Dr. Arocha - 2 FUT Sessions - 3500 combined grafts

This patient has undergone two FUT procedures with Dr. Arocha.

1st procedure: approximately 2500 grafts
2nd procedure: approximately 1000 grafts

The after images were taken 1 year and 5 months after his very first procedure.

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Looks to me like the front half was pretty thin in the before pictures with that tuft around the forelock hanging on a bit better than the rest of the hair. 

That thin area behind the forelock looks like it has largely been filled, and the forelock seems like it has a bit more density/fullness as well. Curious about the graft placement breakdown for the two procedures.

10 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Waiting on @LaserCap to come respond to this thread...

Let's review this one photo by photo.  Photo 1, photo 2.,

Is it the lighting? Patient seems to have colored his hair, far more vibrant on photo 2.  Photo 1 kind of dull. But look at photo 2. The reverse applies.  What is interesting to note is the doctor's markings as to where it was agreed to work prior to the procedure.  Now compare the photos.......Photo 2 does seem fuller.  Go back and review the numbers.  1000 grafts which helped to enhance a weaker area.  (Mind you, there could have been ongoing native loss. It would be interesting to learn if the patient is doing any type of medical therapy). 

The next set of photos, and you really need to look and pay attention, the marking slopes down dramatically.  If you look at the after photo, particularly to the  end point, towards the temporal point, you'll notice very sparse density.  Almost as if the doctor intended for this line not to approach full density, but to allow for stagger grafts.  This provides for another level of naturalness. 

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. Dr. Arocha will be back in the office tomorrow so I'll be able to get more from him in regards to graft placement, current medical regimen, etc... for this particular patient. 

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to view our patient result and commenting. As promised, Dr. Arocha is back and provided additional explanation for this case.

"This gentleman has a persistent anterior fringe with a juvenile remnant forelock at the midline. He had moderate/severe thinning and recession of the hairline and frontal to mid-scalp areas. He came to see me for help to reestablish a framing and density in the frontal and hairline area. As you can see from these additional views, the thinning was very significant in the frontal area because the remnant forelock was too aggressive, I elected to create a more mature hairline that maximized the framing of his face. The patient is thrilled with his hair restoration outcome." - Dr. Arocha

Additional views to help clarify (note: the "after" image in this set is a bit blurry, but we wanted to show you the result). 

thumb__DC14514_1024.jpg

thumb__DC19091_1024.jpg

The new photo illustrates my suspicion pretty well. Lots of general thinning back there that was concealed either by the patient's hairstyle choice, angle of the original photos, or both. Thanks for sharing.

One thought I did have: since Dr. Arocha seems to work almost exclusively with a no shave approach it might be helpful to snap a post op photo or two where possible. A couple of his patients have been sharing their progress on the forums and the redness in the post ops usually helps give an idea of where grafts were placed. It's a unique challenge with no shave work when a patient has more diffuse thinning rather than an obvious pattern.

Always nice to see these cases of subtle transplantation into existing hair.

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The new photo illustrates my suspicion pretty well. Lots of general thinning back there that was concealed either by the patient's hairstyle choice, angle of the original photos, or both. Thanks for sharing.

One thought I did have: since Dr. Arocha seems to work almost exclusively with a no shave approach it might be helpful to snap a post op photo or two where possible. A couple of his patients have been sharing their progress on the forums and the redness in the post ops usually helps give an idea of where grafts were placed. It's a unique challenge with no shave work when a patient has more diffuse thinning rather than an obvious pattern.

Always nice to see these cases of subtle transplantation into existing hair.

Hi Mycroft, 

I can definitely start showing some images of patients immediately post-op. We do take these photos, so I can show them if ya'll want to see them! 

Thank you!

• Thanks 1