someone to consider India as hair transplant destination. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Badresults said:

For some reason they are still recommending him here. It defeats the purpose where future patients could come here and get an idea of consulting a doctor with positive tract record and how the doctors deliver the results. Also, when you tell the patient rep, that you would lodge a report for criminal case, they can even suggest you its not a good idea, because in India it is known that everyone can get away by paying money to the authorities. 

If the clinic practice such mindset, it only shows what kind of level of professionalism they practice in their work and surgery. I feel sad for other doctors in India who really go all out to help their patients, because Darling buds is setting the standard so so low for someone to consider India as hair transplant destination. 

I agree. The forum is quickly becoming a graveyard of Dr. Bhatti victims. It's only a matter of time that people stop trusting this website itself and good surgeons stop being associated with it. Which is a terrible outcome since there are some really good and ethical doctors recommended here. 

This is a strange situation for the moderators. After all they get paid from the clinic and it is hard to turn away a source of income. Just like the forum goes through a process of recommending a doctor, there needs to be a thread for removing a recommendation and relying on feedback. Maybe the feedback / voting can be limited to members who have been here for at least a year or a certain number of posts to prevent new accounts being created. But this malaise needs to be stopped now. 

• Like 1

Dr bhatti should take responsibility for this and as I have mentioned before he should go back to his board room n rethink on his technique work n procedures .. international patients n foreigners pay a hefty sum to get their hair transplant done from bhatti n all we get in return is poor results, poor post surgery service, blackmailing by their reps. Poor results due to doctor's negligence is totally unacceptable. Bhatti needs to improve his work as he is neither offering refund nor giving free repairs.. n on top of that there is no guarantee that after second surgery you'll get the desired results. If you mess in the first surgery  it screws your chances of getting a good result in a second surgery 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, watterot said:

I agree. The forum is quickly becoming a graveyard of Dr. Bhatti victims. It's only a matter of time that people stop trusting this website itself and good surgeons stop being associated with it. Which is a terrible outcome since there are some really good and ethical doctors recommended here. 

This is a strange situation for the moderators. After all they get paid from the clinic and it is hard to turn away a source of income. Just like the forum goes through a process of recommending a doctor, there needs to be a thread for removing a recommendation and relying on feedback. Maybe the feedback / voting can be limited to members who have been here for at least a year or a certain number of posts to prevent new accounts being created. But this malaise needs to be stopped now. 

As what you said, I agree almost all the clinics pay to stay on this forum under recommended list of surgeons. That is completely fine, as most of the blogs works that way. However there’s a limit until when a doctor with poor results and poor ethic can stay on as recommended doctors.
With more and more patient comes out with horrible results, plus bullying raps and poor follow up service from doctor would only warn future patients if they are going to consider Dr.Bhatti.

5 hours ago, Yake said:

Dr bhatti should take responsibility for this and as I have mentioned before he should go back to his board room n rethink on his technique work n procedures .. international patients n foreigners pay a hefty sum to get their hair transplant done from bhatti n all we get in return is poor results, poor post surgery service, blackmailing by their reps. Poor results due to doctor's negligence is totally unacceptable. Bhatti needs to improve his work as he is neither offering refund nor giving free repairs.. n on top of that there is no guarantee that after second surgery you'll get the desired results. If you mess in the first surgery  it screws your chances of getting a good result in a second surgery 

No mate, he would not. As per my experience dealing with this doctor and from all other post from his patient you can see majority of his recent patients having failed results. Perhaps 7/10 times. 
If you compare the charges he charge and the results he deliver there is so many other options in India who can deliver better results than his, even those clinics in Turkey where they do few surgeries in a day, with all tech team performing most of surgeries delivers better results than Dr.Bhatti.

And for international patients, he doesn’t really care much as he know some of them would not bother coming back for repair and if they comes back he will charge them further. 

• Administrators

We have never kept surgeons just because they pay us, in fact during the pandemic are sponsorships stopped by half. We kept recommending those surgeons, despite not getting sponsorships because we believe in their work. We take pride in our recommendations and truly want to recommend the very best surgeons. We hear the concerns loud and clear.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

We have never kept surgeons just because they pay us, in fact during the pandemic are sponsorships stopped by half. We kept recommending those surgeons, despite not getting sponsorships because we believe in their work. We take pride in our recommendations and truly want to recommend the very best surgeons. We hear the concerns loud and clear.

