26M Sikh 2k FuE Post 18 months. Shaved hair however. Need honest thoughts.

Hey guys. Apologies for the crap quality. On mobile phone.  https://imgur.com/a/51lFfIz

That is the album. I posted my pics from the Fue 2000 graft HT from Robert Jones (Ontario) back in the past at November 2017. I need some honest advice with this. Do you guys think this looks good? Or rather, this is how hair grafts and black hairs are supposed to look for FuE? I let it grow for 2-3 months back in the past but was disappointed with this. This is 1 week grown hair this time because I shaved and was confused about the results. It's not thick and it doesn't look anything like my own hair, which I figured is the main reason why people get HTs. Even on the sides, the transplanted hairs grew in a different shape but it didn't look anything thick at all. 

A part of me wants to lazer hair removal and perhaps retry once more.

I spoke to another HT surgeon canidate that I considered in the past and his suggestion isn't to remove anything but get another HT but this time a lot more. This time 2k FUT grafts but add it everywhere, even on the area where I am losing my hair. Thanks. I live in Canada Ontario. I am considering Hassan and Wong and will gladly pay a premium this time if I can get this shit done for good. 

IMG_20171116_113615.jpg

IMG_20171116_113626.jpg

IMG_20171116_113638.jpg

IMG_20190604_011720.jpg

IMG_20190604_011747.jpg

IMG_20190604_011756.jpg

IMG_20190604_011801.jpg

IMG_20190604_011804.jpg

IMG_20190604_011817.jpg

IMG_20190604_011818.jpg

IMG_20190604_011820.jpg

Updated for corner spot picture. Please reply when you can guys. Need some advice here. If you notice at the pics, there aren't that many thick hairs and the space between each hair graft isn't that close. Just wanted to know what you guys think and ask for options.

Again, apologies for the crap pictures. I should've also posted pictures of few months grown in.

IMG_20190604_020012.jpg

@Kickbuttmario Sorry to hear about your experience and below the par results. In my honest opinion, this is not close to what is expected after 2000 grafts 18 months later. There is definitely not enough growth, unusual angles/direction, multiple hairs in near the temple points (which looks out of place) and density is just low. I also think that the Temple point approach and reconstruction was exaggerated in principle and under managed in practice (big area with low density). Better photos could give a better judgment but the good news is that it can be repaired if your donor is good (which I assume is still is). 

Another option considering you shave at the moment is SMP. It can redraw everything and make everything blended nicely with less down time and a more immediate effect. You can also use SMP as a temporary route until you do the repair HT

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Oh man, sorry for what you’re going through, this sucks.

Honestly, before you go through with another ht procedure I would seriously look into microneedling and get yourself a derma roller or pen and give that a try on the areas with Minoxidil 5% and some MSM, Biotin suppliments and see if it can help stimulate any growth in those areas. If after a few months it’s the same, I’d look into getting a sample SMP done to test the look., and if that it’s any good then I’d look for the best ht repair surgeon.

Best of Luck! 

• Like 1

@DrTBarghouthi @CosmoKramer

Hey. Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll be doing any SMP or anything. I don't know if I want to take minoxidil as I am currently taking 1.25mg of propecia. I do plan on doing a repair HT but I want to ask you guys if you know any good names? I am thinking of Hassan and Wong in Vancouver. I am poor at the moment but plan on going back to work, and parents said they will definitely help. What do you guys think? Again, I live in Canada.

And yeah. This HT sucks absolute dog shit. I had this alopecia occur for me a decade ago and spent so much time thinking about my hair and then I finally got it and it was a failure. 

@Kickbuttmario it will be nice to see photos of your pre surgery pattern. Your temporal recession is quite pronounced for a classic male pattern balding. Please share them here if you have any of those. Ofcourse Hasson and Wong are excellent and one of the recommended here.

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Hi KickbuttMario,

Some precise analysis there from DrTBarghouthi.

