Doctors who perform the the whole (or most) of the surgery by themselves

Its my first post here and hope to get some support and answers.

I live in Dubai and was going to have a hair transplant here with some little research, but thankfully I found this forum before taking any step.

After going through this forum(for 3 months now), I held back from doing the surgery(and feeling down agian) until I am more aware and knowledgable. 

I am also not feeling comfortable with the idea of technicians and nurses performing on my head.

1) Could you please give me a list of doctors who perform the the whole surgery by themselves or most of the surgery? So I could start my research from here.

2) And I was also wondering is turkey a good place for hair transplant?

I know that "dr.rasul yaman" and "dr.koray" are recommended by this forum, 

I've seen good result with dr. rasul yaman but what make me feel suspicious is the  "very low" price. Dont get me wrong its a good price, but too good to be true. 

and for dr. Koray , after seeing several horrible results from users here ( hope all of them will get it sort out) which I believe in my opinion is the cause of unexperienced technicians , this clinic is out of my list, unless there is a good excuse for their failed recent surgeries.

Konior did just about everything with my procedure, and I believe Gabel and Cooley follow a similar philosophy in the US. 

I wouldn’t necessarily avoid tech heavy clinics entirely, but I would call ahead and make sure those working on your case have at least a few years of experience.

There are around 100 threads like that in here. Doc only is not automatically the best approach especially for a bigger case. Some of the very best clinics use techs.

Anyway, just out of the top of my head a list of clinics with heavy doc involvement 

Lupanzula 

Konior and nadimi 

Keser

Kaan

HLC 

Hei(t) mann

3 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

I wouldn’t necessarily avoid tech heavy clinics entirely, but I would call ahead and make sure those working on your case have at least a few years of experience.

I thought of that, but how can I make sure that the techs who will perform are experienced? I mean some clinic could say what ever they want just to get customers.

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

There are around 100 threads like that in here. Doc only is not automatically the best approach especially for a bigger case. Some of the very best clinics use techs.

Anyway, just out of the top of my head a list of clinics with heavy doc involvement 

Lupanzula 

Konior and nadimi 

Keser

Kaan

HLC 

Hei(t) mann

I tried to search here in the forum but since I am new to forums in general, It was hard for me to find answer for my question.

I dont think my case would exceed 2000, I went here for consultation to check and see how much grafts to expect they told me around 1500 to 2000, since I am in norwood 2-3, but still thats according to one clinic.

Thank you for the list.

dr. lupanzula and  dr. konior are no doubt among the top doctors mentioned here, but unfortunately I dont have the budget for them.

dr.kaan is new to me, just saw him, he got some amazing results but Ill have to do more research on him.

I've seen HLC everywhere on the net, but not sure if its just a good marketing strategy or they're really that reputable, but since you mentioned them I am more interested to know more about this clinic.

If I consider HLC, what advice can you give me before taking any further step with them?

Since they have more than one doctor, is there a specific doctor and/or techs you can suggest?

And since theyre not among the recommended clinics/drs here in the forum, should I be concerned? 

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2019 at 8:14 PM, Gasthoerer said:

Lupanzula 

Konior and nadimi 

Keser

Kaan

HLC 

Hei(t) mann

I am considering Kaan myself because he does everything himself. Manual extraction punch between 0,6m - 0,9mm and then inserts the grafts with the stick & place technique which means the Doc opens the channel and immediately places the hair inside (better results and recovery but gets the Doctor tired much faster). Since Kaan does not use a motorized punch to extract the grafts quicker (manual provides better feeling and control) and then does stick and place this means he can’t do more than 1500 grafts per day so If I do 5000 grafts it will be a 4 day surgery. 

The 3 best Spanish doctors Couto, Freitas, Lorenzo do the extraction with both motorized and manual punch but the main difference is that they are all using a implantor pen. This pen does both steps at the same time (open the channel and place the hair inside) this technique is called DHT. Some say DHT gets better results than stick & place but from what I read it only gets slightly better results if the doctor doing this technique is extremely experienced.

This DHT technique much like stick&place, means you will be doing 1200-1500 grafts per day maximum (maybe more because these Docs use motorized punch) so a surgery could also take 4 days. 

Would never consider HLC because I have no way of knowing which doctor will be doing my HT

The others you mentioned are out of my budget but what I saw from them it was at the same level as Kaan Pekiner with the added bonus that Kaan does beard BHT to add density.

The top 3 Spanish doctors really do seem to be among the best in the world but they charge more than Kaan and have a 2 year wait list. 

My search lead me to Kaan Pekiner: 2.15€/graft for Stick&Place with all manual FUE and does BHT from the beard to add density for 2.4€/graft. Check his results in this forum and the italian forum https://bellicapelli.forumfree.it/m/?f=64816590

Couldn’t find any other Doctor with this level of technique/results at this price level. 

Let me know if you find other Doctors with posted results that are doing the whole procedure themselves with either stick&place or DHT with Lion implanter at this price point. 

Edited by Portugal25