Hasson and Wong question.

Hey everyone,

When it comes to these extremely skilled, and well-respected surgeons, is there much of a difference between them?

As in, is one more involved in a certain type of procedure, versus the other? Or are they pretty much the same?

Also, when going with them, does a patient choose who they want to be operated on by?

I'm more-so just curious about how clinics that have multiple reputable surgeons operate.

Thanks all.

Edited by bonkling

I've no idea how they operate and I am curious too, but they have same team and their results seems the same quality of each other. So I don't feel it is.

Some say Dr.Wong is better in crown work, but I am not buying it

28 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I believe I’ve read that Dr Hasson specializes in FUE while Dr Wong more-so on FUT.

That will be a surprise, most Dr.Hasson results are FUT 

In fact, I searched on their website couple of weeks ago, they have very few FUE for 3K or more sessions in their result section, and they were mostly by dr.Wong 

And some of the FUT mega sessions by Dr.Hasson is out of the world

I've read that too, but it may just be here-say among forum members. 

Further to this, I've been quoted around 1500-2000 grafts from multiple docs - considering their amazing high count FUT results, would going FUT with them be overkill sort of?

I'm considering FUT due to extensive family history of balding, and sitting at a NW4 in my early 30's.

This is just an observation of mine but it seems like Wong is more active in researching fue as he takes part in a lot of the fue conferences and is also a member of many fue organizations for doctors. But who’s to say that can create differences in results between them as they both have their own separate techs doing all the extractions and they only do design/incisions?

15 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

I've no idea how they operate and I am curious too, but they have same team and their results seems the same quality of each other. So I don't feel it is.

In fact, I searched on their website couple of weeks ago, they have very few FUE for 3K or more sessions in their result section, and they were mostly by dr.Wong 

You’re probably right, I might have mixed up who does what, but both look to be doing good work from what I’ve seen.

22 hours ago, bonkling said:

Hey everyone,

When it comes to these extremely skilled, and well-respected surgeons, is there much of a difference between them?

As in, is one more involved in a certain type of procedure, versus the other? Or are they pretty much the same?

Also, when going with them, does a patient choose who they want to be operated on by?

I'm more-so just curious about how clinics that have multiple reputable surgeons operate.

Thanks all.

Hi Bonkling,

If this question is for me, considering I am a representative of Hasson and Wong, I will answer from my perspective.

If you’re asking if there is a difference between Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong, the simple answer is yes. However, there is not much difference in terms of skill level and how they would be ranked and perceived within the industry.

Both are considered among the best in the world and as you have likely seen here, are capable of producing results equal to or greater than any other highly respected surgeon. The patient can choose which doctor they’d like if their research has led them to one over the other. In most cases, a patient is suited for either. If I feel for whatever reason one doctor may be a better fit than another, I will tell the patient so. As an example, Dr. Wong typically does more female patients than Dr. Hasson so a female may be assigned to Dr. Wong.  

21 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I believe I’ve read that Dr Hasson specializes in FUE while Dr Wong more-so on FUT.

CosmoKrammer,

Both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are proficient in both FUT and FUE. We have felt for a few years now that either doctor can produce our industry-leading results with either method.

21 hours ago, harry_potter1 said:

Harry_potter1,

Each doctor has his own highly skilled team. In some cases when required, a member from one team will assist the other team but not often.

It is interesting how things happen on the forums. One member may express an opinion and maybe it gains traction. I’ve heard these things for years about Dr. Wong is better with crowns, and Dr. Hasson is better with this or that, etc. I find it amusing as I know both are equally as talented in cases where one is considered better than the other.

Maybe check back to our site. We’ve put more FUE results up and placed some more prominently in the first few pages.

Presently 11 of 12 results are FUE on the front page of our Gallery,  4 of which are 3,000 grafts or more. We will also be adding another Dr. Hasson 4,000 + FUE result to the gallery and I’ll also post here very soon. 8 of the 11 are Dr. Hasson’s FUE results.

20 hours ago, bonkling said:

I've read that too, but it may just be here-say among forum members. 

Further to this, I've been quoted around 1500-2000 grafts from multiple docs - considering their amazing high count FUT results, would going FUT with them be overkill sort of?

I'm considering FUT due to extensive family history of balding, and sitting at a NW4 in my early 30's.

