spex

Spex | Moving on | Take Care to all

Posted (edited)

Dear Bill, Pat and Melvin,

“However, we have put up with it because you do provide some sound advice  and you haven’t blatantly broken any rules.”

• Bill the “publisher”, May 21st, 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54103-hw-hattingen-konior-feriduni-devroye-or-bisanga-for-fut/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-509774

pic.thumb.jpg.998a8e7d73f9bc96744f25534765d375.jpg

I’d like to take this moment to express my sincere appreciation for the “tolerance” I’ve received over the past fifteen years and over 7000 posts. The sheer strength it has taken to “tolerate” me for such a long time is nothing less than monumental. You should really pat yourselves on the back for such an achievement. I admit, reading my posts where I comment and encourage patients that have gone to doctors that I have never worked with, giving advice to posters that I have never had any personal contact with, and with no inclination of engaging with on any professional level, and assisting your members with all manner of problems based on my experience(s) in the hair transplant field as a profession, must have been absolute torture for you. The poison that you describe as having come from my participation in a thread where I was personally attacked for zero legitimate reasons is also evidence of your strength and wisdom as you clearly know something that I do not. But whom am I to question such greatness? Thank you, sincerely, for tolerating my presence. 

To all of the great HTN members,

I’m sorry it has come to this. In case some of you are wondering what this is about, I wrote an article for a popular men’s blog that has gone viral throughout the English speaking world and in this article I outline twenty of the top hair restoration surgeons worldwide. I was then attacked, without provocation by an HTN member doctor for the sole reason of his exclusion from the article, even though I was very clear in that the list was not to be considered exhaustive or complete.  The doctor saw fit to delete his posts and I in turn was happy to delete my comments back to him. No harm, no foul. However, when I questioned the additional edits by HTN moderators which included additional post deletions by members which were quoting the doctor, and comments that were left to defend me, I made a comment about the selective editing that had occurred. Ironically, one post remains by Melvin, the “co-moderator” which supports the doctors attack on me; “I don’t think that Dr. … said anything bad, in fact most of what he said is true.” 

My comment stands; “Some very interesting/selective editing on this topic.... “

If it has not become obvious as this point, I think that the target upon my back is getting to be a tad heavy as I do not possess the “physical and mental fortitude” that Bill obviously has that has allowed him to tolerate me for the past fifteen years. So I would like to close by saying that I have appreciated all of your comments and support through the years and I have been so blessed with watching so many of you find the follicular salvation you have been seeking. For that, my time here has been massively rewarding. With the comment made by Bill where he clearly states I’ve  been helpful and haven’t broken any rules (not “blatantly” but otherwise?) it is more clear than ever that for those of you that have garnered enough knowledge to the point that you know what you’re talking about, you’re a threat to the status quo if you question those that would seek to control what you see and hear. 

I wish for my account to be closed and I wish you all the very best for the future. Thanks for everything.

Moderators deleting or modifying this post in five, four, three…

Regards

Spencer ( Spex ) 

Edited by spex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Much respect spex, you reached out to me and gave me sound advice on my situation  while encouraging me, and for that I thankyou. 

Sucks to see ya go, but I will continue to follow you on other social media platforms. 

Rg

@spex

From the time I've been on here I have appreciated your posts. I don't know what selective deletions you're referring too. Both you and the surgeon deleted your posts. I didn't delete my post, but if it really bothered you that much, you could have simply sent me a private message and I would have gladly deleted it. I still stand by my posts, which was not defending the doctor or you. I was simply stating facts. You're in the business of promoting surgeons that you see fit your criteria. I'm not entirely sure what your criteria is, but I am sure it's listed on your website, at least I hope, which was what I basically said. There is nothing wrong with that, and I never said that there was something wrong with promoting surgeons. Also, I said "most" of what the doctor said was true, which I stand by; except for a few incorrect remarks. And I don't agree with the initial reaction, which I'm sure has changed now.