Then I think you should really start putting a ratting on all the doctors here. I know some of the doctors are doing really good job and it’s not fair for them when you have one doctor or any other doctor who has been delivering bad results and with the way the clinic behave with their patient.

This would help future patients who come here to seek for guidances before selecting the doctor. 

These cases are most difficult.Obviously the OP didnt get the result he expected and in my opinion he has every right to be disappointed.

The problem is that there are so many variables and reasons.Like anything just because you put maximum care,effort and dedication into something, you can never be guaranteed a perfect outcome.

But at very least when things dont turn out as expected a willingness and desire to try get there is very admirable.

I dont envy your job Melvin!

Melvin,

I honestly feel that this thread has become a breeding ground for "free for all....bash Dr. Bhatti" . Questions are being raised about Dr. Bhatti's  competence as an HT Surgeon and even his membership on this forum here. Recently, this forum was even accused of corruption. When I asked for proof, nothing....silence! Talk is so cheap. Accusations are easy to throw around. A few "not so good HT results" are being used and abused to put pressure on this highly reputed forum to act against an HT Surgeon, who has been a highly reputed Surgeon for the past 28 years! Keep in mind the fact that many of film stars from Bollywood and the Pollywood (Punjab film industry) make Dr. Bhatti their first choice for HT. These are folks for whom cost is not an issue......the end result are. Food for thought!

-------------------------------------

watterot, we hear your concerns loud and clear. Here is what I am a bit confused about. As per Dr. Bhatti, you are in constant contact with him via email and WhatsApp. You have agreed to come back to the Clinic after the lockdown is over in India (after June 1st) for a follow up visit. Is that not the case? If yes, then I would humbly request you to not make a final judgement on whether or not Dr. Bhatti is willing to back you up and take care of your HT aspirations. I agree with you that there is a spot that didn't seem to get any grafts planted. I am not a doctor and won't try to justify anything. From a layman (who also had 4 HT procedures done) point of view, maybe a better plan would have been to just focus on the hairline and the mid-scalp area and leave the crown for a future time (if and when you chose to do that).
------------------------------
JayLDD, you have said, "I don't say this lightly, but I am 100% sure that if I trained for less than a month I could produce equivalent results". Really? Well, I wish it was so easy to become a doctor and a surgeon. So, going with that logic, if you train for 2 months, then you might be able to do a heart surgery or a brain surgery. Right? You are talking "lightly" about a Surgeon with 28 years of plastic surgery experience and thousands of successful cases. A few 'not to good results' and 'anyone' can do a "better" job than him! Let's ALL become Surgeons.....takes just 1 MONTH!!!
--------------------------------
Badresults....quoting you, "Also, when you tell the patient rep, that you would lodge a report for criminal case, they can even suggest you its not a good idea, because in India it is known that everyone can get away by paying money to the authorities".....
YOU KNOW THAT THAT IS NOT TRUE. So, unfortunate that you decided to twist my words. After speaking with you over the phone for over an hour, this is what you got from that conversation? Why the untruth? Did I not repeatedly tell you that you should do what you think is good and feasible for you. You said that you would like to file a police case and I said that you should absolutely do what you like. In passing, I shared my opinion about the legal system in India (IN GENERAL). Now you make it sound as if I was trying to discourage you from doing whatever you would like to do. So, for the record, PLEASE GO AHEAD AND DO WHAT YOU THINK IS GOOD FOR YOU AND FEASIBLE FOR YOU. PLEASE. WE LIVE IN A FREE WORLD. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT YOU THINK IS GOOD FOR YOU.

-----------------------------------------
Yake, you said, "Bhatti needs to improve his work as he is neither offering refund nor giving free repairs". 
With all due respect, I have to disagree. We offered a full "redo" (not just repair) HT to Badresults. He decided to decline that offer (I respect this opinion and reasons for doing that). We were not able to offer a refund (as would be the case with 99% of reputed HT Clinics, worldwide). So, the assumption that we are not willing to backup our Patients is not accurate.

