Eugenix Pre HT visit, queries & PRP

DXB001

Hi All, 

I've booked up for my HT with Eugenix in late July and had the opportunity to visit them today and also had a PRP done with Dr. Arika. 

The overall experience has been good so far and all the staff are supportive and friendly. I was provided access to their in house accommodation which was to a very good standard. Nelson has been in regular contact and even arranged dinner at 2AM (That's when I reached). Below are the questions I had asked Dr. Arika and her answers. 

1. What's my donor capacity - Had a visual check and was given an estimate of around 6000 in scalp, 2000 from beard

2. What's the estimated future loss potential and requirement  - Likely to loose further in mid scalp and crown

3. What density can I expect in recipient area  - Didn't give specific numbers but she felt since my donor quality is decent, I can get good density. I've been advised 2500 grafts for the front and 500 for crown. (This is lower than the number suggested during video consultation, which showed me that they care about the requirement of the patient rather than trying to get the most out of a patient) 

4. No shave HT? - It is very much possible and can be done on request. Advised to grow the hair above the donor area to be around 6cm long to cover up after extraction. (I'm not going for this option) 

5. What hairline will suit me? - Changes from person to person. Someone with a round face will likely benefit from a U shaped hair airline, whereas someone with a longer, leaner face they're likely to suit a V shaped hairline. Along the front hairline, they always have some macro and micro irregularities so that the hair line looks natural

6. Which direction the hair will grow. Can this be chosen or how do they decide. - The sliths in the frontal area will be done in the natural way that everyone is born with so that it's then easier to style it the way you want. For people with low donor capacity and large area to cover, they ask for their preferred way of combing (e.g: partition on the left/right) so that they can plant in a suitable way

7. On the scale of 10, how painful is anaesthetic when injected. - I got this for my PRP. My personal experience 3/10 - pain

8. Fin post HT for how long? - Preferably always, but, if you have side effects then after 3/6 months of HT, they can recommend a lower dosage

9. How much for post op medicines inc Fin for lets say 3-6 months. - Did not ask the cost 

10. PRP required after surgery or is it case by case basis - As per latest studies and in line with most international doctors, PRP is recommended after 7 months of HT. And thereafter the frequency depends on the benefits you see from it, as not everyone will benefit from PRP

Overall, Good first impressions, the doctor took time to answer my questions which makes me feel I've made the right choice. I'll keep you posted with my pics post transplant in July. 

Hope the above is of help. 

20190524_092212.jpg

20190524_014748.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent post. Thank you for this very informative, and useful info.

You definitely asked the right questions, and your observations are clearly intelligent ones. Great stuff.

I'll be meeting Dr Bansal and Dr Sethi when they show up to Manchester next month, and so next year I look forward to sharing my Eugenix HT experience with also.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, 

Just to update you, my HT with Dr. Sethi is tomorrow and I'll update with the details after the HT

I've arrived a day early and the in house accommodation is very comfortable and convenient. 

If you would like me to find out any information specifically, please let me know. 

20190726_011727.jpg

20190726_011724.jpg

20190726_011754.jpg

Wishing you all the very best for the HT @DXB001. You're in the best hands, as the Eugenix results are always amazing.

I totally agree with Paddy about the photos of the accommodation. It looks better than some of the 5 star hotels I've stayed at in Europe. It's a nice bonus to add to the fact that you're getting a state of the art HT.

On 5/25/2019 at 4:33 AM, paddyirishman said:

Great write up and very interesting post.

You asked great questions and the answers from the doctor were educating. 

Which Centre or city did you visit? 

.......Thanks    again.......

........Paddy....

They only have accommodation facilities in New Delhi I guess 

So New Delhi