Thoughts on getting a HT without hair being stabilised.

Hey all,

Has anyone had a HT without their hairloss seemingly being stabilised? 

I understand that most people who get a HT will still be thinning at some level, even if they don't know it - but can any issues arise if one is thinning quite a bit?

Or, if they are still receding slowly? 

I suppose I'm wondering whether temporary thinning can impact the donor harvesting. Probably a question for more experienced fellows, but thought I'd ask.

Not an expert on this by any means but this was my thinking going into a hair transplant: Even though I’m on meds there is a likely chance I’ll still continue to lose hair. This means I’ll likely need more procedures down the line. Ideally, if your younger, you want your hair relatively stable/slower or at least be able to know your final loss pattern so you can plan around it accordingly. Many ethical doctors won’t even perform surgery on younger patients not on meds unless the expectations of surgery are brought way down. Hair loss is pretty unpredictable and there are cases of some guys who seemingly go bald in a relatively short amount of time and that’s why doctors don’t want to take the risk. Again, I’m no expert and this is all my opinion

I've had surgeons tell me that if doesn't need to be stable.

Admittedly I don't know about thinning, as in if the donor is thin, whether that makes a difference to the follicles removed.

Probably needs to be fielded by a surgeon or rep.

56 minutes ago, Markee said:

Hair loss is progressive most should expect to loose more hair as we get older 

true. But you can have a long stable period.

My father went to norwood 3 at 28 & slight diffuse on top.

Was stable until he was 60 until is started diffusing again.

Hair loss is unpredictable