Bonkling,

We typically estimate or recommend a higher number of grafts than most clinics. We will usually put more in a given area and have the staff to perform large mega sessions. As I have stated before, you have to have a certain density for it to look natural and you need large numbers for large areas of thinning or balding scalp. Some clinics don’t have the technology or staff to accomplish the numbers in one session. We sometimes kid that no one comes back and says: “Doc, you gave me too much hair”

If it was to happen, we would be leading the way in those cases. 😄

7 hours ago, jj51702 said:

This is just an observation of mine but it seems like Wong is more active in researching fue as he takes part in a lot of the fue conferences and is also a member of many fue organizations for doctors. But who’s to say that can create differences in results between them as they both have their own separate techs doing all the extractions and they only do design/incisions?

jj51702,

Dr. Wong’s contributions have been instrumental in our summit to the top of the FUE field and he is a little more involved with regards to conferences, organizations, and colleagues. While Dr. Hasson may not be as involved to this extent, his contributions at the clinic level are not to be dismissed. His results will suggest that his lack of involvement does not diminish the quality of his work.   

In the end, if you are not sure who might be the best fit, let the team at Hasson and Wong help you decide. If we feel there is a reason why you should have one over the other, we’ll let you know. But if it comes down to either Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong, you’ve already made the right decision😄

• Like 2

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

22 minutes ago, H & W Doug said:

Hi Bonkling,

If this question is for me, considering I am a representative of Hasson and Wong, I will answer from my perspective.

If you’re asking if there is a difference between Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong, the simple answer is yes. However, there is not much difference in terms of skill level and how they would be ranked and perceived within the industry.

Both are considered among the best in the world and as you have likely seen here, are capable of producing results equal to or greater than any other highly respected surgeon. The patient can choose which doctor they’d like if their research has led them to one over the other. In most cases, a patient is suited for either. If I feel for whatever reason one doctor may be a better fit than another, I will tell the patient so. As an example, Dr. Wong typically does more female patients than Dr. Hasson so a female may be assigned to Dr. Wong.  

CosmoKrammer,

Both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are proficient in both FUT and FUE. We have felt for a few years now that either doctor can produce our industry-leading results with either method.

Harry_potter1,

Each doctor has his own highly skilled team. In some cases when required, a member from one team will assist the other team but not often.

It is interesting how things happen on the forums. One member may express an opinion and maybe it gains traction. I’ve heard these things for years about Dr. Wong is better with crowns, and Dr. Hasson is better with this or that, etc. I find it amusing as I know both are equally as talented in cases where one is considered better than the other.

Maybe check back to our site. We’ve put more FUE results up and placed some more prominently in the first few pages.

Presently 11 of 12 results are FUE on the front page of our Gallery,  4 of which are 3,000 grafts or more. We will also be adding another Dr. Hasson 4,000 + FUE result to the gallery and I’ll also post here very soon. 8 of the 11 are Dr. Hasson’s FUE results.

Bonkling,

We typically estimate or recommend a higher number of grafts than most clinics. We will usually put more in a given area and have the staff to perform large mega sessions. As I have stated before, you have to have a certain density for it to look natural and you need large numbers for large areas of thinning or balding scalp. Some clinics don’t have the technology or staff to accomplish the numbers in one session. We sometimes kid that no one comes back and says: “Doc, you gave me too much hair”

If it was to happen, we would be leading the way in those cases. 😄

jj51702,

Dr. Wong’s contributions have been instrumental in our summit to the top of the FUE field and he is a little more involved with regards to conferences, organizations, and colleagues. While Dr. Hasson may not be as involved to this extent, his contributions at the clinic level are not to be dismissed. His results will suggest that his lack of involvement does not diminish the quality of his work.   

In the end, if you are not sure who might be the best fit, let the team at Hasson and Wong help you decide. If we feel there is a reason why you should have one over the other, we’ll let you know. But if it comes down to either Dr. Hasson or Dr. Wong, you’ve already made the right decision😄

Hi there,

Considering the dense packing both doctors do so well, would they take into account someone's future loss?

I.e. if a person was genetically predisposed to becoming a NW7, is a conservative measure something that could be adopted?

27 minutes ago, Greg_Swanson said:

Hi there,

Considering the dense packing both doctors do so well, would they take into account someone's future loss?

I.e. if a person was genetically predisposed to becoming a NW7, is a conservative measure something that could be adopted?

Greg_Swanson,

We always take into account someone’s potential future loss. I was recently talking to a patient who had a procedure with another doctor and I was dismayed at the fact this patient indicted his previous surgeon did not talk to him about his projected future hair loss or possible prevention. With few exceptions and I could agree with no exceptions, every patient should have this conversation with his surgeon regardless of how far they are projected to slide down the Norwood scale.

For a NW7 or potential NW7, a conservative hairline and approach is usually always the best option. The degree of dense packing necessary or required will vary from patient to patient. While a certain density is required in the frontal zone for the most natural result, it is not likely to be as high in a NW7 with avenge donor hair than in a NW3 with exceptional donor hair as an example. In most cases, the average surgeon can only achieve a certain density so in this instance there may not be much of a difference. In our clinic, the chances would be greater that there would be a discrepancy in density from the NW7 to the NW3.       

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 2 weeks later...