Why are there no dr baubac cases in this forum?

On 7/15/2019 at 7:12 PM, transplantedphil said:

If they have signed it they can't disclose it (right)? Pretty shady stuff. 

Problem is if youve actually paid a deposit to the clinic, travelled to get surgery, booked a hotel etc, then on the day you're given an NDA you're suddenly faced with a sunk cost bias as to whether just sign it and hope for the best, or lose the money and start the process of finding a HT doc all over again. 

That's exactly what Dr. Baubac Hayatdavoudi did to me. The dumped the NDA on me the morning of my sugery.

Edited by Ranger99

You should have taken your pen and crossed out the lines having to do with posting in an online forum about your procedure, and anything else you objected to.  Even with the NDA, all he can do is terminate the patient/physician relationship. 

4 hours ago, Curious said:

You should have taken your pen and crossed out the lines having to do with posting in an online forum about your procedure, and anything else you objected to.  Even with the NDA, all he can do is terminate the patient/physician relationship. 

Interesting. Still want some legal counsel before I divulge my story.

7 hours ago, Ranger99 said:

I can do that. ;)

Screen-Shot-2019-07-20-at-11-21-02-AM.pn

Interesting...

But, even worse than the “keep your mouth shut” clause, is that they want you to relinquish your right to any legal/court action against them and do arbitration probably with an arbitration service they very-likely pay for. Yeah, No.

Edited by CosmoKramer

6 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Interesting...

But, even worse than the “keep your mouth shut” clause, is that they want you to relinquish your right to any legal/court action against them and do arbitration probably with an arbitration service they very-likely pay for. Yeah, No.

Here is more on the arbitration from the Armani/Baubac agreement:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-20-at-3-39-19-PM.png

Edited by Ranger99

On 7/15/2019 at 7:31 PM, jj51702 said:

From what I’ve read, yes. Anyone who knows more info can correct me if I’m wrong. I wonder if Rahal has patients sign NDAs too since it seems to be common practice among the doctors Armani trained?

I’ve had this suspicion because I’ve seen quite a few people drop off the face of the earth on this site when their results get to 7 or 8 months and look like there are yield issues. Maybe just a coincidence and they’re just out living their lives?, guess we won’t get confirmation if it’s true anyway. Those kind of threads can be annoying though and if it actually is down to that kinda tactic will skew the results and not allow prospective patients to make a decision based on informed consent.

• Like 2

When you show up in the morning for your transplant and they hand this agreement to you to sign, refuse to sign it, or insist on crossing out the portions such as the NDA and the arbitration requirement that you object to.  They probably won't cancel you.   

44 minutes ago, Curious said:

When you show up in the morning for your transplant and they hand this agreement to you to sign, refuse to sign it, or insist on crossing out the portions such as the NDA and the arbitration requirement that you object to.  They probably won't cancel you.   

Wish I had walked right out of his office. Would've had a much better, and cheaper, time at Universal Studios.

NDA or not NDA: It is still very strange how few patient reports are out there showing the work from Baubac. I googled several forums, but there are the same rare reviews. 

The clinic posted results look great but patient reviews are the deciding factor. 

8 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

NDA or not NDA: It is still very strange how few patient reports are out there showing the work from Baubac. I googled several forums, but there are the same rare reviews. 

The clinic posted results look great but patient reviews are the deciding factor. 

A few possibilities:

- botched patients get repair jobs and, after success, move on with their lives

- fear of litigation keeps them quiet (fear is a very powerful thing)

- they give up on restoration altogether (which is sort of where I am at, although I feel compelled to warn others)

Edited by Ranger99

2 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

That does not explain why there are also no positive reviews from patients.

It suggests there aren't many and/or that those with positive results don't want to talk about it and want to keep private lives.

3 minutes ago, Ranger99 said:

It suggests there aren't many and/or that those with positive results don't want to talk about it and want to keep private lives.

The latter would be the case for any clinic. It is also hard to believe that he has only unhappy clients. At least he performs most of the surgery himself. Why would he do that if all results are bad anyway? 

Anyway, the lack of patient results was the thing which turned me down. 

2 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

The latter would be the case for any clinic. It is also hard to believe that he has only unhappy clients. At least he performs most of the surgery himself. Why would he do that if all results are bad anyway? 

Anyway, the lack of patient results was the thing which turned me down. 

As I said on the H&W thread, Baubac did the harvesting and holes for the transplants but had two very young latino clinicians doing the actual placement of the grafts.

Why would he do what if the results are bad? I don't seem to understand your question.

Edited by Ranger99

1 minute ago, Ranger99 said:

As I said on the H&W thread, Baubac did the harvesting and holes for the transplants but had two very young latino clinicians doing the actual placement of the grafts.

That is still more than most of the clinics do. Most clinics have the techs harvesting even the great ones (H&W, Feriduni, …). 

5 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

That is still more than most of the clinics do. Most clinics have the techs harvesting even the great ones (H&W, Feriduni, …). 

OK, wasn't aware of that. Regardless, results are the bottom line and I didn't get them.

Also, the harvesting was not great. There were patches of overharvested areas rather than evenly spread harvesting. I am not sure what the standard is, but this is what I got.

Edited by Ranger99

5 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Just read the NDA clauses published: Seems like it is just not allowed to present any (!) results in forums. Neither good ones nor bad ones...scary. 

Perhaps this will give a bit of insight:

Screen-Shot-M.jpg