Jiveturkey82

Dr. Diep 2,043 Grafts - 35 yr old Asian Male

Hmm honestly you should text that exact picture you posted to Dr. Diep and ask what he thinks about it. He responds fast and will tell you if you need a steroid shot (if it's alopecia areata) to fix it or not.  @Jiveturkey82

• Like 1

Month 1 - a good amount of hair has shed, this began in week 2 and now looks like this on top at month 1.

Month 1 top.jpg

Posted (edited)

Month 1 - back and sides.  Some shock loss in the back created bald spots.  Not sure if it is my imagination, but I have a lot  more white hairs on the harvested side now lol.

Month 1 back.jpg

Month 1 Right.jpg

Month 1 Left.jpg

Edited by Jiveturkey82

Finally got my graft count (it's actually 2,041 grafts)

• Singles: 314 
  • Doubles: 1,008
  • Triples: 587
  • Quads: 132

Total Grafts: 2,041

Total Hairs: 4,619

• Like 1

Month 2 update - most of the hair has shed.  A bit concerned at this point as not a lot of stubble/regrowth has happened.  Also, not sure if this a coincidence or not, but I suddenly have a lot of gray hairs....comparing my pre-op pictures on page to now...it is a significance difference.  Donor area also does not look good.

I actually inspired one of my coworkers to go get a HT.  He said he had been looking for awhile and after I did it...seeing how people didn't really think it was a big deal nudged him to  just do it.  He actually just went to a local HT doctor, Ken Williams.  What was surprising about his donor area after coming back 1.5 weeks after operation...you couldn't even tell  he had a HT.  No scarring, no redness...no holes.  It was amazing compared to my donor area....

IMG_20190728_171516847.jpg

IMG_20190728_171505207.jpg

IMG_20190728_171536344.jpg

IMG_20190728_171549833.jpg

Hey man dont worry at all. Im certain you shouldnt notice any tubble at month 2 as that is the peak of the ugly duckling phase from what most people experience

3 Month Update: Things moving a bit slower than I would like, but looks like there is some stuff happening.  Right side looks really thin still and I suspect it is over harvested.  Gray hairs coming out like crazy, wonder if it is just a coincidence...

Front 3 Month.jpg

Top 3 Month.jpg

Right 3 Month.jpg

Back 3 Month.jpg

Left 3 Month.jpg

hey man thats a lot of baby hairs coming in youre actually exactly where im at right now to be honest so we gotta trust the process!

• Like 1

You seem right on track for 3 months. Things are progressing as expected at 3 months. I think this will be an awesome result. The donor looks better as well. Happy growing 🙌

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.