Your pre surgery pics are still online at the link below

I wish you'd not rushed into this 18 months ago. I know you had regrets the moment you got home after the surgery.

But saying that we are told again and again how North American clinics are regulated etc, perhaps you should first try to go to one of these so called regulation bodies and at least try to get your something back.

As for your current situation, it will be too much hassle to get any grafts removed and as stated before if you are happy to keep your hair that short its pointless in you going for another hair surgery. You should seriously consider SMP as recommended to you in your previous post above. Why waste thousands of dollars on new hair that no one will ever see?

Thank you @Shera for posting that link. Yes I did suspect some unusual pattern there. I was worried about you having some scarring alopecia of some sort considering your temporal pattern or some triangular alopecia, but traction alopecia makes sense now with you wearing a turban. I guess now the real question is will you be still wearing the turban following surgery? There will always be a risk of ongoing traction post surgery ofcourse. So this is a very important consideration. It is a similar situation to trichotillomania (people pulling their hair) which in itself is a contra-indication to surgery. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@Shera @DrTBarghouthi

Hey thanks for the replies. Before I go on, I would like to say: Yo wattup Shera! I fucking called it! I knew this HT I got 18 months ago was shit. I had this horrible fucking feeling that there was something awful about it. God damn .Also, I had dreams of me being bald and me just being anxious once more. For me to realize everything about this was what hurt me is just heartbreaking. 

Second, as for the SMP question, I decided to not do it. Remember when you (Shera) told me to let my hair grow.... Well, It turns out, I would've been a good looking person the entire time. It turns out I just had shit family members and friends that did not care for me and the result of what I am now was actually formentioned by neglect and apathy. 

I will not be wearing a turban ever again. I will let the hair grow but I want a neat hair line and hair growth and proper hair direction. This hair line I got from Robert Jones just wasn't that great. I don't know what went wrong but something definitely occured. 

I spoke to a HT surgeon I considered a while back but I didn't get the impression he was that confident. He told me that my HT didn't look that bad and he has seen worse. He said that any transplant I get, I can never hair density to what my original is. I will make a post about this once more but this time I will post 1-2-3 month update pics just to let you guys know on how it actually looked. 

Besides that, what regulation bodies are you speaking of? 

PS. Another question. I have gotten different suggestions as to what the hair line should be. Some HTs were gonna go more conservative and traditional while some would try to replicate what my hairline would've been but hair is put a little bit back. Some said that it would unnatural. What do you guys think?

Hey Kickbuttmario, grow you hair out for a good few weeks so it can be assessed properly.

As for regulations, I'm sure some of your fellow North Americans can help you out here...............or maybe its just a myth that clinics and surgical procedures are regulated in that part of the world, after all a certain clinic beginning with 'BO' seems to have got panned since the dawn of time and yet it's still fully operational!

Edited by Shera

No, it should look better, but shaving your hair after covering such a large bald area with 2000 grafts is never going to be your best option even if you had a 100% graft survival rate. Grow it out and it and see how looks in terms of coverage and direction. See you in about 3 weeks.

I agree with @Shera. Grow it longer to see the extent of coverage. It shouldn't look like this 18 months post op, but growing it can give a slightly different insight as to what the best line of action is. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 6 months later...

@Shera @DrTBarghouthi

Hey. Apologies for uploading so late. I sorta fell into a stupor and forgot about this entire thing. I let the hair grow for a few weeks and 2-3 months, and took pictures once more. I am posting a lot more pictures so apologies for the amount but just wanted to get your expert opinions.What do you think of it? Are hair transplants normally supposed to look like this? This is FUE. I spoke to another surgeon and he said it looks "okay, i've seen worse". I've seen some good before and after traction alopecia treatment for sikhs and I was hoping Robert Jones could fix the job but I suppose he could not. 

Also, at this point, I am willing to try and take all suggestions but I just want my hair to ultimately look good. Any help is appreciated. Even from other users. Thanks. 