I do understand that you may feel offended and upset. I truly do think this could have been handled with a simple private message and telephone call. In my opinion, the community is better off working together than against each other. I understand ego's are fragile. It has always been our goal to link patients (just like us) with quality hair transplant surgeons. We both know how many "hair mills" are out there ruining patients lives. So, before you leave, I am going to reach out to you in hopes that we could talk about this and perhaps find a solution. If at the end you truly wish to leave than I would feel satisfied knowing that you truly wish to leave and no longer want to participate in our patient-focused community.

Best wishes,

Melvin

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

Is it not odd that Bill's "you could have private messaged" isn't reversed? If Spex should have done something, wouldn't the appropriate response be your own prescribed appropriate response? - and not put him on blast to the forum? Do as I say, not as I do. If Spex didn't get that courtesy, I don't know who will.

I know I put effort into posts here to help others. I don't know how I'd feel having the managing publisher shit on me. I can't imagine how Spex feels. Seems trivial for such an angry response.

It is a reach to call Spex a peddler. His reputation here and outside the forum bring credibility which only help the site, and by extension, the members (+ viewers). He posts in the appropriate sections (by clinic) and he often, like he says, recommends physicians he is not affiliated with... Self-destructive behavior bashing him. I didn't interact hardly at all with him, but I think HRN lost a lot of goodwill today.

Posted (edited)

@Bill - Managing Publisher @Melvin-Moderator 

how do you delete one of your own posts? I made a post 2 hours ago and I can only edit it. There is no option to delete.

EDIT: I just made this post and can't delete it. You both mention how Dr. Hasson deleted his own post and Spex delete his own post.

Edited by hairlossPA

While I think Spex is overreacting, I think the post he is screen shooting was really bad from the moderator if I am being totally honet.

Dr.Hasson post was personal attack for no reason, and followed by a personal of moderator that was directed in a manner there has been an ongoing frustration with him, so I can understand the overreaction.

I don't blame Melvin at all, he is trying to be peace messenger  and it is respectful from his part. 

Hope it is all solved soon, and good luck to everyone

• Like 1

While I think Spex is overreacting,...

Well that is certainly the understatement of the year. It’s interesting how Spex will take one negative comment I made out of dozens if not hundreds of supportive statements I’ve made about him over the years  and blatantly overreact and use that as a means to not only leave this community but attack me and make me sound like a bully. 

The reality is, all I did was remove comments from Dr. Hasson who already essentially “removed” his own posts by editing his comments, changing them to the word “deleted”. So, any reply to Dr. Hasson didn’t make any sense and thus, I removed those as well. 

Now, forget whether or not anyone felt the doctors comments were appropriate or not… that is not the issue here.   The issue is that Instead of contacting Melvin or I privately and expressing concern or simply asking a question, he decided to sarcastically and unprofessionally make a snide remark making it sound like we are participating in foul play.  This is certainly untrue, unappreciated and unprofessional.   

So I reply to him calling him out for  peddling his own agenda.  So wrong about that and what’s on True about it? Specs is a self promoter. There’s no question. He has a website dedicated to himself and while it’s good or bad, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a self promoter peddling his own agenda.    Does he help people? Sure. I’ve mentioned that which is why I said what I said.   But is there any question that he’s a self promoter? There shouldn’t be. I’m sure Spex gets paid very well for everything he does.   Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with getting paid  as long as you’re working in the patient’s best interest    But for him to  accuse us of an agenda when he blatantly self promotes on this forum is not only offensive but sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. 

Now as for Spex,  if he wishes to play the martyr, that’s his prerogative and yet more examples of his self seeking agenda.    With the record, we have not banned him or suspended him.  Leaving this community is his choice. 

So I guess at this point,  we will all wish Spex good luck and hope he works in the best interest of prospective patients regardless of where he posts.   But since he has chosen to leave, there’s no sense in continuing to discuss it. That is his choice and we will honor his choice. 

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I want to further add that spex has been found creating posts on this forum asking prospective patients to pay him for consultations. Mind you, he is not a surgeon and just a patient. He also gets paid by doctors he represents. So there is a huge conflict of interest there. He clearly is a self promoter and while I’m not denying that he has done some good, let’s be realistic about who he is and what he does.   Sorry, but my post was accurate and even still, he is the one overreacting and choosing to leave on his own accord.  

Bill

• Like 1

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.