Should I get PRP prior to DHI?

Hi guys, I have finally decided to have a HT. I will be getting a DHI done. I have chosen the clinic Cosmeticium in Istanbul. I will need around 2,000 grafts.

1) Have you heard anything or do you have any feedback regarding Cosmeticium? I've spoken to some local guys that have used them and are very pleased, but any more input is welcome.

2) They will do a PRP on the day of the procedure. Do you recommend doing a PRP before and/or after?

Thanks!

Why did you choose that particular clinic?  

Never heard of Cosmeticium, what are the ingredients?  Typically anything that has to do with hair will have Rogaine in it.

PRP is one of 4 modalities used to help with retention and enhancement of the native hair.  It also helps to reverse the miniaturization of hair.  Since you are considering a transplant, many suggest you do it at the time of the procedure.  Why go through the discomfort again when you can take advantage of being numb already?  Additionally, PRP will help bring the results a bit sooner. (Hopefully the clinic knows how to do this correctly.  Many practitioners are just beginning to offer the service and really do not know what they are doing.  Seldom will they see any results.  Ask the doctor what kind of experience they have and have them show you photos of patients that have had it done.  This should help you determine if you should do it).

57 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Why did you choose that particular clinic?  

Never heard of Cosmeticium, what are the ingredients?  Typically anything that has to do with hair will have Rogaine in it.

PRP is one of 4 modalities used to help with retention and enhancement of the native hair.  It also helps to reverse the miniaturization of hair.  Since you are considering a transplant, many suggest you do it at the time of the procedure.  Why go through the discomfort again when you can take advantage of being numb already?  Additionally, PRP will help bring the results a bit sooner. (Hopefully the clinic knows how to do this correctly.  Many practitioners are just beginning to offer the service and really do not know what they are doing.  Seldom will they see any results.  Ask the doctor what kind of experience they have and have them show you photos of patients that have had it done.  This should help you determine if you should do it).

Thanks for your quick answer! I know two people that have used that clinic and are very happy with the results; and that's given me done reassurance. 

They offer traditional FUE and also DHI so I picked DHI because of the perceived benefits. 

In terms of the PRP, the clinic will be doing it on the day of the procedure. However, I was wondering if it is advised to get additional PRP sessions before / after. The clinic said it wasn't necessary but I thought I'd ask in this forum I'd anyone find it helpful :)

PRP, like any other modality, needs to be done at the intervals suggested/recommended by the Doctor.  Eventually you will lose the benefit if you don't.  The problem at this time is that everyone is doing their own thing and not comparing notes. Some work and some don't.  How much are they doing?  Is it combined with a matrix?  What success have they had?  Check on all these things.  

3 hours ago, DENNIS EWENS said:

There is estplast clinic in istanbul, clinic is in the best hospital of Turkey, it is like a hotel actually. They perform maximum greft and doctor is really professional

As @wheredidmyfolliclesgo said, "You only have two posts and both are advertising that clinic. If you want to advertise, you need to register as a commercial account".

Edited by Spaniard85

On 5/25/2019 at 4:39 PM, LaserCap said:

PRP, like any other modality, needs to be done at the intervals suggested/recommended by the Doctor.  Eventually you will lose the benefit if you don't.  The problem at this time is that everyone is doing their own thing and not comparing notes. Some work and some don't.  How much are they doing?  Is it combined with a matrix?  What success have they had?  Check on all these things.  

Thanks for your answer LaserCap - I will ask the Doctor.

I was just trying to see if fellow patients had any positive experiences re getting a PRP before and/or afterwards as well as at the same time as the HT

Typically it is best to do it at the time of the procedure.  It can help bring the results in sooner.  I've seen cases where in 3 months patients have had a nice visual result.  In addition, it can help reverse the miniaturization of native hair.  Lastly, you will be under local and will be far more comfortable to go through.  Watch out, there can be short time swelling because of it.  This is very short lived however.

PRP has still the lowest evidence among the other approved options. Nonetheless, it makes sense to have it given during the surgery. I personally include it with surgery in order to encourage people and the most perceived benefit is a slightly shorter initial resting phase in those who use it. I do not advocate its ongoing use after the transplant as i prefer clients to go back Finasteride, LLLT or regaine for maintenance after. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram