Cooley vs HnW

Hey guys, I'm currently in the decision stages for my first FUT

I'm trying to decide on these two clinics.

Advantages of Cooley

• Excellent strip scar
  • Great results
  • Is there every step of the way (extraction, incision, etc).
  • Techs have been working with him for over a decade

Advantages of Hasson and Wong:

• Tons of great results from previous patients (more than Cooley)
  • Well known innovators
  • Do both FUT and FUE and have no preference between either

Who do you guys recommend?

• Administrators

Both are excellent choices, have you consulted with either?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

59 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Both are excellent choices, have you consulted with either?

Hey Melvin, I consulted with both but they were reps.

Dr. Konior was my first choice but his waitlist is too far out for me unfortunately

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, mephesto said:

Hey Melvin, I consulted with both but they were reps.

Dr. Konior was my first choice but his waitlist is too far out for me unfortunately

I suggest setting up a skype meeting with both surgeons. You want to speak to the actual surgeons and not the reps. This will help you decide.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Tough call. If you’re going for 3000+ grafts HnW might have an edge because they’ve done so many good megasessions. Both are great with hairline work and scars.

I would do what Melvin suggests, talk to both and see if the differing surgical plans push you one way or the other. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I suggest setting up a skype meeting with both surgeons. You want to speak to the actual surgeons and not the reps. This will help you decide.

Dr. Hasson does not take online consultations via skype. I've tried. However, Dr. Wong does if I'm not mistaken.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, mhaider1991 said:

Dr. Hasson does not take online consultations via skype. I've tried. However, Dr. Wong does if I'm not mistaken.

I haven’t heard of this, last I checked Skype consultations were acceptable. I don’t see how that’s possible considering a large portion of their patients don’t live in Canada.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I haven’t heard of this, last I checked Skype consultations were acceptable. I don’t see how that’s possible considering a large portion of their patients don’t live in Canada.

Well I'm telling you- I've tried multiple times. I'm a prospective patient and was intending to go with them and tried to get a Skype consult. I had a few consults with their reps and got a graft estimate and everything  but they stated to me that Dr. Hasson does not take consultations but Dr. Wong does. I decided to go thru with it, but something else happened, and I decided to pass.

Edited by mhaider1991

3 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

Tough call. If you’re going for 3000+ grafts HnW might have an edge because they’ve done so many good megasessions. Both are great with hairline work and scars.

I would do what Melvin suggests, talk to both and see if the differing surgical plans push you one way or the other. 

Thanks Recession. Mine would be 3000+ for crown + hairline or 2000ish for just hairline.

Dr. Nadimi suggested focusing on the hairline instead of the crown and uses only 1,500 grafts. She seems to be the most conservative of the doctors so far and was also the only doctor to speak to me without a rep. I'm just worried that 1500 grafts will leave me disappointed and wanting another procedure rather quickly after that one.

Edited by mephesto

7 minutes ago, mephesto said:

Thanks Recession. Mine would be 3000+ for crown + hairline or 2000ish for just hairline.

Dr. Nadimi suggested focusing on the hairline instead of the crown and uses only 1,500 grafts. She seems to be the most conservative of the doctors so far and was also the only doctor to speak to me without a rep. I'm just worried that 1500 grafts will leave me disappointed and wanting another procedure rather quickly after that one.

How old are you? I’m 28 and was tempted to thicken up my crown but Konior talked me out of it 

There’s a decent chance you won’t be fully satisfied with 1500 grafts, though Nadimi seems to get excellent mileage out of that graft count

1 hour ago, RecessionProof said:

How old are you? I’m 28 and was tempted to thicken up my crown but Konior talked me out of it 

There’s a decent chance you won’t be fully satisfied with 1500 grafts, though Nadimi seems to get excellent mileage out of that graft count

I'm the same age! 28 as well. Interesting, we both were advised not to work on the crown.

Were you told to wait and observe the crown because of your age? What did Konior say on it?

Edited by mephesto

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I spoke with an HnW rep and it was barely a 5 min call..we charge this much, you will need this many grafts...let me know when to schedule. Is it possible to have a call directly with doc?

On the other hand, Rahal consult was also with a rep but more detailed and in the end they send a pdf detailing what portion they will cover and with what density.

OP - You're young for an HT; can you some pics?

Edited by Panamera13

1 hour ago, Panamera13 said:

I spoke with an HnW rep and it was barely a 5 min call..we charge this much, you will need this many grafts...let me know when to schedule. Is it possible to have a call directly with doc?

On the other hand, Rahal consult was also with a rep but more detailed and in the end they send a pdf detailing what portion they will cover and with what density.

OP - You're young for an HT; can you some pics?

I've said it before and say it again: Dr. Hasson does not do Skype consultations and for the life of me, I don't know why. Dr. Wong does however.

53 minutes ago, mhaider1991 said:

I've said it before and say it again: Dr. Hasson does not do Skype consultations and for the life of me, I don't know why. Dr. Wong does however.

I didn’t like that either where I was asking questions and they were being relayed from the rep to the doctor back to the rep and back to me and vice versa. When I did meet hasson in person he seemed very helpful and went through many details with me (of course they charged a ~$70 consult fee in that case though).