All the best,

California

54 minutes ago, California said:

-------------------------------------

watterot, we hear your concerns loud and clear. Here is what I am a bit confused about. As per Dr. Bhatti, you are in constant contact with him via email and WhatsApp. You have agreed to come back to the Clinic after the lockdown is over in India (after June 1st) for a follow up visit. Is that not the case? If yes, then I would humbly request you to not make a final judgement on whether or not Dr. Bhatti is willing to back you up and take care of your HT aspirations. I agree with you that there is a spot that didn't seem to get any grafts planted. I am not a doctor and won't try to justify anything. From a layman (who also had 4 HT procedures done) point of view, maybe a better plan would have been to just focus on the hairline and the mid-scalp area and leave the crown for a future time (if and when you chose to do that).
------------------------------

Hi California,

If you have indeed had a conversation with Dr. Bhatti then I'm surprised there is any scope for confusion. I was clear in my mail (prior to posting my thread here) that I will be sharing my pictures with other doctors and seeking the views of forum members here. I would really encourage you to go through the entire mail exchange between me and Dr. Bhatti over the last six months (if you do indeed have access to it). It will give you an idea of how he has not given me an honest answer to why the spot have left. And I have been asking him since the day after the procedure. 

Hair transplants are no guarantees of course. But the support I have been given has been atrocious. In my case, simply being honest and upfront about why such a decision would have helped me. Instead Dr. Bhatti simply resorted to one liners - shortage of grafts, keeping taking finasteride and growth will come, etc. You're a HT veteran yourself, how would you feel if the doctor told you that he fell short of grafts when indeed he planted 1100 graft in the crown after leaving the area bare? And not once, but multiple times. 

I may still go and visit Dr. Bhatti for a review, but I'm honestly in no position to let him operate on me again. I respect his 'no refunds' policy and I have no intention of pushing for it.  I have started planning ahead for the next procedure and I just want to move on with my life at this point. 

I understand you're his rep and I have no interest in anyone 'bashing' him. I only speak for myself and my experience in dealing with him and the clinic. Since I was his patient I wanted nothing more than to see him be successful. But you should ask yourself why people on this forum have been so critical of him off-late. This is not a question of a few "not-so-good" results. Dr. Bhatti too should go over this forum and evaluate how can do support his patients better. Or at least be honest and upfront when mistakes are made. As they were in my case. 

Regards,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, watterot said:

Hi California,

If you have indeed had a conversation with Dr. Bhatti then I'm surprised there is any scope for confusion. I was clear in my mail (prior to posting my thread here) that I will be sharing my pictures with other doctors and seeking the views of forum members here. I would really encourage you to go through the entire mail exchange between me and Dr. Bhatti over the last six months (if you do indeed have access to it). It will give you an idea of how he has not given me an honest answer to why the spot have left. And I have been asking him since the day after the procedure. 

Hair transplants are no guarantees of course. But the support I have been given has been atrocious. In my case, simply being honest and upfront about why such a decision would have helped me. Instead Dr. Bhatti simply resorted to one liners - shortage of grafts, keeping taking finasteride and growth will come, etc. You're a HT veteran yourself, how would you feel if the doctor told you that he fell short of grafts when indeed he planted 1100 graft in the crown after leaving the area bare? And not once, but multiple times. 

I may still go and visit Dr. Bhatti for a review, but I'm honestly in no position to let him operate on me again. I respect his 'no refunds' policy and I have no intention of pushing for it.  I have started planning ahead for the next procedure and I just want to move on with my life at this point. 

I understand you're his rep and I have no interest in anyone 'bashing' him. I only speak for myself and my experience in dealing with him and the clinic. Since I was his patient I wanted nothing more than to see him be successful. But you should ask yourself why people on this forum have been so critical of him off-late. This is not a question of a few "not-so-good" results. Dr. Bhatti too should go over this forum and evaluate how can do support his patients better. Or at least be honest and upfront when mistakes are made. As they were in my case. 

Regards,

Hi Watterot,

Thank you for a very fair and well balanced post. I am not privy to the email exchange between you and Dr. Bhatti. Being Dr. Bhatti's Patient Advisor does not mean that I have to defend every action of his. It seems that you did not get the kind of support from the Clinic that you deserved as a Patient. There can be and should be no excuse for that. I can only apologize on the Clinic's behalf at this point and make sure that the Clinic works harder to provide the customer service that we have always prided ourselves upon. Seems that there is definitely a room for improvement here. 

As I mentioned before, I am not here to justify why a spot on your scalp did not get planted. However, I am glad that you are considering going back to Dr. Bhatti for a follow up visit. I hope and pray that you are able to achieve your HT goals and aspirations, with or without Dr. Bhatti. 

From our Clinic side, I can commit to you that we will support you the best we can, should you ask for it. That is the least we can do for you and our other Patients. 

Please feel free to send me a PM if you need my help. I will be on standby.

Best regards,

California