Cracks one week post HT

Hello,

I am new here and i had my hair transplant FUE procedure one week ago. Everything went well, but few days later I noticed some channels or markings in my area of transplantation. I am following up with my doctor and he reassured me that it is normal for this to happen as the skin is healing. Is this normal? any of you experienced this before? It gets me anxious to think about me doing anything to damage them or if anything went wrong with the transplant. I have some photos here:

QSWM4148.jpg

VLQV9556.jpg

SKXS8134.jpg

BVAK9977.jpg

VYLZ2708.jpg

RVGJ6155.jpg

DVJO6837.jpg

JJRN5338.jpg

NNEG7297.jpg

MFBM5806.jpg

QOOR8305.jpg

XOAG9190.jpg

JLEC8776.jpg

OHWN9282.jpg

VYCJ7721.jpg

Looks normal.

Looking at the first few photos it seems you are thinning the hairline and the area right behind it.  I am mindful that you have dark hair and light scalp and this is contributing to the problem.  I note that the doctor worked in front of all of this and may have brought your hairline down about a cm.  I am surprised, given the thinning, that he did not blend grafts into that area.  You will probably have to consider more grafts down the road. Did you talk to the doctor about doing some type of medical therapy to help you with retention and enhancement of the native hair?  Laser might be a good idea as this tends to have an effect throughout the whole head. PRP would also be a good option.

Thank you. @LaserCap

Yes I was advised to commence on LLLT and I am just waiting on the device. I am already on propecia to stablizie things. I do have some grafts blended in but probably things look worse with the wet hair and the fact that the dye they use for the sites did not hold well in behind the main balding area, so you can see some of the normal colored grafts. We did discuss further procedures as a possibility since my family has a NW 4 pattern mostly. I was keen on having that frontal area done well and so after discussion I went for 1800 grafts in that part. I hope with the maintenance treatments I will only need smaller sessions going forward. Again, my hairline wasn't lowered by more than few mm. Most of the drawing was done to cover the area in the front that was getting see through and also there was more shaving done in the front to clear all the thin hair. 

• Administrators

Those cracks are normal nothing to worry about.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.