shookwon33

25 year old Asian male FUE with Dr. Diep 2049 grafts

Posted (edited)

Day 11 post op: Picture taken in natural "harsh lighting" directly after hair wash (wet hair): Finally I’d say I’ve been able to get about 85% of the crusting and scabs out of the recipient area with gentle contact washes increasing pressure each day slightly. The large crust/scab in the middle of the hairline seems to have been the largest one which I’m not in any rush to force out and eventually it will soften up and fall out naturally form what I’ve heard.

Furthermore, I now see how beautiful the designed hairline is that Dr. Diep did for me underneath all that crusting and scabbing and wow these are exciting times. My forehead looks so much more proportioned with the lower set hairline. I believe he told me we went from 7.75 cm hairline to eyebrow down to 6.25 cm which is considered his special medium tight hairline. Some would say this is aggressive but keep in mind I am only 25 so I think it looks good on me.

As far as addressing my temples are concerned he said my temples are almost perpendicular and didn't need to be touched so what he did was called Temple angle closure in the hairline which i think looks fantastic.

F3F37902-F79B-4744-85DA-2DAFDF246932.jpeg

Edited by shookwon33

Looks real good. I also had a big scab in front, and mine took a long time to come off.

• Like 1

The hairline looks good .. I can tell it matches ur face ..  u are pretty much out of the danger zone now .. just let the process take care of itself n not worry about things .. it’s out of ur hands now ..

i was like u , I did the solo journey too .. told nobody n just got on the plane n flew away . Came back home n nobody knows .. now I’m at 6 months n I don’t wear a hat anymore .. n nobody has any clue .  :) 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 7:08 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

You've got a dense donor area. Can't wait for your results to start coming in man, I'm sure you'll be one of Diep's video patients.

Do you get a discount for that?  LOL

17 minutes ago, Jiveturkey82 said:

Do you get a discount for that?  LOL

lol no discounts, but you’ll be famous 😬

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Day 15 post op: Hello everyone, I believe at this point I have been able to basically all the scabs and crusts in the recipient area. 

My question is when would I expect hairs to start shedding? I hear most people start shedding a lot by 2 weeks post op. It doesn’t seem like I have shed that many hairs yet in the area to be honest. They also don’t seem to be growing at all in length it seems like the same length from when they were implanted but I’m not sure.

512E2F36-6CC5-4964-94F7-7F0A9DB7C9D2.jpeg

Looks pretty dense and actually looks a bit longer than in your original picture.  I saw one guy on Youtube that never shed, hopefully you will be that lucky person who doesn't have to go through ugly duckling.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:47 AM, Jiveturkey82 said:

Looks pretty dense and actually looks a bit longer than in your original picture.  I saw one guy on Youtube that never shed, hopefully you will be that lucky person who doesn't have to go through ugly duckling.

That's crazy. Is that actually a thing to not shed lol? I mean as long as i get the same awesome results if I don't end up going through the ugly duckling then I'm all for it lolol

You’ll start shedding soon. Some guys shed at a month, while others shed at 2 weeks. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Jiveturkey82 said:

Hows it looking?

Day 25 post op: I still haven't really noticed any like rapid shedding. Did you experience like very gradual shedding? I'm not sure when i will hit that phase where it looks like 95% of the hairs fall off like most lol. It seems that the pinkish tint on the recipient area is starting to slowly fade away, hows yours?

Edited by shookwon33