Dylan

Is my hairline receding I’m only 16!

If it is receding what should I do I’ve heard there isn’t remedies like rogaine but I don’t know what it is

C995DA7F-D6DF-49C1-869B-296268348C04.jpeg

It looks fairly normal to me, do you have pictures of when you were a child to compare?

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Editorial Assistant and Forum Co-Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

It looks OK, but obviously we don't know what it looked like before. If you think it's receding then take a picture in the same location and angle and lighting once a month for the next 6 to 12 months and compare them to see if it really is receding or not.

Look at family history. Mostly your maternal side: grandfather & uncles. Without pics of you maybe 2-3 years ago we can't tell if it's receded, only where it is currently.

You look fine man. Try my stress on it and fixate.

go live your life and get off the forums !

Regards

spex

spexhair.com

Based on the photo it seems you have a hairline in the middle of the forehead, common for someone young.  Eventually this will mature and recede.  Do ask your family members about history of hair loss and keep a log.  Take photos and put them away.  If you see things continuing in the next few years, go to a dermatologist or a hair transplant surgeon.  These consultations are typically free and they can be a good source of information. Depending on the outcome you can then decide if some type of medical therapy is appropriate.  Most doctors think that age 18 is OK to start using something.  Always consult with the doctor.  Lastly, you have very dark hair and light scalp. The contrast is always going to make things seem worse than what they truly are.  Like most said, don't freak out.  The stress, while not the culprit, can also attribute to faster loss.  Do your research and stay informed.

I agree with everyone here - particularly with Spex... Go live your life and have fun and save the hair loss stress for your 20s should you ever start noticing changes/accelerated loss. But for now, you seem to be in fantastic shape - and with a killer widow's peak! :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14

2,001 grafts

Ones: 607

Twos: 925

Threes: 413

Fours: 56

1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014