IMG_20191229_223458.jpg

IMG_20191229_221942.jpg

IMG_20191229_223054.jpg

IMG_20191229_223103.jpg

IMG_20191229_223256.jpg

IMG_20191229_223438.jpg

IMG_20191229_223445.jpg

IMG_20191229_223452.jpg

IMG_20191229_221810.jpg

IMG_20191229_223140.jpg

IMG_20191016_162628.jpg

IMG_20191016_162630.jpg

IMG_20191016_162655.jpg

IMG_20191016_162700.jpg

IMG_20191229_221929.jpg

IMG_20191229_221934.jpg

IMG_20191229_223244.jpg

IMG_20191229_223250.jpg

You live in Canada, right? So IMHO situation is clear...go with H&W! You would feel better with cash in hand and actual hairline or spend that money and have HT in the best clinic in the whole f* world and be able to say "I did what i could"? :) Don't waste your grafts. Good luck!

15 hours ago, zirke said:

You live in Canada, right? So IMHO situation is clear...go with H&W! You would feel better with cash in hand and actual hairline or spend that money and have HT in the best clinic in the whole f* world and be able to say "I did what i could"? :) Don't waste your grafts. Good luck!

Yes I am strongly considering them. I spoke to William Rassman and he told me he would do me a Fut transplant for 2.5-3k grafts for 15k USD. I was considering him because I heard he's the top guy but was also thinking of hassan and wong because people told me they're good too. 

Kickbutt, tuhada Ki haal hay?  Sorry to see you going through this process.  You should look at a few cases Of traction alopecia posted by Hasson Wong.  They seem to do a good job and had success with it. You current hair angulation and density seems off for the number of grafts done.  Angulation and proper lateral slits are key to make this more natural.  Hope you can move forward and get through this.  I am currently in a mess too and trying to look natural.  Best of luck man

20 hours ago, Sean said:

Kickbutt, tuhada Ki haal hay?  Sorry to see you going through this process.  You should look at a few cases Of traction alopecia posted by Hasson Wong.  They seem to do a good job and had success with it. You current hair angulation and density seems off for the number of grafts done.  Angulation and proper lateral slits are key to make this more natural.  Hope you can move forward and get through this.  I am currently in a mess too and trying to look natural.  Best of luck man

Happy new year and I am doing well. I am considering those guys too. Was hoping for opinions on it Dr Rassman as well if anyone can share. I am sorry to hear about your issue too. I lost way too much hair because of this issue. Really wish to relieve it all. 

Also hope @Shera and @DrTBarghouthi can give a reply soon. Thanks!

Happy New Year to you all. Thanks for posting more pics! Yes it is obvious that the density is low and that the angles and direction of hair is off too. A good repair would be needed. You will need around 3000 grafts considering the area that needs coverage. You might be able to camouflage some of the more odd angled grafts or even extracting some and placing them back in a more appropriate manner. 
Both H&W and Dr. Rassman are excellent surgeons ofcourse. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Hi Kickbutt,

Again I would go along with the good Dr's thoughts above.  The angulation of the placed grafts is particularly shoddy but it can be somewhat hidden by more grafts implanted in the correct direction.

It would be good if you could post pictures of your entire head so it is clear where your hairline should be in correlational with the rest of your face, head size/shape. 3000 grafts should definitely do it but you should also take into account your tender age and the possibility of future balding. With 2000 grafts already gone and another 3000 just into the hairline you might just be selling yourself a bit short with regards to available grafts for possible future procedures.

Remember hair loss is progressive; I know your current issues are a result of Traction Alopecia but this does not mean you will not start the process of natural balding.

It would be useful if you posted clearer pics of the whole of your head, top, front, sides and back (clearly showing your available donor), so a more accurate recommendation can be made.

I hope that makes sense, feel free to PM/whatsapp me if you wish me to clarify things further.