Longevita Yasemin Turgut

ASeda

I’m having my fue on Monday 10th June 2019 with Longevita, the dr is Yasemin Turgut. There is very little information on the internet, so I decided to make this post to show others how my operation goes in the hope that it will help others. I have attached my picture pre opp. 

A0C1E975-DB67-480D-A368-A33B7EDCD4F4.jpeg

Good photo. Did you have a consultation?  What were you told? What did you decide?  How many grafts?  Where are they going to place them? Were you told about any type of medical therapy? Did they give you post op instructions?  Lastly, who did the consultation? Did you meet with the doctor?

Yes I met a lady in London, not the doctor who is in turkey. First they would do front and middle and then I would have to come back after 6 months to do the top.  About 3500 grafts for the first operation. They said I would get post op instructions. I think they will do that all professionally, just depends if the doctor and technicians are good. Hardly any information on the net despite the dr doing these operations for 15 years, don’t know if that is a good thing or bad thing. 

Did the lady show you TONS of photos of the doctor's work?  If he's been doing it for 15 years, I am certain they keep an album of their work. You seem to have a lot of miniaturized hair.  Sometimes this miniaturization can be reversed with the use of meds.  Propecia, Rogaine, Laser and PRP are the modalities we typically discuss when dealing with hair loss.  Hopefully they mentioned these to you.

Once you do move forward with the surgery, give it a year and then reconsider your options.  Are you doing FUT or FUE?

I am concerned ....you indicated "if the doctor and technicians are good.......You are not sure of this? Do you think, if the doctor was good that he would be easy to find?

3500 grafts placed diffusely through the front and top will allow for a bit more density than what you currently have, (depending on how far back he works). Is this the most he said he could harvest?

No I didn’t see pictures from this doctor beforehand as they have three doctors and I didn’t know which one I would get. 

Im having fue

Regarding not much comments on the internet, perhaps there have been no bad experiences, and that’s why. 

Forget the money aspect for a minute.  You do realize whatever you get, good or bad is permanent?  

Did the lady consultant ever say anything about these doctors?  Anyone better than the other?

Why are you having FUE?  Do you plan to shave the hair in the donor area? You are going to need every single graft you can harvest given your pattern.  You could exhaust FUE first. in the end, you could put FUE grafts on the scar need be.

I would turn around now and ask for your money back. Cut your losses on the flight. If you end up with the results i have from this surgeon you will regret it for the rest of your life. The result is not the worst part either with me its the donor damage shes done, meaning a repair is now going to be hard to achieve if at all possible and very expensive. There are a lot of people happy with their results through longevita but i unfortunately couldn't be less happy. I cant be the only one either.

Trouble is I searched the entire web for negative reviews and yours was the only one I could find. It did give me concern, but without any pictures I wasn’t sure if it was real or not, I thought it could be posts for a competitor. And out of all the operations they do, if it were that bad I would expect more than one bad review.  That’s one of the reasons I’m documenting my procedure in full, so that once and for all there is something out there for people to see. Hope this helps people in the future. No turning back now. 

So far it’s been good, pick up from airport was on time, nice car, hotel is fine. The area of the hotel is busy, lots of shops and restaurants, felt very safe. 

Staff were friendly and helpful at the clinic. 

The injection for the local anaesthetic hurt. Rest of the operation was pain free.

Had PRP too, for £250. 

The technicians took the graphs out, and Yasmine did the cuts for the graphs, which I was told was the most important thing.  Then the techs inserted the graphs. 

The interpreter was with me and really put me at easy. Big thank you to her. She explained that the team had worked together for a long time and were experienced. 

And now we wait for the results. I’ll try to do monthly pictures.   Anyone have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s been a month now. Donor area looks okay, it’s been a bit itchy, didn’t really think about how long the recovery period is, hopefully it will be worth it in the end. It’s a constant itch, a hair wash helps to relieve it for a while. Also feel some tingling sensation in the donor area.  Apparently the itchiness and tingling feelings are good signs that it is healing and new nerves are growing. 

On top shedding started and I can see new hairs growing. 

A192D2E0-A2E1-4B49-97C9-68D2528C8371.jpeg

0B305422-A1BF-474C-883A-15DCA896B2D7.jpeg

79B8C938-E8B5-4E67-8975-17D526224E70.jpeg

898292CE-930C-45C8-8AF5-FE7F31AE3B0E.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi ASeda, have you got an update to share for the last 30 days? Are you seeing further growth?

I am planning to have my hair transplant with the same surgeon at Longevita so I'm very interested in how you are getting on.

Thank you,

Nylonhair

Edited by Nylonhair

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. 

Pictures below taken 2.5 months. 

The itchiness is about 70% better, still some nights when I feel like scratching it.  

Waiting for hair to grow takes longer than watching paint dry ! lol 

i can see tiny very thin hair growing, which I hope will get thicker in the future. At this stage it feels like a long wait and lots of hope that the next few months will show thicker hair. Just hanging in there.

My sides of the hair are still much thicker than the top, so I feel conscious that the top looks thin.

Donor area looking okay. 

Any thoughts guys?

41136C49-EFEF-4D9E-AD0D-299A9B19FD45.jpeg

F7E28D86-C914-4C88-AF9D-7C16E9297EE9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...