Hair whorl or baldness

Agrinch, 

It looks like a normal whorl pattern and not a crown affected by male pattern hair loss. How old are you? Are you seeing any changes near the hairline region? 

• Like 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I don't think you need to worry. It's perfectly normal to see some scalp through a healthy non-balding crown. Try to put it out if your mind and move on.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

9 hours ago, agrichards3 said:

Hi thanks for answering, I'm 17, nearly 18 and no I haven't seen any changes in my hairline.

Then I would definitely say it is a normal crown whorl. Try to check up on it periodically and keep an eye on it, but try not to let it dominate your thoughts. It is very easy to fall into the trap of "obsessing" over little areas like this you think may be thinning. Early intervention is great when it comes to progressive hair loss and you should check periodically to make sure things are not rapidly changing, but try not to get too "hung up" on little perceived differences in the short term. 

• Like 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.