When did the front hairs fully come in for you?

My DH had FUT, single hairs in front and multi-grafts behind that. He’s at 5 months, 1 week. Overall it’s looking good, seems to be the classic case. His scalp is still pink, and it’s only noticeable in certain lights or full daylight.

one side the front hairs seem to be coming in well, the other side perhaps 50% of that. I know when those front hairs grow in, everything will look much more “normal”, even if one still has months left to wait. When did you find your front hairline completely come through? Or enough that people stopped looking at your hair?

Typically 1 year.  In some cases it can take longer.  Is your DH Anglo?  If you are pale, it will take a bit longer for the redness to dissipate.  Can you provide photos?

Suggestion?  Take photos monthly.  Keep track of the growth.  Find out who specifically worked on each side of his head.  Sometimes results can be staff driven, (experience, etc).

Return to the doctor's office at 6 months and at 1 year and bring up the subject.  Have them take photos and get them involved.  If there is something wrong, it will be easier to get them to help.  

Thanks, yes he is Anglo but not pale. I am taking monthly pictures and he is very private, so I can’t do that. The same doc worked on his head and he went in at 4 months and they thought he was fine. I don’t think he asked this question, I tend to be the one who wants more answers at each stage...I feel like I’ve been on this journey with him.  Good to know one year, I guess it’s the same as the rest of his head.

I am at 9 months, and everything seems to be going good.  I will reevaluate at 1 year, and take final pictures.  At 5 months I was not so sure.  

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Helper, he seems to be in that transition time when you aren't sure if you did the right thing.  I went through that same thing twice, and then poof everything was alright.  I may be wrong, but I don't think many people are satisfied at 5 months.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

6 hours ago, Helper said:

He thinks he’s in a new popping stage because his scalp tingles and he feels lumps and getting more pimples, sees scabs. It drives him crazy.

It would seem strange to have scabs at 5 months.  What does the doctor say.  I never knew when my hair was growing.  It was so gradual that it would be like watching grass grow.  Perhaps some of the people who have experienced the pimples and bumps will chime in here.  My scalp never tingled, but I may be the weird one on here.  I heal rather quickly despite taking blood thinners.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:02 AM, Helper said:

He thinks he’s in a new popping stage because his scalp tingles and he feels lumps and getting more pimples, sees scabs. It drives him crazy.

The pimples and bumps are normal.  The follicle comes with a gland. As the hair starts coming in, the glad does not know what to do and a pimple forms.  Once the hair starts growing, all of this returns to normal.  There is also bacteria involved that crawls in.  1/2 doz of these is typically normal. Again, this is just a sign that the hair is growing.

Most believe hair starts growing at the 4 month mark post procedure.  The first growth is rather weak. The hair is bellus like and the shaft will thicken as it matures.  Takes a good year to see the full result, and sometimes this can be delayed up to 18 months.

Let it be and be patient.

I am at four month mark of my HT and i had 5000 grafts FUT. I also feel that tingling sensation on my scalp which i feel is due to hair coming out. I saw lot of other people really had good results even at 4 months mark but when i look mine it feels like a very slow growth. So i guess i am also in that not so sure phase. Hoping to see some good results in around 5-6 months mark or maybe later.